Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>How to Pick Cologne/ Cologne Recos
mosesbotbol 12:45 PM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by themoneycollector:
...I prefer sweet and fresh scents for summer, and woodsy and strong scents for winter. You could budget accordingly.

...above this you have some esoteric stuff like Creed, Hermes, Tom Ford, and the price can get pretty incredible
Just noticed your post... Creed makes some nice stuff, very traditional scents. My girlfriend wear Hermes a lot. Aqua Di Parma & Montale are another two I'd recommend on the high end.
[Reply]
maninblack 12:50 PM 10-10-2013
Brut for summer, Brut for winter, Brut all the damn time. Your cologne problems have been solved.
[Reply]
Blueface 01:03 PM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I don't think you should let your better half decide, you are the one wearing it. Do they put clothes out for you every morning too? Cut your food up into small pieces?
:-)
If you want to last 37 years together, Yes and Yes to the two questions, specially if you want sex after that long.:-)

My wife doesn't put out my clothing but I do think she has awesome taste and does in fact dress me for the most part as she buys a lot of my clothing or helps me when I'm buying it.

As cologne goes, yeah, if she likes it, she wants to smell me, in turn feel me and yadda yadda.

Not a bad way to go.:-)
[Reply]
hotreds 01:52 PM 10-10-2013
Impossible to answer your question as it is "what cigar should I pick?" You need to try stuff out- go to www.theperfumedcourt.com and buy some decants.
[Reply]
milhouse 02:29 PM 10-10-2013
i would check out Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford for a special occasion treat.

i use john vervatos black bottle with the black leather strap and obsession as my daily colognes. obsession is still my favorite years later.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 02:36 PM 10-10-2013
Lot of info here

http://www.basenotes.net/f/

A good source of samples.

http://www.luckyscent.com/
[Reply]
pektel 03:14 PM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
:-)
If you want to last 37 years together, Yes and Yes to the two questions, specially if you want sex after that long.:-)

My wife doesn't put out my clothing but I do think she has awesome taste and does in fact dress me for the most part as she buys a lot of my clothing or helps me when I'm buying it.

As cologne goes, yeah, if she likes it, she wants to smell me, in turn feel me and yadda yadda.
Hell, it's worked good for me to last the 10 years my significant other and I have been together.

Same thing for me, she doesn't set out the clothes for me, but she buys darn near EVERYTHING I wear. At least, anything not designated as "work clothes" or "garage clothes." That's mostly the clothes I had before we met :-)

She buys my shoes, jeans, dress pants, shirts, jackets, etc.

I pretty much buy underwear and socks.
[Reply]
bigswol2 07:56 PM 10-10-2013
Old spice and Chanel bleu!
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:14 PM 10-10-2013
I use Escape by Calvin Klein and sometimes, very rare I will get Eternity by him as well.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 09:46 PM 10-10-2013
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 04:07 PM 10-11-2013
I agree with some of the guys here...take a woman with you. I went with my friend Ken and we were in the store for like a hour. We smelled, sprayed, waved it around, smelled it again, walked away and finally purchased Kenneth Cole Black for him.

The one thing I look for in a cologne is if it smells like alcohol when you first spray it. Most of the time they don't small good when you wear them.

One of my favorites is Polo Blue.

I love the smell of a good cologne makes me a little moist. :-)
[Reply]
TNT009 06:07 PM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by Genetic Defect:
Just whiffed that in the Men's Health mag....
That is next on the list, a winner?
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 06:20 PM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by TNT009:
Just whiffed that in the Men's Health mag....
That is next on the list, a winner?
I think it is, When you get a chance check it out at Sephora:-) I really notice the tonka beans, with a little of the tobacco. over all a sweet spicy scent.
[Reply]
TNT009 06:38 PM 10-11-2013
Got it mixed up, I meant !!! I love the spice! This is also good!
Attached: image.jpg (47.2 KB) 
[Reply]
the jiggler 10:51 PM 10-11-2013
Forget the cologne. Grow a beard. Score!
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 02:52 AM 10-12-2013
Issey Miyake, for me. Not over powering, women love it.
[Reply]
Subvet642 04:43 AM 10-12-2013
For me it's Montblanc Presence or Hanae Mori Por Homme.
[Reply]
Robulous78 07:34 AM 10-12-2013
Wow... Ya take a day off and a so does a thread... :-)

Yes, in a perfect world, I'd already have a girlfriend or female friends I could pose the question to, however currently all I seem to be able to gather are disinterested co-workers... As I am trying to improve on that situation I thought I'd seek the forums advice :-)

I had been a long time stetson county wearer, but I have never had any remarks about it... as you all say its what the women want, I take this lack of remarks negatively and decided to try and up my game...

Some good names / recos being dropped so far, I'll have to smell my way around those and get back to you guys... :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 07:57 AM 10-12-2013
Rob, based on what you most recently posted, trust me on this one.

Put on your Sunday best, head on down to a store like Macy's, go to the cologne department, stop any and EVERY woman that even remotely appears single and ask them which cologne they prefer.

Outcomes:
1) you will have plenty of women's opinions.
2) you may have one follow you home to further smell you.

Problems Solved:
1) cologne purchased
2) no longer alone

Hurry up, Sunday is tomorrow.:-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:41 AM 10-12-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Man, glad someone got it.:-)

And now, for the classic itself.
Clicky Sex Panther
It's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up