Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Entertainment>Trekkies!!
Whee 09:11 PM 11-17-2008
trailer is out in theaters now. If you're too cheap to go to the movies, here's a link.

http://www.startrekmovie.com/
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:28 AM 11-18-2008
The new trailer looks great!!!
[Reply]
Darrell 10:35 AM 11-18-2008
I just watched the trailer, I must say it looks good.

However, I thought Kirk's middle name was Tiberius, I thought in the trailer he said Siberius? Did I just hear wrong?????

I am pretty sure he said Siberius. :-)
[Reply]
kwoody 10:39 AM 11-18-2008
For those that have not seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n8qHdG1GLI
[Reply]
Whee 10:41 AM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I just watched the trailer, I must say it looks good.

However, I thought Kirk's middle name was Tiberius, I thought in the trailer he said Siberius? Did I just hear wrong?????

I am pretty sure he said Siberius. :-)
It is Tiberius, and you are right, he does say Siberius. WTF?
[Reply]
DBall 11:19 AM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
I thought it said Tiberious... the 's' from James kinda blended into it, though... like he was slurring a bit.

I hope this movie doesn't suck... I'm a huge Trek Fan.
[Reply]
Darrell 08:45 PM 11-18-2008
The more I think about this, the more excited I get about it. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:56 AM 11-19-2008
This movie is gonna rock! Bruce Greenwood is playing Christopher Pike (the captain before Kirk) and Karl Urban (total bad a$$ from Chronicles of Riddick, Bourne Supremacy, and Lord of the Ring) is playing McCoy!!!

Oh Yeah!!!
[Reply]
Starscream 10:49 AM 11-19-2008
New preview looks f-ing awesome! :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 01:33 PM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by kwoody:
For those that have not seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n8qHdG1GLI

Ok... I am officially geeked out! :-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 01:53 PM 11-19-2008
Simon Pegg as scottie FTW
[Reply]
Darrell 01:56 PM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by DBall:
I thought it said Tiberious... the 's' from James kinda blended into it, though... like he was slurring a bit.

I hope this movie doesn't suck... I'm a huge Trek Fan.
I have listened to it several times, I'm 100% he says Siberius.
[Reply]
Whee 02:21 PM 11-19-2008

Put some head phones on and listened to the youtube link above. and I hate to say it, Mean D, dball is right....he does say Tiberius. The end of James kinda slides into it.

OMG, did I just spend time to go back and listen to a trailer to find out if Kirk's name is correct???:-)

Nerd...nerd...nerd....:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 03:00 PM 11-19-2008
Actually you are onto something! This may be part of the plot! The young James T. Kirk is accidently split into two personalities when he uses his first homemade transporter! Two boys emerge - Young James T. and his evil alter ego James Siberius!!!

Narrator: "All his life he has stuggled to fit in... to belong!!!"

Robotic Motorcycle Cop: "What is your name?"

Young S. Kirk: "James Siberius Kirk!"

Wow Darrell you've done it!!! You cracked this thing wide open!!!:-):-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 03:04 PM 11-19-2008
C'mon... they are playing up the fact that he was a kid. How many kids have you heard with a little lisp? :-)

It is why I refused to let my wife name our son Seth... as a childhood stutterer myself, I was afraid he might have a little speech impediment and be "Theth" for the rest of his life. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 03:25 PM 11-19-2008
:-) Well, 99.9%
[Reply]
zmancbr 03:36 PM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
C'mon... they are playing up the fact that he was a kid. How many kids have you heard with a little lisp? :-)

It is why I refused to let my wife name our son Seth... as a childhood stutterer myself, I was afraid he might have a little speech impediment and be "Theth" for the rest of his life. :-)
:-)

It does sound like maybe he slurred it together... if they screwed something up that bad I would fear for the movie...

Of course I just finally watched the trailer and it looks good!!! can't wait!:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 03:38 PM 11-19-2008
Put some head phones on and listened to the youtube link above. and I hate to say it, Mean D, dball is right....he does say Tiberius. The end of James kinda slides into it.
I still hear Siberius.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 03:42 PM 11-19-2008
I still hear Siberius.
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:

That's all it is, bro! You don't think for a minute they are changing his middle name, do you? :-)

Maybe just a little blooper...
[Reply]
the3cs 03:43 PM 11-19-2008
The trailer at the Bond flick sounded like he said "Tiberius". But then again with all the chatty people there I may have misheard.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up