Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>I had a very good day today
catfish2 04:57 AM 03-19-2010
Originally Posted by Neuromancer:
Actually he's going from an inmate here to an inmate at the llinois Department Of Corrections...:-)...okay, so I don't know what IDOC means either but :-) to you for becoming whatever it is...:-)

You are actually half correct. It does stand for Illinois Department Of Corrections. Except that I won't be an in-mate, I'm going to be a guard.
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:10 AM 03-19-2010
Congrats!

Icehog throws them in there, and you get to make sure they stay in there :-)
[Reply]
Neuromancer 01:32 PM 03-19-2010
Originally Posted by Neuromancer:
Actually he's going from an inmate here to an inmate at the llinois Department Of Corrections...:-)...okay, so I don't know what IDOC means either but :-) to you for becoming whatever it is...:-)
Originally Posted by catfish2:
You are actually half correct. It does stand for Illinois Department Of Corrections. Except that I won't be an in-mate, I'm going to be a guard.
That's pretty funny...I was just being a wiseguy...:-)...guess I'm psychic...
[Reply]
BlackDog 01:45 PM 03-19-2010
Originally Posted by catfish2:
Except that I won't be an in-mate, I'm going to be a guard.
Yeah yeah, that's what they all say. :-)

Congratulations Don, I hope the rest of the process goes as successfully as it has so far. :-)
[Reply]
catfish2 08:07 PM 03-19-2010
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Color me stupid, but what is IDOC?

And Congrats!

:-)
Thats definitely not a stupid question. I was the one that wasn't thinking because I didn't specify Illinois Department Of Corrections.
[Reply]
catfish2 08:14 PM 03-19-2010
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Yeah yeah, that's what they all say. :-)

Congratulations Don, I hope the rest of the process goes as successfully as it has so far. :-)

While everybody else is trying to get out, I feel like I'm the only jackass that's trying to get in. But I'll tell you what good pay, good benefits, and STEADY work sounds real good to me.:-)
[Reply]
tobii3 08:55 PM 03-19-2010
MY job is ALWAYS hiring..... :-)
[Reply]
catfish2 08:36 AM 03-20-2010
Now that my internal excitement has worn off I have to look at this realistically. The odds are really against me. Thats why I'm at things like paying for criminal justice classes out of my own pocket to improve my odds as far as points go.
[Reply]
catfish2 07:08 PM 03-22-2010
In this hiring process a person has better odds of getting hired if he or she has a higher amount of points. You can get points with things like military experience, LE experience, college hours, and so on. A person with a lot lower test score can leap frog someone with a lot higher test score because of their points. I spent the whole day trying to find out about taking criminal justice classes in order to increase my points level. The result of the whole day wasted is that I might have to take two or three days off from work to take the classes. That would cause me to lose my job, and I need my job to pay for the classes (not to mention my bills). It seems like no matter where I turn I’m running into road blocks. I’m not giving up. I just gotta think this out. Right now I need a streak of good luck, which is something that I been short on lately.
[Reply]
Mpython24 07:14 PM 03-22-2010
That is very exciting news Don! Way to go!
[Reply]
catfish2 07:31 PM 03-22-2010
Originally Posted by tobii3:
MY job is ALWAYS hiring..... :-)

Thats good news, what exactly is involved in licking windows? More importantly how well does it pay?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up