Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 34 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Sam Leccia Cigar Company
MarkinAZ 01:27 PM 05-24-2011
:-)...What, no 70rg?

Originally Posted by massphatness:
Anybody else think he looks like Kid Rock?

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy
Nahhhhh:-)
[Reply]
Bill86 01:34 PM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
His own press release states that the cigar world regards him as a rock star?? I invented a way to wipe
my a$$ 3 times with the same square of TP and you don't see ME making a press release.
That would be more interesting.

Originally Posted by jesseboston81:
Agreed. 7x60?! Maybe he got a good deal on filler and he's trying to keep his startup costs low. Based on those sizes alone this is near the very bottom of my "to try" list.
I think he took the nub thing and made them full size cigars. Yes this is right above shooting myself in the foot for $hits and giggles.

Originally Posted by loki:
my jaw hurts just reading about that size.
Agreed, I've never had a 6x60 I could finish. They lack flavor to me.

Originally Posted by tx_tuff:
I for one am glad he is back!!! People can knock him, his cigars, his style all they want but when you get to know the guy on a personal level its different. I love the guy and wish him great success!
I think everyone is just knocking the cigars. I'm sure he is a great person but his cigars don't market to US kinda people. More or less the less informed masses or people that buy into marketing gimmicks.

I'm sure he is a cool guy though.

Originally Posted by OLS:
That makes one. Anyone else. :-)

Seriously, I don't care if he's in or out, he makes cigars I don't smoke, so he doesn't compete for
my dollar. Plus this is how people make money in the idea business. God bless him. But the NUB?

Additionally, when you get to know someone on a personal level, it's only 'different' if you think
positively about what they accomplished. If I met him and got to know him on a personal level,
it would NOT be different. Least I don't think so.
I agree, gimmick cigars make $$$$ I won't bother listing them. You already know.

Probably you would just say he's a pretty cool guy. Then move onto the fact that you don't like anything he's done. Or you might find out the opposite but still it wouldn't change much.
[Reply]
ahc4353 01:55 PM 05-24-2011
I wonder where the "sweet spot" is on those bad boys? :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 01:58 PM 05-24-2011
I'm going to let the cigars be the judge. I wish him the best of luck in this endeavor and will wait until the actual product comes out before I bash the guy.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 04:18 PM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I'm going to let the cigars be the judge. I wish him the best of luck in this endeavor and will wait until the actual product comes out before I bash the guy.
Great way of thinking!
[Reply]
warpedcigars 04:28 PM 05-24-2011
More jawbreaker cigars, o goodie....
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:36 PM 05-24-2011
Good Luck Sam!

Here's an idea... come out with a Sam Series:
Sam I am (Candela)
Sam's Club (like the Sopranos bat)
Son of Sam (like the Monster Series)
Uncle Sam (Patriotic)
Play It Again Sam (a revision of the NUB)

If it's successful, I want a cut!:-)
[Reply]
Sam Leccia 05:33 PM 05-24-2011
Gang,

Thanks for the well wishes, and the ****-talking. I truly enjoy reading them both. You guys always keep me grounded, and whether you like me, my cigars, both or neither, I am proud to be part of our cigar world.

I take all of the praise and criticism both to heart and in stride. I am not a business mogul trying to just make a buck. I love what I do and love taking risks, bringing change and trying new things.

I appreciate everyone of you guys, as we all share one thing in common, we love a good smoke, and for that reason alone I'd enjoy having a smoke with any of you, even if I go home with less teeth.

Be Well.

Sam Leccia
[Reply]
Brooks W 06:06 PM 05-24-2011
Sam is a great guy, no doubt...nothing but class when I photographed him last year, extremely personable, and can roll the hell out of a cigar....

The Press release, while a bit over the top, is all marketing, and nothing else...

The cigars will speak for themselves...if the blend is great, we will soon find out :-)

Sam, when do you expect these to be out, roughly?

~brooks
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 06:18 PM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by Brooks W:
Sam is a great guy, no doubt...nothing but class when I photographed him last year, extremely personable, and can roll the hell out of a cigar....

The Press release, while a bit over the top, is all marketing, and nothing else...

The cigars will speak for themselves...if the blend is great, we will soon find out :-)

Sam, when do you expect these to be out, roughly?

