Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Life has been hellish lately
Beagleone 10:14 AM 04-26-2012
Just to give you guys an update, I finally came up for some air. My FIL is doing better, but this is just the beginning to a long road of recovery. he is off the ventilator and is responsive and alert. He doesn't remember the accident or being in the hospital, but he knows what day it is an who is around him. That is good, however, he can't swallow anything, so the doctors had to put a line in for him to get any nourishment. He definitely does not have any fine motor control and that will have to be addressed in the rehabilitation hospital. He will also require a motorize wheelchair or scooter to move around. When the doctors' told that to my wife, she broke down completely. I am not sure if she thought he would bounce back next week and be back to the same old self, but it really hit home with her. Regardless, I had already starting thinking long term for him and their home in Houston. It is definitely not set up for a wheelchair or anything. I have started a mental inventory of things that will need to be done: ramps for the front and back doors, plus to the dining area; rails in bathroom; moving the beds and furniture to accommodate him; rigging out their SUV for the wheelchair; and other small things like that. I may have to spend a few weekend there fixing up the place. I will likely drag my father and cousin down to get the house fixed up, but I need to know from the doctors what the timeline is going to be. It isn't my desirable way to spend my vacation time, but it has to be done and it makes my wife happier to know that I am considering the things she hasn't thought of.

The good news for me is that I don't have to come in to work this weekend. I get to edit the RFP while smoking at my B&M until my wife returns from Houston. At least the house is still standing in one piece. I could use a house elf to clean it up a bit though.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:25 AM 04-26-2012
Hang in there, Tony.
Continued prayers for you and your family.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
markem 10:29 AM 04-26-2012
Wish I were down there to help out, Tony. Thoughts and prayers still there for everyone.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up