Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Social or Not?
emopunker2004 09:18 PM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
I prefer to smoke with friends, which is how I do 90% of my smoking.
:-) +1
[Reply]
Brutus2600 09:52 PM 11-08-2011
I would choose to smoke with the local crew (or any of you guys) any day of the week, but 4 out of my average 7 smokes a week are by myself.

There is something to be said about the solitude I enjoy on my back porch enjoying the view, but I really do enjoy the company at a good herf :-)
[Reply]
rebelknight 10:00 PM 11-08-2011
When I'm at school I have an awesome crew to smoke with. It's usually my roommate and a good friend, Krishthefish. We also hit some of the B&M's every week and enjoy the company of the guys there. When I'm back home I don't have as many friends who enjoy smoking but I try to turn people on to it and always have a good time no matter what. Either way I prefer smoking with a friend. It's always better than smoking alone.
[Reply]
pektel 10:06 PM 11-08-2011
I wish there were friends/botl's close to me. Almost 100% of the time I smoke alone.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
deadrise 10:09 PM 11-08-2011
well most of my smokes are here with you fine gentlemen during the week.
but I been a bit stir crazy and going to the weekly VCM herf and has been a blast
but is a 2 hour drive one way but gets me out of the house.
now on the weekend I got a nice spot about a mile away with a full bar pool table and good friends to smoke with and with a few drinks in me I go thru cigars like crazy like 10 a weekend.
so yea I would defiantly say social is better
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 12:08 AM 11-09-2011
Alone almost all the time, with my iPad.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 12:14 AM 11-09-2011
I enjoy my smoking time infinitely more when shared with friends then when I am alone. :-)
[Reply]
taltos 06:04 AM 11-09-2011
Since I was ill last year, I have become much more private and enjoy most things including cigars alone on my deck with good reading material and talk radio for listening material.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 07:43 AM 11-09-2011
I enjoy smoking with friends but there are certainly times that I find smoking alone very peaceful and relaxing. I don't know what it is but when I am alone with just my smoke I am able to clear my mind and just simply relax. Weekends are usually spent with great friends so I certainly enjoy burning with them, but weekdays after a long day....sometimes a good smoke and time to reflect does me good.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:09 AM 11-09-2011
I smoke mostly with friends on The Wood.
I do enjoy smoking alone sometimes, like Ken said it can be more peacefull and relaxing.

Of course smoking with friends at a herf is the best!
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:18 AM 11-09-2011
Enjoying a cigar with friends is always preferred, however I smoke alone on most days (many times, I do have friends to text with).
[Reply]
Jefft72 08:54 AM 11-09-2011
Alone, typically from 10-midnight in a comfy chair in the driveway. The neighborhood is dark and peaceful so it is definitely relaxing, but I will usually be surfing on my phone as well. I do enjoy going to the local B&M from time to time.
[Reply]
neoflex 09:45 AM 11-09-2011
I prefer to smoke with friends but unfortunately due to time and the small number of friends who enjoy the hobby I often find myself smoking alone. It's amazing how a mediocre stick can become amazing when enjoyed with great company.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:50 AM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by neoflex:
I prefer to smoke with friends but unfortunately due to time and the small number of friends who enjoy the hobby I often find myself smoking alone. It's amazing how a mediocre stick can become amazing when enjoyed with great company.
True, I also find a great stick can become mediocre with great company.
Sometimes I am too busy having a good time to pay enough attention to my smoke.
[Reply]
bdgile 10:18 AM 11-09-2011
I am about 50%/ 50%. I enjoy having a cigar alone if I just want to get away and relax or if I need to get some work done and make it more bearable. If I had the choice I would probably be with friends. There's nothing like a deep conversation among friends over a stogie!
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 11:05 AM 11-09-2011
I like doing the group thing but alone time is always good... :-)
[Reply]
qsalinas 11:20 AM 11-09-2011
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that has lots of friends that smoke more than I do and a wonderful woman that loves to smoke with as well. :-)
So is very rare that I have to smoke alone. :-)
[Reply]
357 11:26 AM 11-09-2011
I rarely smoke alone. I don't enjoy it nearly as much. I kind of have to be in a certain mood to take the time to smoke alone. I really love smoking with other BOTLs when ever I can. Although, I have a nice heated & ventilated sunroom that I'm pricing out a TV for. Once that is installed, I may end up smoking alone a little more often while watching a game or whatnot.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:32 AM 11-09-2011
I prefer to smoke with friends, but I like to smoke regardless. I don't usually do homework or study with friends, but I find a cigar makes both of these activities more interesting. If I can combine a cigar with any activity I find that activity enhanced whether I an in company or not.
[Reply]
Benwoo 11:50 AM 11-09-2011
I smoke cigars solo while working but prefer to be around friends if possible. I'll usually bring a few sticks to the bar to share with friends while shooting pool. I tend to enjoy my pipes solo, just seems right that way.

Chris
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up