~brooks
Well said. The little time I got to spend with Sam was a blast. We have some friends in common, but had never met, and when we did, we sat and talked for a good long time. I was happy to meet him. Though the Nubs aren't my thing, and the Cain is a bit much for me, I do wish him the best, and hope to herf with him again soon.
[Reply]
Louistogies 06:28 PM 05-24-2011
Looking forward to seeing what these are like. Sam hopefully you can try making more smaller rings in the future!:-)
[Reply]
CoreyD 06:38 PM 05-24-2011
I'll be honest, I never pay attention to advertising something comes out I try it, The cigar,filler,wrapper,binder speaks for itself. So all fine and dandy like a woman told me once , size don't matter its how it works. So I'm interested in seeing how this tastes and smokes and can't wait to try one, who knows it may be a go to stick. People always don't like the way I look,talk or smell but they still call me.
[Reply]
CoreyD 07:03 PM 05-24-2011
I will be honest though wth is Sam Leccia and what cigars has he produced before, I'll go on a whim here and say since it says debut its his first line, but like I said before my dream is coming out with my own line and sticks and I would enjoy it if my friends/ forum buddies gave me support , not bust my balls hehe. Especially if its my first line. My first line may be a private line so I don't get hung . But I to may look for a signature size. the 6 1/2 x 52 he has as smaller stick is a little longer that what some people call robusto or super robusto.
This ends my part of the freedom of opinion I mean speech,that everyone else gets to share as well.
Ok that being said I googled him and saw he was with Oliva on the Cain and Nub project, that being said the baccy may be different because he's on his own and had to go that route but I am even now more curious to try because I have enjoyed blends I have had his hands were on. A quote:NUb cigars were created by Leccia and Oliva Cigar and launched in 2008, end quote so that being said we all klnow how working for a company goes, now we all know some creators that have done well on their own without the corporate fine tooth and could create with their own finesse., but we have known some fall.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:06 PM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by CoreyD:
I will be honest though wth is Sam Leccia and what cigars has he produced before, I'll go on a whim here and say since it says debut its his first line, but like I said before my dream is coming out with my own line and sticks and I would enjoy it if my friends/ forum buddies gave me support , not bust my balls hehe. Especially if its my first line. My first line may be a private line so I don't get hung . But I to may look for a signature size. the 6 1/2 x 52 he has as smaller stick is a little longer that what some people call robusto or super robusto.
This ends my part of the freedom of opinion I mean speech,that everyone else gets to share as well.
Sam Leccia was the man behind the NUB and Cain lines.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:08 PM 05-24-2011
Interesting...
[Reply]
DaBear 07:31 PM 05-24-2011
At $5.50 a stick, the Nub Cameroon was a solid cigar. Not as big a fan of the others, but I can see where others would enjoy them more. The Cains on the other hand :-) . Love those bad boys. The F takes the cake but the maduro and Daytona are great sticks as well. I'm intrigued with the figurado the most as I do enjoy my figurados, but I'd like to see the sticks in a size closer to a toro. Best of luck Sam. I'll be picking up a few on release assuming I can find them near me
[Reply]
kuzi16 09:21 PM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by jesseboston81:
Agreed. 7x60?! Maybe he got a good deal on filler and he's trying to keep his startup costs low. Based on those sizes alone this is near the very bottom of my "to try" list.
have you seen the new "My Uzi weighs a ton" put out by Johnathan Drew and JdN? thats the size on that guy.
[Reply]
T.G 10:20 PM 05-24-2011
Hell, I'll try them, the blend sounds more interesting than some others out there, and I'm curious to see what Sam came up with given the freedom to make all the decisions and not have to answer to Oliva.

Worst that happens is that I'm out a few bucks for some cigars I didn't enjoy.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 04:02 AM 05-25-2011
I'm not a large RG guy myself either, but I can promise you that this is not something new or just with this cigar line!

Went to a online cigar store just now and only looking up the companys starting with A there where 16 different cigars with a 60 RG! And I didn't count all the 58 RG cigars I saw.
[Reply]
OLS 12:00 PM 05-25-2011
Aw, I was just messin with you Frank, cause you were defending Kid Rock too much, lol.
Truth is I have not been inside a Brick and Mortar cigar store in 5 years and have not
BOUGHT out of one in MUCH, MUCH longer. But I have heard the news in forums, I DO
know how "popular" the big RG smokes are. I just don't get it, unless it is purely a factor
of the SIZE being an indication of how cool they are. That must be why I tend towards
the PCs and panatelas. And if I heard someone bashing the Padron's, I would defend
them the way you do Leccia. I just like em.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 34 > Last »
Up