Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
General Discussion>Lunar Landing
Bruzee 05:16 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I vote no on the moon thing, no on sasquatch, yes on JFK, and yes on Nessie.
I'm pretty sure the republicans are behind all of it.
Whoa....... Didn't take long for this to go political... :-)

And yes, I'm Republican...... :-)
[Reply]
Tarks 05:20 PM 08-04-2009
With today's technology you would think someone could take a picture of the exact spot that they landed and planted the flag. Wouldn't that still be there???
[Reply]
Whee 05:20 PM 08-04-2009
Nasa just recently released HD photos taken by a new Moon orbitor that shows the landing sites. There's something there.

I do not believe it was a hoax.

You youngin's who weren't alive then seem to forget that the country was mired in Vietnam, we were in the middle of the Cold War with Russia and the economy was not solid.

NASA had a certain number of rockets to use. Nixon cut funding so the last of the rockets were used for Skylab and the Apollo/Soyuz mission.

I can appreciate the thinking that it was a hoax, but even as evil as our government can be, I doubt this could be kept a secret.

As for 9/11, it was the Garden Gnomes...they are out to get us.:-)
[Reply]
Whee 05:27 PM 08-04-2009
Found it.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LR...ollosites.html
[Reply]
M1903A1 05:35 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by Tarks:
With today's technology you would think someone could take a picture of the exact spot that they landed and planted the flag. Wouldn't that still be there???
It was blown over when the Lunar Module lifted off to return to Earth. As I recall you can see it being blown over in the video footage, and I've read that subsequent moon missions implanted the flag farther from the landing site so it wouldn't be blown over.
[Reply]
M1903A1 05:38 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
If I can't flame anyone who thinks the moon landing was a hoax, I'm out. :-)

But is anyone brings any 9/11 conspriacy bullsh#t to this board, they are gonna get more than they bargained for.....seriously.
FIRE DOESN'T MELT STEEL! < /Rosie O'Donnell >

(Never mind that fire doesn't have to melt steel for a structure to fail...it just has to get it to the plastic state, which is only about 900 degrees F!)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:40 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by M1903A1:
FIRE DOESN'T MELT STEEL! < /Rosie O'Donnell >

(Never mind that fire doesn't have to melt steel for a structure to fail...it just has to get it to the plastic state, which is only about 900 degrees F!)
Too bad they just didn't hijack Rosie instead. :-)
[Reply]
M1903A1 05:43 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by lightning9191:
:-) I think it would be hard to keep a secret among that many people who weren't killed shortly afterwards. Plus the astronauts put a mirror up there to bounce light back. If I recall they put the mirrors up there to get a more accurate reading of the speed of light....but I may be wrong so take that with a grain of salt.
I have a friend whose father was a tool and die maker with a company that was a subcontractor for the space program. I remember my friend describing his father (a stolid, gruff, old-world Pole) practically weeping with joy as he watched the Saturn V liftoffs on TV.

(My friend said the only other time he saw his father so emotional was when Karol Wojtula was elected Pope John Paul II.)
[Reply]
M1903A1 05:43 PM 08-04-2009
I'll second that!
[Reply]
pnoon 05:43 PM 08-04-2009
They couldn't find a big enough plane. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:44 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
They couldn't find a big enough plane. :-)
No, Peter..I meant hijack Rosie....
[Reply]
icehog3 05:45 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by M1903A1:
I have a friend whose father was a tool and die maker with a company that was a subcontractor for the space program. I remember my friend describing his father (a stolid, gruff, old-world Pole) practically weeping with joy as he watched the Saturn V liftoffs on TV.
Imagine his sorrow when he finds out it was all a hoax.

:-)
[Reply]
M1903A1 05:51 PM 08-04-2009
Imagine his sorrow when he finds out it was all a hoax.

:-)
Died in '84, so he met his Maker happy.....
[Reply]
G G 06:01 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I vote no on the moon thing, no on sasquatch, yes on JFK, and yes on Nessie.
I'm pretty sure the republicans are behind all of it.
I was equally sure the democrats were to blame.:-)
[Reply]
Whee 06:02 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by ggainey:
I was equally sure the democrats were to blame.:-)
It was the Whigs. They did it.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 06:09 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I am certain everyone knows the history behind Apollo 11 and it landing on the Moon and the video and assorted photos with Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong.

Does anyone else think it was a hoax?

I am not even a conspiracy theorist or anything of the sort, but something has always sat wrong with me and the lunar landing.

I have wondered why only 6 missions have went to the Moon and why we have not went since the early 70's. Individuals have said that it's because NASA is broke and they are planning to cancel the program. I think that is B.S. -- NASA if in financial trouble, has not always been in trouble.

I also feel that all research that can be done from Earth is great, but Scientists naturally want to get more hands on, especially via the Moon's surface. I'm sorry to rant, but I got to thinking about it and I think it's just another B.S. story by the Government and it's too late for them to admit it, otherwise they would lose credibility.

Discuss?

P.S. If you plan to participate, please don't flame anyone. It's just a discussion, nothing to get mad about. :-)
I watched it on TV; therefore it must be true:-)
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 06:17 PM 08-04-2009
+1 on the mythbusters episode. They did a pretty good job debunking some of the conspiracy theories.
[Reply]
RGD. 06:17 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
. . . but too many things don't add up to me. . . .
Such as???

Ron
[Reply]
yourchoice 06:22 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I think the hoax conspiracy is a hoax, and the landings real.
:-)It doesn't happen often, but I agree with Thomas! :-)
But is anyone brings any 9/11 conspriacy bullsh#t to this board, they are gonna get more than they bargained for.....seriously.
And as happens frequently, I agree with Tom. :-)
[Reply]
ActionAndy 06:33 PM 08-04-2009
My favorite conspiracy is the Denver Airport. As for the moon I have no reason to doubt we went there; I do find it interesting how often anomalies show up in NASA footage.

There's a link somewhere of (I think) Neil Armstrong socking a guy in the mouth for implying that he's a liar. Pretty funny.

Edit: It was Buzz Aldrin.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up