Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Acid Cigars
bscottskangum 09:39 PM 02-16-2010
I will admit that I have purchased some infusions, I had never had an infused cigar so I bought an Acid sampler and a CAO Flavours sampler.

I have had one out of each. They each lasted about 2 puffs and I couldn't take it anymore, the CAO Flavours one I tried almost didn't get lit as just putting it in my mouth unlit about made me throw up.

So I have 2 of these almost full samplers sitting around and I am planning on using them in some sort of truely evil diabolical plot.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:40 PM 02-16-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
It's unfortunate that some manufacturers do actually practice that method of flavored cigar blending/creation, thankfully, Drew Estates, the makers of the ACID line, is not one of them.
:-)

I've had a few different ones and only liked two of them. I don't remember what one of them is and the other is the Kuba Kuba. I still have a couple of Kuba Kuba's and although I haven't had one in a while I think I'll still enjoy one when the time comes.
[Reply]
klipsch 09:32 AM 02-17-2010
I'll admit openly that I've t a 100 count humi full of nothing but ACIDS. It's what I smoked when I first got back into cigars...and over the past year, my appreciation of cigars has taught me to take good care of them. So they are well maintained at 65% RH. I didn't like all ACIDS, and I haven't even smoked one myself in probably 11 months now. But I won't bad mouth them...they're one of the hottest sellers in most B&M's.
It's funny...we buy traditional cigars and spend a fortune on the ones that you can detect nuances of flavor in. Drew Estates produces cigars that you don't need to detect a nuance...it's right there in your face. And it's probably $12 cheaper than the Cuban that has undertones of coffee and chocolate to it...lol
[Reply]
akumushi 10:14 AM 02-17-2010
Feel free to continue a discussion of ACID cigars, but for those who haven't noticed, the OP has been banned and won't be reading your replies.
[Reply]
systm 10:34 AM 02-17-2010
ha ha, yea the kid didn't learn quick enough to not get banned.

On the subject of infused / flavored, not a fan, I don't like the feeling that I get in my mouth when smoking them, it feels like someone sprayed sugar or what not in my mouth after every puff.

No bueno
[Reply]
Chris. 01:16 PM 02-17-2010
Banned already?! Geeze.
[Reply]
Volt 01:32 PM 02-17-2010
He stated in an other post he was 15, banned due to that would be my guess.

On Acids. I smoked an Acid Purple one time. Never again shall a Acid or Drew Estates pass my lips. Why ban all Drew Estates you ask, because anyone who produce that chemical impacted, perfume smelling, vile sugary tasting "cigar" cannot possibly know what good tobacco is or used for. I have smoked a Creamosa before and would willing choose it over an Acid.
[Reply]
bscottskangum 01:33 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by Chris.:
Banned already?! Geeze.
Already? He lasted a whole hour I think...

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28674

[Reply]
Garnoobie 08:19 PM 02-26-2010
I just recently bought an Acid and Java. I haven't smoked either of them yet. I am pretty new to cigars so after reading these post I thought this might be a good cigar for me.
[Reply]
issues 08:25 PM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by Garnoobie:
I just recently bought an Acid and Java. I haven't smoked either of them yet. I am pretty new to cigars so after reading these post I thought this might be a good cigar for me.
They're not bad cigars if you like really sweet sticks.

Just keep them stored in another box away from your non-flavored stock. :-)
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 11:20 PM 02-26-2010
I still do not get the concept of flavored cigars. For me, it eliminates the whole meaning of actual cigar smoking. If you want something flavored, why not pick up some colts, prime times or captain blacks. I see it pretty useless making infused cigars. Then again, who am I to judge. To each its own i guess.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:33 PM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by Volt:
Why ban all Drew Estates you ask, because anyone who produce that chemical impacted, perfume smelling, vile sugary tasting "cigar" cannot possibly know what good tobacco is or used for.
Ever had a Liga Privada?
[Reply]
icehog3 11:34 PM 02-26-2010
They're oogy.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:39 PM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
They're oogy.
The Liga Privada Tom? What's..."oogy?"
[Reply]
icehog3 11:52 PM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
The Liga Privada Tom? What's..."oogy?"
Not the Liga Privada, Mario, I was talking about the infused Acids.

Annie Wilkes can tell you what "oogy" means.

Originally Posted by UrbanDictioary.com:

oogy

Feeling the effect of an illness or injury.

Think of Kathy Bates' character in Stephen King's book "Misery".

You must feel terribly oogy.

oogy

Gross. Slimy. Covered in/filled with undesirable things.

That old sponge sat, mildewing in the sink, until it got all oogy.

[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:54 PM 02-26-2010
Got it! Thanks Tom!
[Reply]
nater 06:02 AM 02-27-2010
It's funny however when people at work find out you smoke cigars always seem to say "I smoke cigars occasionally too, I love acids." They really are one of the most popular cigars.
[Reply]
shilala 06:58 AM 02-27-2010
Acids are crazy popular. The boys in the sandbox ask for them specifically, which always struck me as kind of odd.
I like a flavored cigar from time to time. Acids, not so much. The Isla Del Sol is good, and Java's are good. The whole CAO Flavours tubos line is good with the exception of the Moontrance, maybe. It's real close to an Acid. The CAO smokes in other sizes, not so good. There's too much flavor and chemical stink and they taste like burning tires and garbage about a half an inch in.
I have about a dozen jars of flavored smokes and I keep them full all the time. We spend a lot of time smoking on the back porch, and it's a way to make sure that there's a cigar for even the non-smokers. I can't even put a number on how many people I've turned on to the joy that is cigars via flavored smokes.
They definately have their place, even if most totally suck. :-)
[Reply]
Mpython24 10:09 AM 02-27-2010
I think if you were going to start with Acids i would go for the Blondie's.

i smoked them for a while starting out. they have a nice vanilla taste on the wrapper that sticks on the lips which is kinda nice. they are real smooth. overall i think that they are good, i just dont smoke them on a regular basis. Ya kinda move on, but sill have those acids around for a here and there kinda thing.

the smaller the size of the cigar, i found, the more non tobacco flavor you will get.

anyway, enjoy the smoke man. let us know how you like it.
[Reply]
Uflbassin 04:26 PM 02-27-2010
As much as I have no desire to ever smoke another acid, they are what got me into cigars. I would walk into the shop to pick up some acids, and eventually decided to try different smokes after that. They are a good place to start for someone who has never smoked, but I just wouldn't want to stay there for too long.:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up