Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Recon Cigars Anyone know about these?
innovator 08:20 AM 10-22-2012
How far back was that? because I know they reengineered the blend in the Spring. I tried the Recon on several occassions and they were on the money. Well worth the $240 price for the box of 20.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:22 AM 10-22-2012
Originally Posted by innovator:
How far back was that? because I know they reengineered the blend in the Spring. I tried the Recon on several occassions and they were on the money. Well worth the $240 price for the box of 20.
I do not know if any NC cigar is worth $240/box of ten :-). $24/per cigar... NO.

P.S. Welcome to CA! Maybe you should introduce yourself and let us know how you are associated with this product.
[Reply]
innovator 08:25 AM 10-22-2012
Originally Posted by lenguamor:
Gimmicks come and go. Gimmicks that also happen to not be very good go quicker.

Scott made a good point about gluing all those cuts onto the binder; that just can't be good.

The marketing really turns me off, though, from the heavy use of military imagery and symbols to the negative ad against Cuban cigars; it's what puts me off the most aside from the prospect of all that glue.

You know, I hear a lot of *****ing about La Aurora getting a premium for their Preferido tubos, but at least with that you're getting a good cigar. What are you getting when all that torcedor labor goes into gluing all those pieces, and how much of the cigar's cost goes into that packaging? Which leaves exactly how much investment in quality tobacco and blending?
You make some interesting points. But I gotta tell ya, these guys mean business. All the ones I smoked and passed out to my 'aficionado' friends left me yearning for the next. I'll pit them up against any brand in the price range. They did their homework through and through. They get my vote. Besides, I've heard great things about the charity they're partnered with: Hope for the Warriors. That charity vets out their partners before getting involved with them...Happy smoking boys!
[Reply]
innovator 08:37 AM 10-22-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
The camo cigar looks cool, but smoking a whole jar of pectin has to have it's drawbacks.
I tried to navigate the website earlier and couldn't finds pics of the cigars after waiting a few minutes for the flash monster to load.
Great ideas, but I'd be a lot more impressed if they donated a cigar to the troops for every one they sold, just to pay back the fact that they're capitalizing on the whole military theme. THAT would be awesome. I'd buy some and send them to Mac. :-)
I checked them out and they do work with the National Guard in addition to being corporate partner to Hope for the Warriors. For a for-profit business, there seems to be a lot charitable work being done... Bravo! Recon Cigars. I support them.
[Reply]
T.G 08:40 AM 10-22-2012
You make some interesting points. But I gotta tell ya, these guys mean business. All the ones I smoked and passed out to my 'aficionado' friends left me yearning for the next. I'll pit them up against any brand in the price range. They did their homework through and through. They get my vote. Besides, I've heard great things about the charity they're partnered with: Hope for the Warriors. That charity vets out their partners before getting involved with them...Happy smoking boys!
I checked them out and they do work with the National Guard in addition to being corporate partner to Hope for the Warriors. For a for-profit business, there seems to be a lot charitable work being done... Bravo! Recon Cigars. I support them.

I'm curious, do they pay you in cigars for your efforts as a shill or did you actually sign up here to become part of the community?
[Reply]
innovator 08:43 AM 10-22-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I do not know if any NC cigar is worth $240/box of ten :-). $24/per cigar... NO.

P.S. Welcome to CA! Maybe you should introduce yourself and let us know how you are associated with this product.
I'm a 20 year cigar smoker from NYC. I love innovation and creative marketing. Especially when a brand puts their integrity on the line. I love authentic companies and I think this is one of them. There will always be pundits out there and that's cool. But if these guys are doing it RIGHT and doing some good, why knock them? I searched the web thoroughly and this is the only forum where I found with questionable comments.
[Reply]
innovator 08:45 AM 10-22-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:

By the way. It was $240 for a box of 20. Pretty dam good for a 6.5 x 54 Toro
[Reply]
pnoon 08:53 AM 10-22-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
I'm curious, do they pay you in cigars for your efforts as a shill or did you actually sign up here to become part of the community?
Poof!

