Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>A few questions and an introduction!
Dolphinswin 10:13 PM 05-29-2011
Alright I know I have already asked my share plus a few other shares worth of questions. I plan on doing some buying within a week or so, so can someone summarize this lol, should I buy the wooden humidors or the Tupperware container? Its not going to be out for show anyways... should I just do the packs or beads, im looking for the easiest no screw up method lol. Thanks and im already planning some cheap smokes, im done asking and now will read like no other!
[Reply]
Dolphinswin 10:14 PM 05-29-2011
Oh yea and im going to try to buy all this stuff locally so whatever available is best
[Reply]
Drez 10:38 PM 05-29-2011
Your best bet is to start with a tupperdor. If you can snag the beads then conformity but just starting out you should be ok with a humipack or 2.

Spend the money on sticks man. Once you find some you like then up grade to a nice desktop or cooler and hang on for the long ride down the slope.
[Reply]
Dolphinswin 10:43 PM 05-29-2011
Im thinking ill take drezs advice. I mean what the hell do these thing even taste like lol? I saw a few guys out on the golf course with them, cigars are classy Imo. I just read about some arturo fuente cigar that supposedly tasted like cappuccino or vanilla and now I forgot its name. Im pretty excited and am glad im here, thanks for all the help.
[Reply]
Dolphinswin 10:30 AM 05-30-2011
Im doing the tipperware humidor. The boeheva humidipacks say you need one pack for the humidor and another pack per 50 cigars you have. With a tipper ware container all I do is put the cigars in and the packs right? I don't need any cedar or wood do I? I've found a few cheap smokes from the list im going to start the stocking with
[Reply]
Nathan King 10:42 AM 05-30-2011
Originally Posted by Dolphinswin:
Im doing the tipperware humidor. The boeheva humidipacks say you need one pack for the humidor and another pack per 50 cigars you have. With a tipper ware container all I do is put the cigars in and the packs right? I don't need any cedar or wood do I? I've found a few cheap smokes from the list im going to start the stocking with
You really only need one pack for a tupperdor. Just place your cigars inside, throw in a Boveda, and seal it up. You don't need cedar unless you plan to store for more than a few years.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:43 AM 05-30-2011
If the cigars are properly humidified going in the tupperware, you likely won't need any humidification. They seal very, very well. I had one I didn't open but once in two years and the humidity never changed. If you do use a boveda pack, check the cigars once a week to make sure they are not over humidified.

Cedar is not need at all.
[Reply]
Dolphinswin 10:54 AM 05-30-2011
Alright, now im a Tish confused. Im going to be opening the Tupperware every now and then to grab a smoke wont this toss the humidication off since there's nothing helping the cigars get back to the humidity readings? im going to get a Tupperware container that can hold 30 or so, I will likely only have about 10 though since I can't afford a ton. So is the boveda a go or no go?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:00 AM 05-30-2011
Alright, now im a Tish confused. Im going to be opening the Tupperware every now and then to grab a smoke wont this toss the humidication off since there's nothing helping the cigars get back to the humidity readings? im going to get a Tupperware container that can hold 30 or so, I will likely only have about 10 though since I can't afford a ton. So is the boveda a go or no go?
To make it easy, go ahead and get one. If the cigars get too wet, you can always pull it out.

Cigars are much, much tougher than most give them credit. Don't worry about it, just enjoy.

:-)
[Reply]
Dolphinswin 11:04 AM 05-30-2011
If they get to wet do you just take it out and don't use them or do u need to put it back once they dry out a bit? The 68 percent ones right?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:23 AM 05-30-2011
If they get to wet do you just take it out and don't use them or do u need to put it back once they dry out a bit? The 68 percent ones right?
If your cigars get spongy, take the pack out an put it in a ziplock so it won't dry out. When the cigars get a little on they dryer side, put it back in.

People like to set humidity at their personal preference. Some like it toward 70 some down in the 50's. You will need to experiment to find your perfect level.
[Reply]
Dolphinswin 11:30 AM 05-30-2011
Alrighty thanks NC!
[Reply]
Nathan King 12:38 PM 05-30-2011
The 68% Boveda will keep your cigars at exactly 68% in a tupperware. I've had some cigars sealed with a pack for a month and the humidity never gets high because the packs are a two-way system.
[Reply]
Dolphinswin 02:01 PM 05-30-2011
All right guys, now im just going to decide on the smokes to stuff the tipper ware with!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:33 PM 05-30-2011
Originally Posted by Nathan King:
The 68% Boveda will keep your cigars at exactly 68% in a tupperware. I've had some cigars sealed with a pack for a month and the humidity never gets high because the packs are a two-way system.
IMO, 68 is high.
[Reply]
Nathan King 02:52 PM 05-30-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
IMO, 68 is high.
That's arguable. If the original poster finds that to be the case he can always purchase a 65% Boveda packet.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:57 PM 05-30-2011
That's arguable.
That why I said, IMO. :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 03:00 PM 05-30-2011
That's arguable
Its a matter of preference. There are many who store boxes for long-term aging and agree that 68 would be very high. It all depends on how you store boxes and if you are storing them long-term or just to be consumed within the next few years.
[Reply]
Dolphinswin 03:01 PM 05-30-2011
Ill be storing for a yr or 2 max.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:06 PM 05-30-2011
Ill be storing for a yr or 2 max.
Just start shmokin' and everything will fall into place. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up