Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
General Discussion>punctuation strike
potlimit 11:49 AM 04-23-2009
iwasranting4giveme
[Reply]
icantbejon 12:18 PM 04-23-2009
I, Jon Ferguson, refuse to fall in with you non-conformists. I will continue to use proper grammatical form, in addition to proper sentence structure, in my posts. You language terrorists will rue the day that you fought the establishment! You will always lose!
[Reply]
Da Klugs 12:59 PM 04-23-2009
the fallacy of those whos only expertise and contribution to a collective is form vs substance is exposed when those providing content withold such content in protest of the cries for conformity the basic lack of acknowledgment of contribution of substance which is the essence of all that is the primary purvey nonconformists make to the collective being just more than can be borne escalation to substantive content withholding is the only refuge for content providers and should such ongoing demands for form escalate substance may be added to the strike
[Reply]
replicant_argent 01:02 PM 04-23-2009
I will no longer use the symbol { in any of my postings from now on, to provide power to the unsung, downtrodden, underground, grammar, punctuation and spelling heroes of our little corner of this great nation.
[Reply]
GKitty 01:03 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by GoatLocker:
no fair using paragraphs to separate thoughts crystal i have edited out your unauthorized formatting and assignned 2 demerits to you for conforming to our grammar nazi oppressors
sometimesthebrainwashinggoestodeep

Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
ohsnapcrystalhegotyou
icantbelieveigotsnappedbyDAVE :-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 01:04 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
the fallacy of those whos only expertise and contribution to a collective is form vs substance is exposed when those providing content withold such content in protest of the cries for conformity the basic lack of acknowledgment of contribution of substance which is the essence of all that is the primary purvey nonconformists make to the collective being just more than can be borne escalation to substantive content withholding is the only refuge for content providers and should such ongoing demands for form escalate substance may be added to the strike

if youre looking for substance you can just skip my posts
[Reply]
replicant_argent 01:06 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
if youre looking for substance you can just skip my posts
I've always wanted you to be on the same list as me, Al!
[Reply]
Da Klugs 01:24 PM 04-23-2009
ylraelc daer tsum siht sdrawkcab tahwemos sgniht evah ecnatsbus sv mrof no sucof taht esoht ecnis

http://www.textreverse.com/
[Reply]
the nub 01:28 PM 04-23-2009
eats shoots and leaves
[Reply]
SeanGAR 01:30 PM 04-23-2009
128 8 169 183 173 118 29 8 55 51 39 48 54 39 51 55 118 7 2 36 30 8 53 53
[Reply]
GKitty 01:31 PM 04-23-2009
ylraelc daer tsum siht sdrawkcab tahwemos sgniht evah ecnatsbus sv mrof no sucof taht esoht ecnis

clearasmud
[Reply]
ahc4353 01:32 PM 04-23-2009

exactly
[Reply]
Da Klugs 01:34 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by the nub:
eats shoots and leaves
answer to why the koala bear is womans best friend :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 01:45 PM 04-23-2009
Make it stop. My head is going to explode! :-)

(I can't do it. My long departed English-teaching grandmother would spin in her grave.)
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:53 PM 04-23-2009
In so many words - "Post Whoring!!!":-)
[Reply]
Cyanide 01:55 PM 04-23-2009
JUST SO YOU KNOW THIS IS HOW THE CANADIAN MILITARY DELIVERS OFFICIAL TACTICAL COMMUNICATIONS THERE IS EVEN A COMPUTER PROGRAM THAT FORMATS THE TEXT TO THIS FORMAT CAPITALIZING ALL LETTERS AND REMOVING ALL PUNCTUATION EVEN POSTING ORDERS COURSE ACCEPTANCE ORDERS AND ANY ORDERS THAT DIRECT OFFICIAL MOVEMENTS ARE ALL FORMATTED THIS WAY

It is quite infuriating, rather quickly. I can't imagine what the tactical advantage could be.

Cheers

John
[Reply]
icantbejon 02:04 PM 04-23-2009
Substance need not be void of order. As a matter of fact, substance loses significance if the reader fails to pick up the nuances of the writer, therefore becoming anything but substance.
[Reply]
icantbejon 02:06 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by Cyanide:
I can't imagine what the tactical advantage could be.

Cheers

John
It prevents conventional decoding techniques from decrypting their communications. Most people will look for the punctuation in order to see where a new directive begins and the old ends. You've just cost the Nucks a super secret to the power of the terrorists. Jerk. :-)
[Reply]
Junior 02:12 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Make it stop. My head is going to explode! :-)

(I can't do it. My long departed English-teaching grandmother would spin in her grave.)
i know how you all feel my mother is a english teacher and gets on my about my punctuation all the time my wife is a critic as well I was trying to better myself but I guess I don’t have to anymore :-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 02:14 PM 04-23-2009
The English teacher in me is screaming over this post.....I hate stream of consciousness. James Joyce drives me up the wall.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up