Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Toolbox ****. Lets see 'em
markem 12:48 PM 08-21-2012
I pay a guy to not only have really big toolboxes, but to know how to use the tools within and to guarantee his results.

But that's just me. :-)
[Reply]
Devanmc 12:53 PM 08-21-2012
By my current jobs stand point my time is worth $11/hr as an intern. We could get frisky and assume I am worth 20/hr at a real job. A shop charges $75/hr minimum. I can do most everything, thus I am cheaper then a shop, even if I charge myself for the work.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 01:03 PM 08-21-2012
If I need to take time off work and it costs me $1000 but I can save $2500 off hiring someone the choice is obvious (buy more tools :-)). I don't think I will ever have enough money to afford paying someone to work on my vehicles. The problem is that I'm pretty good at it myself.
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:18 PM 08-21-2012
It's not just the raw cost; you have to factor in "Opportunity Cost" -- that is what else would you be doing if you were not fixing/reparing etc. For some the fixing/repairing is a hobby and I get that. For me, with few exceptions it is not.

I used to work on my car when I had my MINI. However, I let Toyota or a local mechanic work on my Highlander as I have better things to do...
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 08:28 PM 08-21-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
This is the new one and one of the old ones. That's back when it was still cold and I was building the shop. It's got happy stickers on the drawers and everything, now. :-)

Totally jealous. I aspire to have a toolbox like that one day.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 08:53 PM 08-24-2012
****.... I like this!!!
I'll have to snap a couple pics of mine next time I head to the shop.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 09:48 PM 08-24-2012
El Cheapo one I've had for decades. Top box is a smaller slide-drawer I had first, just opened top of cabinet, and set the smaller one inside top. My shop isn't near as clean and clear as the others I see here! When weather cools some, I'll spend a couple of days on clean-up as I usually do that time of year!

[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:15 PM 08-24-2012
I dare not show the rest of my shop/garage. I think this thread is going to get me to add to my tool storage, a la Scott.
[Reply]
shilala 07:10 AM 08-25-2012
I've wanted a toolbox like that for 20-some-odd years, guys. Man, does it make it nice to get jobs done. I could not possibly be more pleased.
I wanted a Kobalt stainless steel deal, but our Lowe's around here really has a lousy assortment. I didn't want to have them drag something in and not buy it, so I went with the Craftsman that was all set up and I could see.
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 09:44 PM 06-17-2013
Bump
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up