Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Oliva V Lancero
slickster81 07:32 AM 10-25-2010
Excellent review Lumpy...and I agree, the Oliva V Lancero is one primo sweet smoke....

Also, I couldn't help but have a little fun with your pics....anybody else see a resemblance?
Attached: fidel-castro.jpg (25.0 KB) Lumpy.jpg (46.2 KB) 
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 08:41 AM 10-25-2010
Great review...both a review and a story. Well done!! :-)

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides:
Great review on one of my "go-to" smokes. I'm into my third box of these, and they've never let me down.
-Dude
{certifiable lancero nut}
These have become a go-to for me as well. I never really smoked lanceros at all, but Ryan (MedicCook) turned me onto the V lancero and I haven't looked back. :-):-)
[Reply]
rizzle 09:00 AM 10-25-2010
Feral yoofs...I like that. :-)
[Reply]
Nathan King 09:23 AM 10-25-2010
I have avoided the Lancero because the ring gauge made the cigar look like it would not offer as much flavor. I will have to give them a second look.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 09:25 AM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by Nathan King:
I have avoided the Lancero because the ring gauge made the cigar look like it would not offer as much flavor. I will have to give them a second look.
Definitely give it a try...I had the same assumption as you going into it...boy was I WRONG!! :-) You get much more flavor from the wrapper because of the higer wrapper to filler ratio and that can go a long with a flavorful wrapper. :-)
[Reply]
Lumpold 09:32 AM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by slickster81:
Excellent review Lumpy...and I agree, the Oliva V Lancero is one primo sweet smoke....

Also, I couldn't help but have a little fun with your pics....anybody else see a resemblance?
Now all I need is my own country... although I do play the Tropico series of games quite a bit :-)

Originally Posted by Nathan King:
As the SandBoa said, Lanceros tend to take a lot of flavour from the wrapper... I always enjoy the smaller RG smokes for this. Also, I find that a 7/7.5"x38 stick lasts about the same time as a robusto, but the flavours seem more pronounced!
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 09:54 AM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by Lumpold:
Now all I need is my own country... although I do play the Tropico series of games quite a bit :-)
AWESOME GAME!!! I just finished Tropico 3...ok...done derailing. :-)
[Reply]
jmsremax 10:07 AM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:
Great review...both a review and a story. Well done!! :-)

These have become a go-to for me as well. I never really smoked lanceros at all, but Ryan (MedicCook) turned me onto the V lancero and I haven't looked back. :-):-)

I can't agree more..... Had my first lancero Friday night and it was freaking good :-)

The V double robusto has been a staple of my mine for some time, but now it appears it won't be the only V in my collection.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:42 AM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
I can't agree more..... Had my first lancero Friday night and it was freaking good :-)

The V double robusto has been a staple of my mine for some time, but now it appears it won't be the only V in my collection.
Vs in my rotation include: Double Robusto, Double Toro, Churchill Extra, and of course the Lancero.
[Reply]
slickster81 12:26 PM 10-25-2010
Give the Padron (regular series) Panatela a try, they pack a lot of flavor in a small RG.

I was talking to a roller about the thinner cigars once, and he said the blends of the thinner RG's have more aromatic leaf in them to give more flavor in a smaller package, also he said the wrappers are always of the finest quality so as to impart the best flavor as well.

I love the thinner RG cigars, and have recently gotten in touch with Dr. Alejandro Martinez Cuenca of Joya De Nicaragua, my all time favorite NC asking that he create a Lancero or Panatela in the Celebracion blend, and maybe a PC in that blend. Hopefully.....
[Reply]
Beklage 01:56 PM 10-25-2010
Thanks for the review and sick beard!
[Reply]
papichulo 07:42 AM 11-07-2010
Great review. The first V's Papajohn hooked me up with a few years ago were incredible, but not that way anymore IMHO. As for the lancero, I had one last night that had lighting issues. I am going to keep these in the back of my humidor and revisit them in a year or two.
[Reply]
Comedian 08:39 PM 11-25-2010
Great review! I have not yet had the pleasure of smoking the V lancero.. although I have smoked the delicious Illusione Holy Lance maduro and the downright amazing El Triunfador lancero. I love the size!

I'm going to pick up the Oliva V lancero when I get the chance. :-)

From one bearded BOTL to another, nice beard, man! Haha
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:20 AM 10-27-2011
Just smoked my first one last night, gotta say an instant top ten smokes for me.
I have had the #4 and loved it, but this is even beter IMO.
It had the perfect amount of spice and chocolate flavors!
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 05:35 AM 10-27-2011
Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
WittyUserName 05:39 AM 10-27-2011
This is a great cigar. Jake bombed me one and I need to get more.
[Reply]
dave 07:39 AM 10-27-2011
Well done! Thanks for the review, the humor, and the reminder that it is well past time for me to dig one of these out.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 08:25 AM 10-27-2011
Excellent review on one of my favorites.
:-)
[Reply]
gator_79 11:07 AM 10-27-2011
Very nice review. Although I consider my self in the minority, the only Oliva that does it for me is the V Maduro.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 04:16 PM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Just smoked my first one last night, gotta say an instant top ten smokes for me.
I have had the #4 and loved it, but this is even beter IMO.
It had the perfect amount of spice and chocolate flavors!
Oh yeah, Shane. The V Lance is in my top five! I knew James would like it when I sent them to him!! I should have purchased half a dozen boxes in 2008 when I got the one I did buy!!!! They age very well, only getting better and better with age!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up