Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Puerto Rico Bound!
mosesbotbol 02:09 PM 04-24-2013
Bring you own cigars and you won't have to jump through hoops to find cigars. You find some, you find some... You vacation should be relaxing without worries. Enjoy.
[Reply]
RolandofEld 02:15 PM 04-24-2013
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Cool place. I went back in March. Would LOVE to go back. We toured Bacardi and Don Q.
How were those tours? I have heard good and bad. Mostly good though, would appreciate a recent opinion.
[Reply]
themoneycollector 02:28 PM 04-24-2013
Originally Posted by RolandofEld:
How were those tours? I have heard good and bad. Mostly good though, would appreciate a recent opinion.
The Bacardi one is well worth the 1-2 hrs. Helped me appreciate it a little bit more. Technically have to pay for a taxi to get from the docks to the plant, but the tour itself is free, so it's a great little way for the company to give local taxis some business. Plus you get 2 free drinks. Either on your way to the plant or after, stop by the PR Visitor center for brochures and another rum drink. There's also Don Q right next door but when I was there it was closed.
[Reply]
Crownedone 05:45 PM 05-15-2013
When are you heading to Puerto Rico? I recently spent almost 3 months in the old san jaun area. Spent a great deal of time checking into the local cigar scene.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:56 PM 05-15-2013
Originally Posted by Crownedone:
When are you heading to Puerto Rico? I recently spent almost 3 months in the old san jaun area. Spent a great deal of time checking into the local cigar scene.
He hasn't been back since a day after he posted this. :-)
[Reply]
equetefue 07:20 PM 05-15-2013
He must have found a really good cigar lounge. Lol
[Reply]
icehog3 07:51 PM 05-15-2013
Maybe he was kidnapped by pirates.
[Reply]
RolandofEld 09:06 AM 05-16-2013
Hey!

Sorry for the slow replies, we had a wedding to attend the weekend after we returned from vacation. And we both were feeling a bit run-down, borderline sick after that. That made my return here a bit delayed.

First off, thanks for the help and tips. We didn't actually make it to any great cigar lounges/stores so I'm glad I took a bundle of my own down there, they were greatly enjoyed by all (mostly myself, but *shrug*) while on the veranda in a hammock. It turned out to be more of a 'lets do this amazing thing outside of San Juan', return to home base, crash/recover, lather, rinse, repeat. Not to mention that it was us and 3 others doing most of the adventuring/traveling/planning as a group so side tracking the crew wasn't optimal.

All in all a great trip, we visited great beaches (Playa Flamenco on Culebra was great after the weather calmed down), toured the rain forest in El Yunque, and swam with the fishes on the mangrove paradise island, Giligan's Island to be exact (but not where the show was filmed of course).

Great trip, do recommend, thanks for the help and sorry I can't report more awesome cigar related things here.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up