Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Calling all CA Greeks
GreekGodX 06:07 PM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by rebelknight:
Finally. I was beginning to think everyone was making you up. Nice to meet you Christo.
Great idea for the thread :-) I'm a bit busy these days so it took me a moment to see this. Nice to 'meet' you too.
[Reply]
rebelknight 09:24 PM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Great idea for the thread :-) I'm a bit busy these days so it took me a moment to see this. Nice to 'meet' you too.
Thanks. I definitely understand about being busy too. I just finished my first round of midterms and I still have a ton of work to do. CA is my biggest time waster(reason to procrastinate) though.
[Reply]
Taki 07:47 AM 10-13-2011
Hey Christo....I love the Olympiakos avatar (assuming that is where you got that from), I have followed them for years now with my father, we are both huge fans.:-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:25 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by Taki Ioannidis:
Hey Christo....I love the Olympiakos avatar (assuming that is where you got that from), I have followed them for years now with my father, we are both huge fans.:-)
It is from Olympiakos :-) There are no other teams in Greece :-)
[Reply]
billybarue 07:12 PM 10-14-2011
Spent two weeks in Central/Northern Greece in July. Mostly in Larissa visiting my brother on a NATO assignment. Spent a few days up around Thessaloniki.

Highlights were:
Delphi
Tomb of Phillip II (father of Alexander)
Thormopylae and the statue of Leonidas
Thessaloniki
Every meal I had!
[Reply]
GreekGodX 07:43 PM 10-14-2011
Originally Posted by billybarue:
Spent two weeks in Central/Northern Greece in July. Mostly in Larissa visiting my brother on a NATO assignment. Spent a few days up around Thessaloniki.

Highlights were:
Delphi
Tomb of Phillip II (father of Alexander)
Thormopylae and the statue of Leonidas
Thessaloniki
Every meal I had!
mmm food in Thessaloniki is amazing.
[Reply]
rebelknight 12:41 PM 10-15-2011
It's sad to say but I have never been to Greece. If everything works out I should be going with the family this summer.
[Reply]
Taki 12:47 PM 10-17-2011
It's sad to say but I have never been to Greece. If everything works out I should be going with the family this summer.

Sorry Brother...that is unfortunate. When I was younger I used to go to Greece every other year but havn't been back for a few years now, but planing a trip next fall for me and my wife (shes never been)...can't wait!:-)
[Reply]
rebelknight 03:37 PM 12-02-2011
Greece draw Poland, Russia and the Czech Republic in their group for the 2012 UEFA Euro cup. I'd be disappointed if they don't get out of this pool. Hears to hoping it's a repeat of 2004. I still remember watching the second game against Portugal.
[Reply]
Taki 07:17 AM 12-03-2011
Greece draw Poland, Russia and the Czech Republic in their group for the 2012 UEFA Euro cup. I'd be disappointed if they don't get out of this pool. Hears to hoping it's a repeat of 2004. I still remember watching the second game against Portugal.
I still have all the games tapped....what a great year!!!
We should definitely get out of the group stage...if not you are so right, it would be very disappointing
[Reply]
GreekGodX 06:52 PM 12-04-2011
I was in Greece when they won the Euro cup. It is something I will never forget :-)

I don't know about an easy draw though.. Russia and Poland are good. Russia is a bit older but they can score. Poland is the host country and that is always dangerous.
[Reply]
rebelknight 08:51 PM 12-04-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I was in Greece when they won the Euro cup. It is something I will never forget :-)

I don't know about an easy draw though.. Russia and Poland are good. Russia is a bit older but they can score. Poland is the host country and that is always dangerous.
This is true but if they can't get out of this group I don't see them surviving in any of the other groups either. Things could turn out very different but looking at it right now it looks like the group with the least amount of "serious" competition. Poland doesn't worry me so much. Hosting is a great honor but they didn't have to go through qualifying and may not be up to the test. Austria and Switzerland combined for 4 points and failed to get out of the group stage in 2008 and well we know what happened to Portugal in 2004 :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 11:56 AM 12-05-2011
I bet Portugal is wishing they were in our group. Their group is insane!
[Reply]
Taki 05:58 AM 06-06-2012
Any Greek out there taking off / or has off Friday to watch the Game???? Cant wait to the start of the tournament!!
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:59 AM 06-06-2012
Sounds racist to me :-)
[Reply]
rebelknight 07:36 AM 06-06-2012
Im in a golf tournament friday but i'll have the game on on my phone. I know that's against golf etiquette but some things are just too important to play by the rules
[Reply]
Taki 07:45 AM 06-06-2012
Im in a golf tournament friday but i'll have the game on on my phone. I know that's against golf etiquette but some things are just too important to play by the rules
Love the attitude brother!! I will be watching it on a tv at work! My wife yelled at me for using my vacation days...apparently I need to save them for when we have our baby in Nov.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 11:12 AM 06-06-2012
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Sounds racist to me :-)
This isn't where you parked your car, Dave :-)

I will be watching the game online while I'm in class then go somewhere to watch the rest. EuroCup 2012! :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:13 AM 06-06-2012
I know how to swear in greek...does that count? :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 12:34 PM 06-06-2012
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I know how to swear in greek...does that count? :-)
You are in Bao! We will just say you are from a village up in the mountains :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up