Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Smoke Stains?
Jasonw560 01:14 PM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I have some respect for my dental professionals taking care of my oral health. I brush and floss my teeth before I go so they don't have to put up with the effects of whatever stinky meal I have just eaten. It is the respectful thing to do.
This.
My hygenist can't tell I smoke. I've never told her. She's cool, though. Probably wouldn't say much if I did tell her.
[Reply]
OLS 01:27 PM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by boonedoggle:
Do what I do. Tell your hygienist to shut his or her mouth and clean my teeth. :-)
This SORT OF where my mind went when I read this one, but in truth, the less contact your cigar has with
your mouth the better for several reasons. I know chompers who I wouldn't PPP with because their smokes
are just disgusting, I know chompers who never even light the cigar, and I know people like me, that only put
the smoke near their mouth to take a puff. You can't always avoid oral cancer with cigars, but you sure can
mitigate the issues involved with it.

If she is hot, tell her you'll do better. If she is a hag, tell her that you want to make sure she has
something to do, your insurance provider demands it.
[Reply]
OLS 01:29 PM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Tell em to piss off and do their job. Works for me.
I seriously doubt it, lol.
[Reply]
fsjonsey 11:47 PM 05-15-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
This SORT OF where my mind went when I read this one, but in truth, the less contact your cigar has with
your mouth the better for several reasons. I know chompers who I wouldn't PPP with because their smokes
are just disgusting, I know chompers who never even light the cigar, and I know people like me, that only put
the smoke near their mouth to take a puff. You can't always avoid oral cancer with cigars, but you sure can
mitigate the issues involved with it.

If she is hot, tell her you'll do better. If she is a hag, tell her that you want to make sure she has
something to do, your insurance provider demands it.
Bingo. Cigar chewers have a much higher risk for oral cancer, for obvious reasons.
[Reply]
jakesmokes 02:38 PM 08-28-2012
Went to the dentist again today. Hygienist couldn't stop talking about how many stains were on my teeth. "Its all over, and in between and hard to get out with our machine.."

Sigh.

I have these bleaching trays that were molded to my teeth (given to me by the dentist for bleaching my teeth). I wonder.. would smoking while wearing those help prevent my teeth getting so stained? Has anyone tried something like this?
[Reply]
jjirons69 06:27 PM 08-28-2012
I bet there's another, less-opinionated dentist down the road. Just sayin'...

Another trick - take your iPod and listen to tunes the entire time you're getting serviced.
[Reply]
Steelerfanatic 07:30 PM 08-28-2012
Originally Posted by jakesmokes:
Went to the dentist again today. Hygienist couldn't stop talking about how many stains were on my teeth. "Its all over, and in between and hard to get out with our machine.."

Sigh.

I have these bleaching trays that were molded to my teeth (given to me by the dentist for bleaching my teeth). I wonder.. would smoking while wearing those help prevent my teeth getting so stained? Has anyone tried something like this?
I had to wear my upper retainer for a year straight after my braces. I smoked every day and it seemed to really keep them white. Only problem is my cigars seemed to taste dull. If it were me, I would tell them to piss off and find a new place to take your business.
[Reply]
smokin5 07:32 PM 08-28-2012
My periodontist is a BOTL -
you want his number? :-)
[Reply]
RobR1205 07:57 PM 08-28-2012
My doctor asked me the other day if I wanted to stop smoking cigars. My reply was, "I'm sorry, but I can't do that.......Sir." (He's a Captain, O-6)

He laughed and said "I'm not surprised, I get that answer a lot from you young guys!" :-) At least he was good humored about it.
[Reply]
jluck 09:13 PM 08-28-2012
I rinse with Listerine whiting, It is one product I have actually noticed a difference with. I usually have it in my car too in case I cannot brush at the moment.
[Reply]
smokin5 09:57 AM 08-29-2012
Here's a tip -
Brush about 3-4x a week with a little baking soda on your toothpaste;
then on other days, swish a mixture of 50/50 hydrogen peroxide & water
for about a minute or so before you brush.
[Reply]
jakesmokes 04:35 PM 08-30-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
I rinse with Listerine whiting, It is one product I have actually noticed a difference with. I usually have it in my car too in case I cannot brush at the moment.
Ooh.. That sounds very good. I will pick some up! Thanks!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up