Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Ninja Rant - Advise me, or be ninja'd
ninjavanish 08:55 PM 09-01-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
Forget that isht about being in your sights! I was busy making a pot of (hopefully) badass chili.

Here's my experience: if I disagree with someone, they have about two minutes to change my mind. And vice versa. If you can't change my view in two minutes, anything afterwards is just wasting both of our times.

So that's my input. If YOU know you are right, that's good enough. If they don't agree... F*ck 'em!
Peter,

Thanks bud.

One thing I learned a while ago is sometimes you just have to let people come around on their own. Right?
[Reply]
loki 08:56 PM 09-01-2011
Originally Posted by ninjavanish:
Keep asking questions like that and you may soon find out! :P
ummm ok sport
[Reply]
ninjavanish 09:02 PM 09-01-2011
Originally Posted by Ogre:
It must be bad if you keep throwing out threats like that!:-):-)
It's not bad. I just like to get the input of others from time to time to make sure I'm not off my rocker. And I think the responses have pretty much resonated my own thoughts. So if that is the case I can't be too far off the median opinion... right?

As it pertains to cigars, LOKI, I happen to be a cigar smoker. And the people on the board happen to be cigar smokers. I don't know if you've ever posted in any of my previous threads, or if I've posted in any of yours, but if my post has somehow annoyed you because you don't find it to contain enough cigar relevant material then please feel free to petition a mod to have it moved.

And please don't take that to be a veiled threat... it's more of an offer... if you want to find out how it pertains to cigars... just pm your addy. I'll be happy to share the meaning with you. In a good, freindly way.
[Reply]
loki 09:17 PM 09-01-2011
It's not bad. I just like to get the input of others from time to time to make sure I'm not off my rocker. And I think the responses have pretty much resonated my own thoughts. So if that is the case I can't be too far off the median opinion... right?

As it pertains to cigars, LOKI, I happen to be a cigar smoker. And the people on the board happen to be cigar smokers. I don't know if you've ever posted in any of my previous threads, or if I've posted in any of yours, but if my post has somehow annoyed you because you don't find it to contain enough cigar relevant material then please feel free to petition a mod to have it moved.

And please don't take that to be a veiled threat... it's more of an offer... if you want to find out how it pertains to cigars... just pm your addy. I'll be happy to share the meaning with you. In a good, freindly way.
no annoyance here mate. hope you got the information you were looking for. Personally I'd probably have told someone to get ****ed, but that's me.
[Reply]
Kneo 09:18 PM 09-01-2011
This past week we were asked by my company how we felt about upcoming lay offs, or as they put it displacements. I told them how I felt in as calm a voice I could muster. I told them it made no since for this company to worsen the current state of the ecomony and take jobs to another country. I pointed how a big cause of the current economic state is because companies like them made deals that should have never been made. I asked how they could take bailout funds from tax payer dollars and then put people out of work and move jobs to another country. Granted they paid back the funds. But the point was it was tax payer dollars they used, but now they are turning their backs on the people who helped them achieve record profits and revenue.

While I was saying all this, I knew nothing was going to change their mind, I also knew my job could and will probably be moved. But I got to say my piece and I felt better about it. Even if they were wrapping dog crap in a bow and saying it was a gift. In the end it is still dog crap.

All that matters is that you get to say what you want to say. And in the end if you believe in what you said and feel right about it then that is all that matters. Hopefully at least one person truly hears you and starts to think along the same lines. If not, f**k em:-)
[Reply]
ninjavanish 09:27 PM 09-01-2011
Originally Posted by loki:
no annoyance here mate. hope you got the information you were looking for. Personally I'd probably have told someone to get ****ed, but that's me.
Well, that really was my first reaction. I mean, lets say for instance you worked in a cigar store... and you decided you wanted to make a house cigar, and that you worked yourself to death trying to come up with a blend and a label and a name that people would love and buy... and then no one bought it because they had some notion that "House cigars are just seconds and knockoffs"...

Would you:

A) Tell them to **** off (my personal favorite)
B) Smoke one or shut up (second personal Fav)
c) I'm sorry sir, try an A. Fuente Sun Grown instead
D) Hide in the corner

I think we're on the same page here. I just felt like my reaction could have gone 2 ways and I was split on which way it should have gone.

As it pertains to what I do, that's better left for another post.

Best Regards,

JB
[Reply]
cmitch 09:34 PM 09-01-2011
Jeremy, sometimes, working hard is not enough to convince ignorant douche bags that your work is not only rewarding but a serious career choice. In 1995, my wife opened up a wedding business and we lived in a mobile home. You can imagine the laughter we received, even from our own family. Comments like, "are you serious? Who is going to even give you the time of day much less trust you with their wedding if you live in a 'trailer'?" lots of hard work and 16 years later, we have out lasted many of the very family businesses that criticized us and have watched competitors drop like flies. They're not laughing anymore and we are a very respected business in our area, save for the occassional asswipe, we come highly recommended by our customers as proved by posts in our facebook page.

