Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>What's the one cigar that...
elderboy02 08:11 AM 04-15-2010
NC = Oliva Connecticut Lonsdale
CC = H. Upmann Majestic
[Reply]
Caymus 08:16 AM 04-15-2010
Some great entries ! I too love the Por Larranaga Dominican on Oliva connecticuts when I'm in the mood for a nice mild creamy cigar. The PL Dominicans aren't easy to find...I had to spend some time searching on the internet.
[Reply]
rizzle 08:24 AM 04-15-2010
La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Miami Corona
Cabaiguan Coronas Extra

Hardly ever mentioned, but I love 'em both and they never let me down.
[Reply]
macsauce13 08:24 AM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
fresh barber pole Cohiba pyramides

aged Creamosa
Im intrigued that you like the Cremosa's. Everything I have heard about them has been terrible. No flavor other than burned leaves, etc. Will you tell me about your experience with them?
[Reply]
Whynot 08:32 AM 04-15-2010
ITC Nonpareil-Robutos especially, but all sizes
Sol Cubano Artisans
[Reply]
kenstogie 08:59 AM 04-15-2010
Wow you guys are coming up with some cigars I've already had some I haven't. Sol Cubana Cuban Cabinet, Cabaiguan, La Herencia oscuro fuerte (Great cigar for little $$$), Padilla Hybrid (very light but good smoke for little $$$, seems to get very little love),
[Reply]
Mr B 09:34 AM 04-15-2010
2 that were gifted to me, that I had never heard of, but loved were:

Don Collins, Puerto Rico, Lonsdale LF
&
Felipe Gregorio Pelo de Oro, Fletcha

Both were great
[Reply]
Mr B 09:36 AM 04-15-2010
An aged Padilla Hybird is a very good smoke for little $$
[Reply]
issues 09:39 AM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by Mr B:

&

Both were great
Being Puerto Rican I always wanted to try those, unfortunately you cannot purchase them in singles and have to jump into a bundle for around $135.

You don't know of any distributor other than don-collins.com that carries them do you?
[Reply]
maninblack 09:39 AM 04-15-2010
I tend to go with the MOW's. Love those sticks.
[Reply]
wayner123 09:46 AM 04-15-2010
Hirsh y Garcia
Fundacion Ancestral

Time and time again I turn to Punch Rothschilds. They have never let me down. You don't hear much about Punch's but they are a solid performer.
[Reply]
Coz77 09:50 AM 04-15-2010
Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Perfecto

[Reply]
elderboy02 10:12 AM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
Im intrigued that you like the Cremosa's. Everything I have heard about them has been terrible. No flavor other than burned leaves, etc. Will you tell me about your experience with them?
I am pretty sure he was joking. It is the worst cigar I have ever smoked. I gave Addiction one to smoke at the Shack HERF last year. He took one puff and tossed it. :-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 10:33 AM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by Coz77:
Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Perfectop
I have a box resting comfortably in my humi. :-)
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I tend to go with the MOW's. Love those sticks.
love these too.

Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I am pretty sure he was joking. It is the worst cigar I have ever smoked. I gave Addiction one to smoke at the Shack HERF last year. He took one puff and tossed it. :-)
I am sure he was. I tried one of these ONCE. It was like smoking lawn clippings mixed with janitorial cleaning supplies. Took me a week to wash that "flavor" out. YUCK
[Reply]
macsauce13 11:13 AM 04-15-2010
Thats good to hear, as I was afraid he had major damage to his taste buds! :-)

As for the Padilla Hybrid, it is one of my favorite smokes! I have found that for some reason they tend to try up rather easily though?? Maybe its just me.
[Reply]
kenstogie 11:17 AM 04-15-2010
The Padilla Hybrid is on the lighter end of the spectrum for me but I do enjoy them early morning or maybe if I am at a herf the first cigar I have. They get tastier toward the end if I am correct.
[Reply]
357 11:32 AM 04-15-2010
Oliva Master Blends.....I like the torpedo best.

More on the budget side, but I also like the NC-ERdM Robusto Larga. It is a toro sized stick with a great maduro wrapper. They come wrapped in tissue paper. They tend to be a little firm if left in tissue. I buy them by the box for $60-70, take them out of tissue, and they smoke great.
[Reply]
shilala 11:40 AM 04-15-2010
AVO Maduro, Padilla Habanos, Sancho Panza Double Maduro and Extra Fuerte, LFD Coronado, and previously Cuaba. There's a lot of talk about Cuaba all of a sudden, but it's always been overlooked. Vegueros is another cc that doesn't get much talk, maybe rightfully so.
[Reply]
Caymus 02:24 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by Mr B:

&

Both were great

The Felipe Gregorio Pelo de Oro is featured from time to time on Joe's Jambalaya and on Cbid.

Thanks for all the great replies. It gives me some good ideas to try when I'm in the mood to try something new and off the beaten path.
[Reply]
kugie 02:25 PM 04-15-2010
Benchmade
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up