Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>What do you mean by affordable - by the box?
captain53 01:34 PM 01-04-2010
I too have found this to be a very interesting thread, hope folks will keep it going a while. :-)
[Reply]
SmokinApe 01:39 PM 01-04-2010
I try to target 150$ for a box of 25...
[Reply]
paris1129 01:40 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:
I don't smoke every day, so for me my budget can go a bit higher. I usually go for sticks in the 8-10 dollar range and smoke 3-5 per week.
:-) I smoke about every other day, on average, and I try to keep things under $10.00.
[Reply]
darkninja67 01:47 PM 01-04-2010
I look for $100 a box for everyday smokes then get the really good stuff for special occasions.
[Reply]
paris1129 01:49 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Actual price is not as relevant to me as value. I try to keep things under $200 a box and for the most part I am closer to $150. But I no longer buy NC's so does this mean I can double my price range and budget??? :-) I've already exceeded by 2010 budget, but that was not the question! :-)
You've already exceeded your 2010 budget, and its only Jan 4? Wow. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 01:54 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by paris1129:
You've already exceeded your 2010 budget, and its only Jan 4? Wow. :-)
Yeah, back in November! :-)
[Reply]
CasaDooley 02:00 PM 01-04-2010
Actual price is not as relevant to me as value. I try to keep things under $200 a box and for the most part I am closer to $150. But I no longer buy NC's so does this mean I can double my price range and budget??? :-) budget I've already exceeded by 2010 , but that was not the question! :-)
Budget my azz! ya can't fool me. It's only mere mortals like myself that try to stick to a budget!:-)
Budget...We don't need no stinkin budget!:-)
[Reply]
groogs 02:25 PM 01-04-2010
I have to say that I have never thought about what is "Affordable". I always have a few boxes in mind and I search for the best deal. I don't start out saying I want a box of 25 for $135, now what can I get? I say I want a box of Party Shorts, who has the best price? I have boxes of cigars that are way more than I could normally afford, but I wanted them so I saved and bought them. I am in no way suggesting that money is not an issue, because money is always an issue, but I don't have a set price per stick that I look for. I guess anything is affordable if I want it bad enough. Does that make any sense?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:26 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by groogs:
I have to say that I have never thought about what is "Affordable". I always have a few boxes in mind and I search for the best deal. I don't start out saying I want a box of 25 for $135, now what can I get? I say I want a box of Party Shorts, who has the best price? I have boxes of cigars that are way more than I could normally afford, but I wanted them so I saved and bought them. I am in no way suggesting that money is not an issue, because money is always an issue, but I don't have a set price per stick that I look for. I guess anything is affordable if I want it bad enough. Does that make any sense?
:-) It does to me as I am the same way.
[Reply]
Powers 02:36 PM 01-04-2010
affordable for me is that great deal on oliva v lanceros u beat me too :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 03:05 PM 01-04-2010
Actual price is not as relevant to me as value. I try to keep things under $200 a box and for the most part I am closer to $150. But I no longer buy NC's so does this mean I can double my price range and budget??? :-) I've already exceeded by 2010 budget, but that was not the question! :-)
Did you pay your electic bill yet???:-)
[Reply]
McSmokey 03:15 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Affordable:
What I can get away with paying off without the wife knowing or screaming at me about it.
Affordable.:-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
Freelee711 03:35 PM 01-04-2010
I'm on a college budget and affordable for me means about 2 or 3 bucks a stick.
[Reply]
neoflex 03:45 PM 01-04-2010
I'm with Grrogs and NCRadioMan on this one. I usually know what I want to buy but try and find them at the most affordable price possible. What that price is, is all dependent on what the box I want at the time. If it's not financially feasible for me at the time I will just wait on the purchase until it is unless something else comes up that I maybe interested in before than.
[Reply]
Vigiles 04:17 PM 01-04-2010
Well i haven't bought my first box of cigars yet, but the cheaper the better! I'm still trying too many things to decide on a box yet, although I'm leaning towards the Ashton Benchmade, I really like them and the price is very good.

As for singles, when I go to the B&M I'll usually pickup 2 or 3 sticks and smoke 1 or 2 of them there, and I'll spend anywhere from 15 to 20 dollars.
[Reply]
acruce 04:28 PM 01-04-2010
I just put back about 15 Bucks a week and buy a box every month or so of what I like
[Reply]
WyoBob 04:34 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by Skywalker:

This year I hope I do better! I have my daughter's wedding to pay for, and who knows where this economy is going to take us!
My two daughter's were married 6 and 7 years ago. I still don't know what it cost me and that's the way I like it. I offered them both $5,000 to get married by a judge. That brought some laughs! They both said, "but this is the most important day of my life". I said, "nope, not even close. It's the day, the week, the year and the years after that are the most important". Guess what? They both agree with me now and wish they would have taken the money!

Oh, and on topic, for quite some time, I was able to keep my average cost around $2.00 by using CBID and e-mail deals. I'm around $2.50 to $2.75 each now and it's going up as I intend to go to a "higher plain". My old standby's just aren't doing it for me anymore and I've got to find some new favorties.

WyoBob
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:43 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
affordable for me is that great deal on oliva v lanceros u beat me too :-)

Yeah, I know what you mean. That was a sweet deal. I felt like a pig in a mud pit on that one.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:48 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by groogs:
Good point! I have done this. And probably will in the future. I know what I like and what I think is a good price, and I watch for them. Then, there are some cigars that I know will never fall into my "desirable" range, and so I simply watch for deals on them, hoping they'll come near to what I'd like to pay for them.

And yes, sometimes I just put money aside and wait for it to accumulate and splurge on something I shouldn't have bought - just because I wanted them.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:53 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Affordable:
What I can get away with paying off without the wife knowing or screaming at me about it.
Affordable.:-)

Usually a box of 25 less than $100 is what I can get away with.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up