Into the ether.
[Reply]
T.G 09:05 AM 10-22-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Poof!

Into the ether.

Funny how that happens, huh?
[Reply]
innovator 09:31 AM 10-22-2012
Neither. I'm just as qualified as you are. Just scouring for info I came across this forum and the few comments made. Just giving props where they are due. I dislike reading negativity especially when these folks are trying to do something positive. It's easy to hide behind the vail of the web and sling dirt. Even when unprovoked. Let see you try to come up with a cool, creative idea that appeals to people and puts a smile on their faces. Its easy to go in the other direction isn't it?
[Reply]
T.G 09:35 AM 10-22-2012
Neither. I'm just as qualified as you are. Just scouring for info I came across this forum and the few comments made. Just giving props where they are due. I dislike reading negativity especially when these folks are trying to do something positive. It's easy to hide behind the vail of the web and sling dirt. Even when unprovoked. Let see you try to come up with a cool, creative idea that appeals to people and puts a smile on their faces. Its easy to go in the other direction isn't it?

Show me where I slung dirt at your precious cigar company, shill.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:37 AM 10-22-2012
We have no idea of your qualifications. And you certainly have no idea of Adam's (T.G).

This is not about Recon cigars. This is about the PERCEPTION of someone joining the forum heaping glowing praise on a line of cigars in a thread that was over two months old. Your posts here are consistent with the many shills that have come before you. You may or may not be a shill but your posting behavior sure indicates you are.

Consider the suggestion to join the community and participate. Lots of friendly and knowledgable people here.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:37 AM 10-22-2012
Show me where I slung dirt at your precious cigar company, shill.
Easy, Cowboy.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 09:46 AM 10-22-2012
I dont know if you are affiliated with recon or not. If you are you are not doing them a service right now. As said before this is not a forum that will appreciate a sales pitch. If you want to truly participate here and contribute to conversations on cigars then you would be smart to go introduce your self and let us know more about yourself. Jumping in on a conversation after searching for negative comments about a product is no way to make an entrance here. In this forum a cigar is going to stand on its merits not its advertising. I can appreciate a former Marine who was wounded providing our freedom but he still will not get a pass if his cigars suck. I for one have not tried this cigar yet and at the price I probably wont. I do wish this cigar and every cigar luck as long as it is worth the time to smoke it.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:15 AM 10-22-2012
Checked out the Faceb@@k page that was linked earlier in the thread. Lots of T&A, a few fancy cars and motorcycles, and just about nothing about cigars. To me, that screams all hype and zero substance, but hey, that's my perception.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:26 AM 10-22-2012
By the way. It was $240 for a box of 20. Pretty dam good for a 6.5 x 54 Toro
My mistake, but that is far from "pretty damn good".
[Reply]
357 11:46 AM 10-22-2012
If you were an employee, owner, or even a local carrier of this product/brand, and signed up for CA as such, and properly introduced yourself, we'd welcome your posts with open arms. However, when a new account shows up, doesn't follow the accepted guidlines of introduction, and posts heaping tons of praise on some new product yet claims to be some unbiased unafiliated consumer, it doesn't exactly have the desired effect.
[Reply]
dubleuhb 12:38 PM 10-23-2012
Dunno, 12 bucks a stick/box price is kinda high, especially for an initial entry into the market (as far as I know). When I first seen these a while back my first thought was
''gimmick'', I could see picking up a few for the novelty at say a buck and a half, just enough so they can cover the cost of the tube.
[Reply]
joeobx 06:43 PM 10-23-2012
Hey....give the guy a break. They are probably great cigars if you age them for 3 yrs in one of those fantastic humidors you can buy at Co$tco :-)
[Reply]
bvilchez 08:10 PM 10-23-2012
Originally Posted by joeobx:
Hey....give the guy a break. They are probably great cigars if you age them for 3 yrs in one of those fantastic humidors you can buy at Co$tco :-)
Are you a follower of the rule of 3?:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up