Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Sports>Bonds looks to be off the Hook, Fed Case on Deathbed
Buena Fortuna 09:34 PM 06-26-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
LF not OF. On the list of top OF of all time I am not sure Bonds cracks the top 10. :-)
Keep moving him down...down...down... to the bottom of the toilet
[Reply]
blugill 08:30 AM 06-27-2010
Bonds will never make the HoF, case or no case he'll be with Pete Rose on the outside looking in.
[Reply]
Starscream 03:30 PM 06-27-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Andy, could be wrong but I think Tom is messing wit u. "Bobby" not Barry Bonds, :-)
I know, Vic. Bobby was a coach for a long time too.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 03:34 PM 06-27-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Steriods or not...greatest left fielder to play the game. :-)
Defensively, there is no way. He fields about as well as Adam Dunn or Soriano.:-)

As far as best defensive OF go, I'd put Griffey in the top five (a man who has never yet been linked to steroids).
[Reply]
Starscream 03:39 PM 06-27-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Take out all the tainted years and replace them with declining stats which is what he would have had. He also likely would have played a few less years given injury issues.
I could be wrong here, but I thought that it has been shown that those who take steroids are more prone to injury than those who don't.

I agree with the rest of your post about his stats would have probably gone into a decline.
[Reply]
Resipsa 03:51 PM 06-27-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I know, Vic. Bobby was a coach for a long time too.:-)
oops. my bad:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:20 PM 06-27-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
oops. my bad:-)
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Ahbroody 04:31 PM 06-27-2010
I could be wrong here, but I thought that it has been shown that those who take steroids are more prone to injury than those who don't.

I agree with the rest of your post about his stats would have probably gone into a decline.
In my last post I stated Bonds likely used HGH due to his increase in bone structure which is a documented side effect of its use. Steroids can cause Injury to tendons and ligaments because the muscles increase to a size which your natural tendons and ligaments have issues supporting. Why some would say you see the increase in tendon injuries in the pros. What is often done and I believe was done with Bonds is that he took a combination of both Steroids to increase muscle mass and aid in muscle repair, then HGH which would help prevent tendon and ligament damage and repair damage that occurred..

This would also work with the concept of the clear(HGH undetecable) and the Cream (steroid mix).

I would like to say I am not a roid user, but when I used to lift a lot before I had a few buddies who used gear. They loved to talk about this stuff when we were lifting.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:52 PM 06-27-2010
Like Mike stated above, 'roids can actually help speed healing of some injuries. The chemistry Mike defined actually makes the case for Bonds to be less hampered by injuries than he would have been without the "enhancers".
[Reply]
Starscream 04:52 PM 06-27-2010
In my last post I stated Bonds likely used HGH due to his increase in bone structure which is a documented side effect of its use. Steroids can cause Injury to tendons and ligaments because the muscles increase to a size which your natural tendons and ligaments have issues supporting. Why some would say you see the increase in tendon injuries in the pros. What is often done and I believe was done with Bonds is that he took a combination of both Steroids to increase muscle mass and aid in muscle repair, then HGH which would help prevent tendon and ligament damage and repair damage that occurred..

This would also work with the concept of the clear(HGH undetecable) and the Cream (steroid mix).

I would like to say I am not a roid user, but when I used to lift a lot before I had a few buddies who used gear. They loved to talk about this stuff when we were lifting.
:-) Sounds feasible to me.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:54 PM 06-27-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Like Mike stated above, 'roids can actually help speed healing of some injuries. The chemistry Mike defined actually makes the case for Bonds to be less hampered by injuries than he would have been without the "enhancers".
I know they can heal, but I also heard they hurt muscles and tendons. His explanation above makes sense to me, though.:-)

Volquez was busted earlier this year and put on a 50 game suspension while he was rehabbing. He was using to heal up quicker (we assume anyways, not his official story).
[Reply]
The Poet 02:55 PM 06-28-2010
First off I do find humor that a met fan called into question 3 yankees. 2 of the greatest players and yankees to ever play. I am not. Yankee fan, I am a giant fan.
I am a Yankee fan, and I have no problem with Mac bashing any Yankee, past or present, he chooses. Hell, I bash Mets all the time, and he has no problem with that. :-)

