Yes. I am a NC cigar snob. 6 4.44%
Yes. But, I smoke top shelf from any country. Only the best! 16 11.85%
No. I am not a cigar snob. I smoke ANYTHING. 28 20.74%
Sometimes I am a cigar snob. Brands matter but taste rules all. 63 46.67%
Sometimes I am a cigar snob. When I can afford to be. 12 8.89%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Are you a cigar 'snob'? (poll)
Bill86 05:49 PM 03-05-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
:-)

Glass Top Cohibo Banana leaf fillers for everyone!!!
:-) :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 05:51 PM 03-05-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I'm tired of pretending I'm not special.
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh, you are special, my boy.....Very Special.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:08 PM 03-05-2011
HEY!

I'm a Starfish!

[Reply]
icehog3 06:12 PM 03-05-2011
OK, honestly? I prefer Cuban tobacco, but I try to keep an open mind (and palate). Actually, 3 of the last 5 cigars I smoked this week were NCs. But I smoke Cuban 95+ percent of the time. If that makes me a snob in someone else's eyes, I could care less. I smoke what I like, and like what I smoke. You should do the same.

Couldn't find an option to express that.
[Reply]
Bill86 06:16 PM 03-05-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
OK, honestly? I prefer Cuban tobacco, but I try to keep an open mind (and palate). Actually, 3 of the last 5 cigars I smoked this week were NCs. But I smoke Cuban 95+ percent of the time. If that makes me a snob in someone else's eyes, I could care less. I smoke what I like, and like what I smoke. You should do the same.

Couldn't find an option to express that.
Me too. So I didn't vote. Should be one there, although I think of snobs as people who act like a jackass and pretend to "know it all". So on those grounds I don't think we have many if any snobs on this board.

Or people opposed to anything but "their" cigars. Which again I think most everyone here is open minded on some level.
[Reply]
DMK 06:18 PM 03-05-2011
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.
I'll try just about anything.... once.
Never a Gurkha again..:-):-)
[Reply]
Krish the Fish 02:10 AM 03-06-2011
I like to smoke quality, regardless of what country they are from. If that's Nicaragua, DR, or Cuba, so be it.

I like Viajes, Anejos, and Behikes, Edmundo Dantes, etc. Doesn't matter where they come from, as long as they taste good :-)
[Reply]
shilala 02:27 AM 03-06-2011
It's cnob.
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:32 AM 03-06-2011
Originally Posted by W.B.:
I pretty much don't care what other folks smoke, they paid for it and hopefully enjoy it. Though if I am with others while smoking I would rather not be around them if the aroma of their cigar is affecting my enjoyment. Examples for me, the Acid line and other flavored cigars. Something about those aromas seem to overwhelm the area and even make it's way onto my palette, I HATE that. Then, I feel a my attitude change, definitely snobbery, but I think warranted. Fair or unfair?
I don't think you are being unfair with how you feel but how I would deal with the situation,I have no idea.
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Me too. So I didn't vote. Should be one there, although I think of snobs as people who act like a jackass and pretend to "know it all". So on those grounds I don't think we have many if any snobs on this board.

Or people opposed to anything but "their" cigars. Which again I think most everyone here is open minded on some level.
This is pretty much my line of thought Mike.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 07:45 AM 03-06-2011
I agree with the smoke what you like, like what you smoke, but I'm always open for suggestions. It's very rare that I go into a B&M and don't walk out with something suggested by someone in the store. Sometimes I like 'em, sometimes I don't, and I'd never tell someone what they're smoking is crap just because it didn't appeal to me.
[Reply]
Average Joe 10:58 AM 03-06-2011
My #1 criteria for a cigar is it has ot be less that $5. Whether I get it from the devil auction site for that price or the B&M is running a special, must be less than $5.

From there taste rules. I like different tastes for different times of the day. I don't care too much for brands (except a couple that are strikeouts) but they do serve as a good guidepost for quality.
[Reply]
Beegerply 11:17 AM 03-06-2011
It's kinda like music for me, if you like, you like, if you don't, you don't
[Reply]
TheFool 11:52 AM 03-06-2011
When I think of a "snob" I think of someone who critiques what others smoke. In that sense I don't think I'm a snob at all, smoke what you like how you like it. When it comes to what I smoke, I haven't been around enough to be a snob, but I would avoid gas station cigars. Long story short, I marked the sometimes box. Taste is the pen ultimate.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:01 PM 03-06-2011
Has the OP identified what a "cigar snob" in this poll means to HIM?
Can't see everyone assuming what he means.
I have no clue if I am a snob or not as to him it may have a completely different meaning than it does to me.

Interesting that if you google "definition of cigar snob", this thread comes up as first on list.

So......let's not disappoint and define it then see if anything on the list on the poll applies.

To help better define it, Snob to me has a condescending tone. If one can afford premium cigars and enjoys them, why are they a snob?
If one likes Cubans only, why are they a Snob?
[Reply]
Volusianator 12:25 PM 03-06-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I smoke what I like, and like what I smoke. You should do the same.
25k+ posts and not one more spot on than this!
[Reply]
Nathan King 01:06 PM 03-06-2011
I have little patience for cigars that don't "wow" me; however, those that do tend to come from various parts of the world.
[Reply]
enlightenedcigar 01:18 PM 03-06-2011
Working a B&M it is tough for me to say that I am a 'snob' since I try to help out with what people like to smoke. I love what I smoke and only smoke what I love. But I try EVERYTHING I can get my hands on. Man, I have a tough job... haha
[Reply]
nick2021 02:56 PM 03-06-2011
I try not to be a cigar snob, taste does play a big factor in the cigars I choose though. I think I give equal opportunity for both CC/NC :-)
[Reply]
thebayratt 03:23 PM 03-06-2011
I'll smoke anything.

I usually try to go for the more pronounced names, but I have found a few diamonds in the rough. When I go to the B&M, I'll get a smoke I know I like and then a "cheaper" one that I haven't tried. Ya never know, it may be my next go-to smoke.
[Reply]
pinotguy 09:31 PM 03-06-2011
OK, so I voted and went with the "NC Snob" option. However, I'm not sure I'd be considered a "SNOB" by some folks' definition. (I might be by some other's.) Anymore, I'm exclusively a Tatuaje and DPG guy. The thing is, within each of these brands, there is a TON of diversity, selection, and variety. YMMV, but I've come to love these lines and, subsequently, that's what I end up smoking.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up