My advice is to ignore these butt rangers, chuckle under your breath and a few years from now when you build/buy that nice house with a couple of luxury vehicles in the driveway, then they will see how serious and committed you were. Screw 'em! And good luck! I know you can achieve whatever you set your mind to.
[Reply]
Kneo 09:48 PM 09-01-2011
[quote=ninjavanish;1395836]Well, that really was my first reaction. I mean, lets say for instance you worked in a cigar store... and you decided you wanted to make a house cigar, and that you worked yourself to death trying to come up with a blend and a label and a name that people would love and buy... and then no one bought it because they had some notion that "House cigars are just seconds and knockoffs"...

Would yo

D) Hide in the corner

I think we're on the same page here. I just felt like my reaction could have
gone 2 ways and I was split on which way it should have gone.

Best Regards

JB[/QUOT

I would go wit b, people shouldn't talk smack until they have tried it.
[Reply]
Ogre 09:52 PM 09-01-2011
Jeremy, does this shop do internet sales. I have found some awesome tasting house cigars. My daughter also finds them in Cali and sends them to me. PM info if they do.
[Reply]
shilala 10:29 PM 09-01-2011
For lots of years I busted my ass doing three times the work of my peers for the same pay, because it made me happy. As I got older, it got harder to work so hard, so I got smarter and still had the same results. Then it got harder yet, so I used what I'd learned to produce the same kind of results using other guy's hands who worked for me.
I found that their was a lot of animosity when numbers time came around every week and my crews overwhelmingly outperformed the rest, so I (and they) suffered a lot of displaced idiocy from name calling to sabotage.
I never spent a second trying to defend the fact that I was doing right. I still don't, and never will. It's silly that sometimes we suffer for our positive influence on whatever we're doing, but jealousy, hatred and malice are always going to be there. If you focus on the problem it gets bigger, and if you throw wood on the fire it gets bigger. If you're right, you're right. It doesn't require a defense. Ever. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:42 PM 09-01-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
For lots of years I busted my ass doing three times the work of my peers for the same pay, because it made me happy. As I got older, it got harder to work so hard, so I got smarter and still had the same results. Then it got harder yet, so I used what I'd learned to produce the same kind of results using other guy's hands who worked for me.
I found that their was a lot of animosity when numbers time came around every week and my crews overwhelmingly outperformed the rest, so I (and they) suffered a lot of displaced idiocy from name calling to sabotage.
I never spent a second trying to defend the fact that I was doing right. I still don't, and never will. It's silly that sometimes we suffer for our positive influence on whatever we're doing, but jealousy, hatred and malice are always going to be there. If you focus on the problem it gets bigger, and if you throw wood on the fire it gets bigger. If you're right, you're right. It doesn't require a defense. Ever. :-)
Well said, Scott. :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 09:43 AM 09-02-2011
dont waste time with people you dont respect, or those that dont respect you
[Reply]
Lear31MX 11:00 AM 09-02-2011
Life's to short to have to please all the idiots
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 11:06 AM 09-02-2011
I would simply ask them in a very direct but not rude way with a slight hint of sarcasm.

" Thanks for bring this to my attention. Now, how do you purpose I go about performing my daily dutes in the most proficient/efficient manner? Your vast knowledge of our day to day operations never ceases to amaze me. Please teach me so that I too can become a stellar employee such as yourself. "

FYI, The world needs people like that (haters)... That way they only befriend others like them & not normal people like you & I... :-)
[Reply]
wayner123 11:12 AM 09-02-2011
Well, that really was my first reaction. I mean, lets say for instance you worked in a cigar store... and you decided you wanted to make a house cigar, and that you worked yourself to death trying to come up with a blend and a label and a name that people would love and buy... and then no one bought it because they had some notion that "House cigars are just seconds and knockoffs"...

Would you:

D) Hide in the corner

I think we're on the same page here. I just felt like my reaction could have gone 2 ways and I was split on which way it should have gone.

Best Regards,

JB
Is this the situation or simply a hypothetical?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:25 AM 09-02-2011
Originally Posted by Drez:
Remember opinions are like @ssholes, everybody has one.
Actually thanks to a new medical procedure that statement is no longer true, having said operation is why Mac is so damn nice!:-)

I don't fully understand the question asked in the OP so I can't really give a quality answer.
But stupid is as stupid does is what gumps momma always said.
[Reply]
jledou 11:35 AM 09-02-2011
A favorite saying from a very smart guy I work with:

"Never argue with an idiot because a bystander may not be able to tell the difference"
[Reply]
SvilleKid 11:39 AM 09-02-2011
Originally Posted by loki:
how is this cigar related
It's because his job is heavily concerned with the manufacture, distribution and promotion of the Leaf.
[Reply]
pektel 11:58 AM 09-02-2011
Originally Posted by jledou:
A favorite saying from a very smart guy I work with:

"Never argue with an idiot because a bystander may not be able to tell the difference"
I like: "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 12:07 PM 09-02-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
I like: "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
Soooooooooooo ture... :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up