But as for the whole steroid issue, I would like to point out that both Andy and A-Rod at least stood up like men, admitted their mistakes, and ask for forgiveness. When you compare this to that @$$hole Bonds, who demands an apology instead, you may better understand why they catch a lot less flak than he does.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:17 PM 06-28-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I am a Yankee fan, and I have no problem with Mac bashing any Yankee, past or present, he chooses. Hell, I bash Mets all the time, and he has no problem with that. :-)

But as for the whole steroid issue, I would like to point out that both Andy and A-Rod at least stood up like men, admitted their mistakes, and ask for forgiveness. When you compare this to that @$$hole Bonds, who demands an apology instead, you may better understand why they catch a lot less flak than he does.
I do agree that Pettitte handled it like a man...the jury is still out on A-Rod. But they both had positive tests come back, where as Bonds has not yet been tested positive. And we all know that Bonds was no doll when it came to the media.
[Reply]
Starscream 03:36 PM 06-28-2010
But as for the whole steroid issue, I would like to point out that both Andy and A-Rod at least stood up like men, admitted their mistakes, and ask for forgiveness.
:-)
A-Rod stood up like a man? He only came out b/c he got busted on it. Yes, he did it better than McGwire did, but still that's not being a man. Come clean before you get caught. I'm not a Yankee fan, and no disrespect to the team, but A-Rod is a complete douchebag too. There are plenty of good Yankee players, such as Jeter, Posada, Texiera, and Cano, so don't think I'm just bashing A-Rod b/c he's a Yank. He was a douchebag down in Texas too.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:12 PM 06-28-2010
:-)
A-Rod stood up like a man? He only came out b/c he got busted on it. Yes, he did it better than McGwire did, but still that's not being a man. Come clean before you get caught. I'm not a Yankee fan, and no disrespect to the team, but A-Rod is a complete douchebag too. There are plenty of good Yankee players, such as Jeter, Posada, Texiera, and Cano, so don't think I'm just bashing A-Rod b/c he's a Yank. He was a douchebag down in Texas too.
I won't argue with you that A-Rod has often been a douchebag in the past, and can be one in the present, and will likely be one in the future. But I think it is unjust for you to condemn him for being one because he did not volunteer the information that he used steroids instead of waiting until "he got busted on it". I could be wrong . . . it has happened before . . . but I can't recall one single player (active, anyway) who came out of that particular closet on his own accord. And I'm NOT just talking baseball here either.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:19 PM 06-28-2010
I won't argue with you that A-Rod has often been a douchebag in the past, and can be one in the present, and will likely be one in the future. But I think it is unjust for you to condemn him for being one because he did not volunteer the information that he used steroids instead of waiting until "he got busted on it". I could be wrong . . . it has happened before . . . but I can't recall one single player (active, anyway) who came out of that particular closet on his own accord. And I'm NOT just talking baseball here either.
Wasn't active, but Canseco did it.:-)

You're right, I may be biased against him, but I still think he's a douche.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:43 PM 06-28-2010
Wasn't active, but Canseco did it.:-)

You're right, I may be biased against him, but I still think he's a douche.
As for Canseco, that was sort of like Clay Aiken coming out. :-)

And as for A-Rod, I've thought so too, starting 'way back when he bashed his best buddy Jeter in SI when he was still in Seattle.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 05:11 PM 06-28-2010
I said I found humor in it. I did not say I had an problem with it. I am not a fan of the yankees. So with that said I am confused as to why you quoted me other than to use my comment as a springboard for your statement. I am not a fan of either NY team and was making a observation that in an discussion about Bonds a Met fan tied in some baseball legends who were yankees and called their carrer into question. It was funny it was players from the yankees and not any other team. I think if he had issue with my comment he could or should have made it known. Again to me its FUNNY! I have no issue with it. It's just funny.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:37 PM 06-28-2010
I said I found humor in it. I did not say I had an problem with it. I am not a fan of the yankees. So with that said I am confused as to why you quoted me other than to use my comment as a springboard for your statement. I am not a fan of either NY team and was making a observation that in an discussion about Bonds a Met fan tied in some baseball legends who were yankees and called their carrer into question. It was funny it was players from the yankees and not any other team. I think if he had issue with my comment he could or should have made it known. Again to me its FUNNY! I have no issue with it. It's just funny.
It's not funny one bit! That is totally unacceptable! WTF were you thinking???

J/K.:-):-) I thought it was a bit humorous myself.:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:32 PM 06-28-2010
Being a Mets fan...I tip my hat to Derek Jeter and Jorge Posado (and that is VERY tough)...they are class acts, first class all the way. Now A-Douche...no chance!!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up