Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Best Looking Cigar Bands / Boxes
MUNKY 10:13 PM 02-26-2014
Mf el centurion, the recent release
[Reply]
insurgus 10:59 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
This was said for shock value, or a joke or something right? You smoke cigars based on the band?
It was a joke but thanks for jumping on new guys who are interested in some of the unique art and presentations.
[Reply]
insurgus 10:07 PM 02-27-2014

Shot this today... And smoked it. :-)
[Reply]
quackman 09:32 PM 02-28-2014
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Seriously? I smoke cigars for flavor not paper. Many cigars I smoke have no bands at all.

But if we're talking presentation. I think these boxes would be near the top for. :-) Please dont bomb me! :-)

Love the woodgrain on that left one!
[Reply]
Jbuford 05:50 PM 03-08-2014
Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro all the way. That pretty purple ring is awesome!!!
[Reply]
Gabe215 06:07 PM 03-08-2014
I wanna be like Bob one day!! Very nice!
[Reply]
bobarian 07:11 PM 03-08-2014
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
I wanna be like Bob one day!! Very nice!
:-):-):-) Not my boxes just a pic I reposted. The original can be found by searching "Trinity" or "Holy Trinity" here. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:23 PM 03-08-2014
Originally Posted by insurgus:
It was a joke but thanks for jumping on new guys who are interested in some of the unique art and presentations.
Originally Posted by insurgus:
While I agree you can't always judge a book by it's cover, life is too short to smoke ugly looking cigars. And besides, it's the cover that makes you read the damn book.
Just going by the post and if I jumped on you you'd know it, I'm a big boy. :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 08:10 PM 03-08-2014
Keep it on topic gents and take it to PM. If we're talking box presentation, I think the Tat monster series are some of the coolest in recent years.
[Reply]
mikesr1963 03:44 PM 03-09-2014
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 09:04 PM 03-19-2014
I think the metal bands on the Macanudo Vintage 2006's are pretty sweet. Also the CAO Black boxes are pretty sweet
[Reply]
Pinoyman 09:26 PM 03-19-2014
Originally Posted by bobarian:
:-):-):-) Not my boxes just a pic I reposted. The original can be found by searching "Trinity" or "Holy Trinity" here. :-)
Come on BOB! Why keeping secret to your fellow Babotl...
Bring a few sticks at the Barn Bro.:-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 02:08 AM 03-20-2014
The Ave Maria band is probably my favorite.
[Reply]
Sadden 10:32 AM 03-20-2014
No uber expensive ghurka boxes yet? Wtf guys?

Jk jk. I like the Oliva boxes. That red is so pretty.
[Reply]
mk05 11:03 AM 03-20-2014
I am with senor dvickery. Nothing is quite like RyJ for box art, although Sancho Panza has really nice color schemes and patterns...too bad his face ruins the presentation!

As for the whole package including bands, there's something about the understated elegance of Davidoff. This one has a yellow sticker, so it must have been PSP.
[Reply]
czerbe 12:57 PM 03-20-2014
Some of my favorites right here [IMG]Image[/IMG]
[Reply]
jjirons69 07:16 PM 03-20-2014
I like a lot of the artistic bands, but I think El Centurion is pretty sharp.

[Reply]
miamicigarco 08:31 AM 03-21-2014
I'm going to chime in on this... If you take 100% of cigar smokers, only about 20% of those are social media active. This includes cigar forums, cigar review blogs, twitter, facebook, instagram. By active I am stating those who actively seek out cigars.

When a new cigar comes out the 80% of consumers look to advertising or presentation to try a cigar for the first time. So the band, and box art plays a huge role on enticing people to try a cigar for the first time.

The cigar itself will determine if they come back or not.

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
This was said for shock value, or a joke or something right? You smoke cigars based on the band?

[Reply]
WhiteMamba 12:48 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by miamicigarco:
I'm going to chime in on this... If you take 100% of cigar smokers, only about 20% of those are social media active. This includes cigar forums, cigar review blogs, twitter, facebook, instagram. By active I am stating those who actively seek out cigars.

When a new cigar comes out the 80% of consumers look to advertising or presentation to try a cigar for the first time. So the band, and box art plays a huge role on enticing people to try a cigar for the first time.

The cigar itself will determine if they come back or not.
As someone relatively new to cigars I agree with miamicigarco. When I was first looking at cigars to buy I would read the review on the site but I would also look at what the cigar looked like. That being said, what made me like the cigar and want another one of that kind was the taste and how it smoked.

:-)
[Reply]
Gabe215 12:58 PM 03-21-2014
I have to agree with Adam, Montecristo, Upmann, Partagas, RyJ, and HDM, (CC's) all have boring plain bands and they are my favorite Marcas and to not have smoked them because they don't have flashy bands and come in cardboard boxes doesn't make any sense since they are some if the best cigars around and are truly classics!! And as Bob said a lot of cigars I smoke like custom rolls don't even have bands! And if you prefer NC's everyone will point a newbie in the direction of Fuente and Padron (thousand series) which have boring Cubanesque style bands and they are great beginner smokes, at a great price point!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up