Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Bad day today!
MiamiE 08:12 AM 09-27-2011
I live in a community of townhouses. I hope they find something, but who knows.
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:18 AM 09-27-2011
Sorry this happened to you!:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:21 AM 09-27-2011
sorry to hear this, hope they catch the bastages
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:22 AM 09-27-2011
Sorry to hear this. Did you have your guns in a safe?
[Reply]
EricF 08:44 AM 09-27-2011
Sorry to hear Erick! I hope they get them quickly!
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 08:54 AM 09-27-2011
Sorry to hear Erick.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:57 AM 09-27-2011
Sorry, that sucks bad. Do you think it was related to the phone call or just bad timing?
Did you have a return phone number to give the police?
[Reply]
Tbagley 01:48 PM 09-27-2011
With no safe it makes it a heck of a lot easier for these snitheads. Amazed that they could figure out were you lived with only your cell number. In a townhouse complex it opens up the possibilty that one of your fine neighbors could be the thief as they could have been scoping you out for a while as they may have noticed you carrying your weapons in and out of the your unit.

Just glad they didn't get any of your smokes, as you posted elsewhere. That would have been the icing.

E, be extra careful...take care LastritesFSN
[Reply]
357 01:58 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle:
Sorry to hear brother. Was it your home land line number that you gave, or a cell? I imagine a land line if you are thinking it could be the person you gave the number to, otherwise it would be really hard to get your address with a cell number. You should make sure to watch your local craigslist and ebay in the next month+!

I have done a lot of craigslist transactions and always meet at a public place like a mall or starbucks. There are too many thieves/crooks out there to invite them to your house. Last year... just 15 minutes from me, only a few blocks from my in-laws, a family guy posted his ex's diamond ring on craigslist only to have the "buyer" come to his house, tie up the family and shoot the guy in front of them taking off with the diamond and a few other things.

Beware with any private type of sale...

Originally Posted by jsnake:
I can't even imagine how you feel. There are a few websites that will give you addresses even from a cell phone number. It is too coincidental but what can you do? Family is ok & everything else can be replaced. I think you see that even though you are angry.

I am sorry this happened to you. Pissed me off to hear it. When they find this guy you should have a large herf so your brothers can give him a visit.

It only costs about $30 to get an address online from a cell phone number. Be careful who you give that information to. I'm glad nobody was hurt. Sorry you lost so much property and likely peace of mind. I've had a house broken into a couple times. It can really leave you feeling violated.

Best advice is walk softly and carry a large caliber firearm. It's a slight variation of Teddy Roosevelt's famous quote, but it works. It's especially a good idea for the Mrs too. You might carry, but you're not always there to protect her.
[Reply]
TonySmith 02:09 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle:
Sorry to hear brother. Was it your home land line number that you gave, or a cell? I imagine a land line if you are thinking it could be the person you gave the number to, otherwise it would be really hard to get your address with a cell number. You should make sure to watch your local craigslist and ebay in the next month+!

I have done a lot of craigslist transactions and always meet at a public place like a mall or starbucks. There are too many thieves/crooks out there to invite them to your house. Last year... just 15 minutes from me, only a few blocks from my in-laws, a family guy posted his ex's diamond ring on craigslist only to have the "buyer" come to his house, tie up the family and shoot the guy in front of them taking off with the diamond and a few other things.

Beware with any private type of sale...
Sad state of affairs but this is what the world is coming to. Glad no one was home or hurt.

Hard lesson to learn, be very cautious with dealing with strangers.
[Reply]
MiamiE 03:23 PM 09-27-2011
I am definitely going to be more careful in the future. I want to say this was because of the ad I posted but I also think it may have been coincidence. Who knows. I just want my guns back and off the streets! The good thing is the police are working hard since there were loaded firearms involved. Big mistake on my part and a lesson learned.
[Reply]
landhoney 08:52 AM 09-28-2011
Erick, very sorry to hear about this, hopefully the items will be recovered.
[Reply]
hscmit 12:44 PM 09-28-2011
sorry this happened

hope there is resolution for you soon
[Reply]
WyGuy 02:21 PM 09-28-2011
Sorry to hear, hopefully those guns are recovered!
[Reply]
shark 03:42 PM 09-28-2011
I despise thieves with a vengeance, and hope that they get a belly full of lead when (not if, I know better than to think that!) they break into someone else's home. And I understand why you want this resolved, too. If (and I'm not saying that you were) you were negligent in securing your firearms, and they get stolen, then you could be held liable in civil court for that if those guns end up being used in a crime, God forbid a homicide. Good luck!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up