Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Ok whos done it?
68TriShield 05:36 AM 01-04-2011
Sure have and enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Knip23 06:15 AM 01-04-2011
Never had hot coco with a cigar. Really I just drink a lot I mean A LOT of jack and rootbeer or something along those lines. And devan did you know Oo Long tea is a natural fat burner? Anyways next christmas try breaking 2 cinnomon sticks into your coffee grounds and try that my wife makes it for me she calles it her Christmas Blend. (Sorry I can't spell)

Knip.
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:36 AM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by yakman:
I do mine with Glühwein in the winter.
I haven't had Glühwein in years. I physician friend of mine, from Germany, used to make it for a holiday party he used to have on Boston Common every year. His mother would send him tons of German Christmas cookies and other snacks for us.
[Reply]
jjmitchem 06:48 AM 01-04-2011
All the time here on the FOB since it has gotten cold. On our Cigar Night especially

Our coffee shop will make it with steamed milk - goes really good with a full body cigar
[Reply]
RatherUneek 07:38 AM 01-04-2011
Surprised to hear you tasted so much chocolate. I ran one of those hot chocolate cups through my keurig the other day and was disappointed with how watery and lacking in flavor it was. And I agree with others Dr. Pepper is great with a smoke.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:50 AM 01-04-2011
I'll do coffee mocha with a morning cigar, but haven't gone "full mocha" before, might have to try that.

Someone posted once about chocolate milkshake + cigar. Your option sounds better... :-)
[Reply]
htown 08:04 AM 01-04-2011
I had a peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks the other day with a RyJ Belvedere. It was pretty good.
[Reply]
sobranie10 08:29 AM 01-04-2011
Hot chocolate and a shot if baileys Irish Cream with a Cohiba Maduro very yummy! :-)
[Reply]
staminator 09:24 AM 01-04-2011
Coffee or ginger ale is what I tend to stick with.
[Reply]
guitar4001 09:44 AM 01-04-2011
i like to add sprinkles and peppermint to my cocoa.
[Reply]
justonemorestick 09:47 AM 01-04-2011
I havent tried that but I did discover that switching from scotch to dr pepper during a cigar didnt set right with me.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 11:00 AM 01-04-2011
Made some hot cocoa a few weeks ago and added a dash of vanilla. It was pretty tasty.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:49 AM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by justonemorestick:
I havent tried that but I did discover that switching from scotch to dr pepper during a cigar didnt set right with me.
Pepper on liquor, never sicker. Or something like that :-)
[Reply]
srduggins 12:20 PM 01-04-2011
Sounds interesting. Just bought the wife a Keurig for Christmas and we have some of the dark chocolate hot cocoa Kcups, so I'll be trying that soon. Had a cup of Timothy's decaf Columbian with a RASS yesterday and enjoyed that, and I don't usually drink coffee.
[Reply]
jjmitchem 05:23 AM 01-05-2011
on the Keurig - make sure you use the smallest cup setting or it does get too watery
[Reply]
jsd 09:37 AM 01-05-2011
RC is my regular cigar beverage. Weinhard's Root Beer or Cream Soda are good as well. I might have to try hot cocoa sometime this winter.
[Reply]
srduggins 01:34 PM 01-05-2011
Tried it last night (I used the medium cup setting) with a T-Rex. It was OK, but I thought drinking the hot chocolate masked the cocoa flavors in the cigar and replaced it with a sweet cocoa flavor overlaying all the flavors in the cigar, rather than just being an identifiable component. I think I'll stick with green tea.
[Reply]
fhrblig 01:39 PM 01-05-2011
Never tried it with cocoa, but that sounds like it'd be good. I nearly always have coffee with my gars and absolutely love it.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Volusianator 01:51 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Ranger_B:
Hot Cocoa with their cigar?
I have several times and enjoyed it each and every one, yet, I still prefer Coke Zero or water with my cigars.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 01:51 PM 01-05-2011
Why do you think that jabs would fly at you for drinking Hot Cocoa with your cigar? Been their done that. In fact, love to do it, but there is a knack for matching the best cigars to the hot cocoa.

So, all you taste is chocolate? Hmmm, sounds like only a minor problem.
Cure 1 - Take a sip of water to cleans palate after the hot cocoa, then cigar.
Cure 2 - What's the matter, you don't like chocolate? Just enjoy it. (OK, that was a smart aleck answer)
Cure 3 - Get some other flavors of hot cocoa (white chocolate, caramel flavored, etc...) Here's a link to some different flavors that mix with H2O. These are high quality mixes. http://www.coffeeforless.com/sub_category.asp?id=347
Cure 4 - try teas.

You know what, my favorite is a white chocolate hot cocoa and now I have a craving for that and a AF Anejo, yuuuummmmmmm. http://store.mrswagesstore.com/b247-aa375.html

Enjoy brother.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up