Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Are Taboo Cigars gone?
Dunkel 12:27 PM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
I heard they were better than Cubans...:-)
That's not hard to believe. :-)
[Reply]
MikeyC 01:27 PM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
I heard they were better than Cubans...:-)
Was that him? That's a shame. He always seemed like a stand up guy back in the day on Club Stogie.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:39 PM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
Was that him? That's a shame. He always seemed like a stand up guy back in the day on Club Stogie.
No, that's not the same guy we had with the e-mail recently, is it?
[Reply]
shilala 01:54 PM 08-01-2012
I'd have a hard time believing Rob penned that retarded email. It sounds much more on the lines of what this "new owner" would do.
I always thought Rob owned that shop, maybe it's not so?
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 01:54 PM 08-01-2012
Last I remember from Rob was that he got married...
[Reply]
poker 02:07 PM 08-01-2012
Rob Worley updated his cover photo July 18 on FB, so I assume he's still around and associated with Taboo
[Reply]
SvilleKid 02:13 PM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Last I remember from Rob was that he got married...
Well that could explain the radical change!

er.... what's that dear...... No, I didn't say anything..... No, honestly.

Sorry guys, gotta run!!:-)
[Reply]
Cigargal 11:47 AM 08-02-2012
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Glad it is not just me lost in cyberspace. I loved the SFO...nice big fat torpedo perfect for fishing. A good 2 hr smoke. And affordable. A good smoke at a good value.
[Reply]
Cigargal 11:48 AM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by markem:
Marianne! How's my favorite author and rabble rouser?
Hey Mark. How's things? We might be coming your way soon. Our grandson just got a job and apt. in your town. I need to hook him up with the locals so he can get a life :-)
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 12:57 PM 08-02-2012
Really loved those SFO. I have one left that is due for cremation soon. And those Twists were something else.
Great Smokes.
:-)
[Reply]
markem 01:20 PM 08-02-2012
Originally Posted by Cigargal:
Hey Mark. How's things? We might be coming your way soon. Our grandson just got a job and apt. in your town. I need to hook him up with the locals so he can get a life :-)
Nice! The guest room is always at your ready.
[Reply]
Beagleone 09:36 AM 08-03-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'd have a hard time believing Rob penned that retarded email. It sounds much more on the lines of what this "new owner" would do.
I always thought Rob owned that shop, maybe it's not so?
He still owns the shop and the brand.
[Reply]
jledou 02:49 PM 08-03-2012
Emails still come from Rob, Becky and Dan.
[Reply]
Taboo Cigars 08:28 AM 01-27-2013
Hello Inmates!!! I see some old familiar folks on here and I just wanted to say, "Hello"! This was my favorite online cigar forum back when we were working the online business before the Taboo Bar opened. There are some really great people on this forum and I will try to check in here more often. I have been working on marketing our bar more online and ran across this thread.
Anyway, while I'm here I will give everyone an update on the Taboo World. But, first I would like to thank all of you that have done business with us and those of you that are thinking about it.
Since the economy went in the toilet and we lost a ton of mail order customers, our focus shifted to building the Taboo Cigar Bar & Lounge. After just over two years since opening we have just crossed the break even point and should be doing well by this time next year.
We DO NOT kick people out for smoking cigars not purchased from us as long as they are purchasing beverages from the bar. We have kicked out customers for being disrespectful to others and recently kicked out our 5th largest customer for just that. Ha, the fun of dealing with drinkers! Some folks need to just give up hard liquor!
As far as Taboo Cigars go, the Twist and the HSG blends DOMINATE SALES over any brand we have in the humidor when they are in stock. Our cost have drastically gone up on these two blends and we only run about 1000 at a time. The good news is I think the quality is more consistant. We have been selling most all of it local and a couple of times we have pre sold the entire shipment before we get them. (Twist)
Well, I am NOT here to sell anything I really just wanted to give you guys an update and say Hello and Thank You for talking/thinking about us. I will be back to work on Tuesday and would love to talk to any of you if you want to call me. We are expecting a shipment of Twist soon and we will send out an email when they clear customs and pre sell. We currently have a Huge Deal on Taboo HSG Torpedo, 5 for $25. It's really a local deal and not on our website TabooCigars.com but for you guys, call Dan on Monday or Me on Tuesday and if we have any left, we will make sure you get the deal.
Thanks for reading and Have a VERY Blessed Day!
Rob
[Reply]
Dukeuni 09:49 AM 01-27-2013
Happy to hear the Taboo is still around. Sounds like the focus has shifted from cigar production to the shop itself. Dang economy! I still remember winning a bundle of SFO Lanceros from a drawing at the old club stogie days. Man, those are probably a good 5-6 years old now.... Really should pull some out to smoke.
[Reply]
Bax 10:11 AM 01-27-2013
Glad things are looking up for you guys! Some great cigars you've got.
[Reply]
sikk50 12:18 PM 01-27-2013
Great to hear! I've been missing the Twists!
[Reply]
T.G 12:25 PM 01-27-2013
Are they still better than Cubans?

:-)
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 12:26 PM 01-27-2013
Glad to hear you guys are doing well. I've only had 1 of your cigars before and it was amazing. I think I might have one laying around some where. I'll have to dig through my humidors and see if i can find it.
[Reply]
shibby4781 02:41 PM 01-27-2013
Sweet! I can't wait to get my hands on some Twist Robustos when they are back in stock.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up