Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>My Fourth of July disaster.
OLS 07:01 AM 07-11-2013
Yeah, the T.M.I moment and my general anti-fairer-sex rant was pretty over the top.
In general, one has to be ever-amazed that they even stay around us with all of our
various noises, smells and habits. I think it is more than fair to say we are as bad or worse,
but my feeling is, and I may be wrong, when it comes down to costing the couple money
that would have been easily avoided, its usually the woman that causes it.

1.) I knew that light meant there was a problem, but I thought maybe it would flash if it got really bad.

2.) Honestly, its ALL PAPER, how come I can flush this and not that?

3.) Feel free to add your own here.
[Reply]
pektel 07:46 AM 07-11-2013
110% agreed. When she and I first started living together, her car died while pulling in the driveway. And wouldn't start again. I figured no biggie, probably alt or battery. Nope. I pulled the oil dipstick. Bone dry. Not once did I think that a driver - male or female - did not regularly check their oil.

Months later, we were in some argument, and she blamed the engine failure on ME, saying "it's the MAN's job to check the oil." I told her, "Fine. It's a WOMAN's job to clean, do dishes, and laundry." She just said "OKAY!" And that was the end of it.

And I haven't washed an article of clothing since. I think I came out ahead, though sometimes I do help with cleaning and dishes.
[Reply]
dijit 07:53 AM 07-11-2013
Originally Posted by T.G:
Sounds like something from one of the Vacation movies. Hope things work out and it ends up costing less than anticipated.
Sounds like a Christmas story, complete with Bumpus' dogs. In July. Hope the damage recovery didnt hit you too bad.
[Reply]
racerX 08:53 AM 07-11-2013
It isn't the situation, it's how you handle it that matters. You showed great emotional intelligence. 4 stars for you. Start planning next years 4th (1st anniversary poop party). Well done sir, well done.
[Reply]
pektel 09:59 AM 07-11-2013
Well, just got the call. Wet wipes being flushed will cost me just a tad south of $3000.

Honestly, I was expecting half that. And hopefully, the gf will take my advice from here on out.

Ha, I had to laugh at that last sentence.
[Reply]
OLS 05:58 AM 07-12-2013
Originally Posted by pektel:
And I haven't washed an article of clothing since. I think I came out ahead, though sometimes I do help with cleaning and dishes.
Well "Mr. Its Good To Be The King", you DID just spend your 4th of July mopping up $hI+, lol.
So not SO far ahead....:-)
[Reply]
pektel 07:38 AM 07-12-2013
Touché, sir. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up