Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Nub Maduro vs. DPG Firecracker
KenyanSandBoa 12:22 PM 04-16-2010
I like the idea behind the Nubs...get to the sweet spot upon lighting it, but I don't seem to experience that. I've had a few different Nubs, and none really blew me away at all. I thought they were decent smokes if I wanted a quick smoke, or for company, but I have to agree that there are many other smokes I would take over these for the price they demand.
[Reply]
Jbailey 12:39 PM 04-16-2010
DPG!

I tried a pre-release of the nub maduro, I wasn't digging it at all. I pulled off the maduro wrapper and it did taste a tad better.
[Reply]
shilala 12:54 PM 04-16-2010
I see you made the right decision. :-)
Congrats on the firecrackers, they're good stuff. The nubs, not so much.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:59 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:
I like the idea behind the Nubs...get to the sweet spot upon lighting it, but I don't seem to experience that.
Complete marketing :-), Jim. :-)
[Reply]
klipsch 02:47 PM 04-16-2010
I like the idea behind the Nubs...get to the sweet spot upon lighting it, but I don't seem to experience that.
Send me whatever cigars you would like modified to Nubniss. I will carefully calculate where the cigar will needs to be cut so that you are lighting it right at the sweet spot. Hell...I'll extend my offer to whoever would like their favorites turned into Nubs. No point smoking the front 2/3's of the cigar if you don't need to...right? Let's get right to the good stuff.

By sending me your cigars, you accept the conditions that I keep all of the clippings. Check back for my soon to be released new line of cutting edge cigars... FRONTS!!! :-)
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 03:35 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Exactly...kinda bothers me that they can make such a bold claim and not follow through.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 03:38 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by klipsch:
Send me whatever cigars you would like modified to Nubniss. I will carefully calculate where the cigar will needs to be cut so that you are lighting it right at the sweet spot. Hell...I'll extend my offer to whoever would like their favorites turned into Nubs. No point smoking the front 2/3's of the cigar if you don't need to...right? Let's get right to the good stuff.

By sending me your cigars, you accept the conditions that I keep all of the clippings. Check back for my soon to be released new line of cutting edge cigars... FRONTS!!! :-)
I'm sold! Lol Can I send you some Fuentes to start?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 12:29 PM 04-17-2010
Love the nub but ya gotta try 'em both before picking. I can't see spending on a box of neverhads.
[Reply]
dunng 06:54 PM 04-17-2010
I would pick anything DPG over anything NUB! :-)
[Reply]
Starz26 02:16 PM 04-18-2010
Sweet, spot....That is complete BS...

The sweet spot only comes from smoking a cigar down to a certain point, the burning of the tobacco and smoke from the first 1/2 or so compliments and enhances the last half. I fail to see how removing the process of burning the 1st 1/2 of a cigar and starting at the last 1/2 can get you to the sweet spot....

Complete BS.
[Reply]
tomc3084 02:20 PM 04-18-2010
I like the idea behind the Nubs...get to the sweet spot upon lighting it, but I don't seem to experience that. I've had a few different Nubs, and none really blew me away at all. I thought they were decent smokes if I wanted a quick smoke, or for company, but I have to agree that there are many other smokes I would take over these for the price they demand.
I've never, out of the couple Ive had, experienced this "sweet spot" right upon lighting.....Has anyone else, or is this a marketing ploy???
[Reply]
icehog3 02:55 PM 04-18-2010
Originally Posted by tomc3084:
I've never, out of the couple Ive had, experienced this "sweet spot" right upon lighting.....Has anyone else, or is this a marketing ploy???
Bingo.
[Reply]
klipsch 03:21 PM 04-18-2010
I was thinking that Nubs are for those people that want to appear like they smoked a whole cigar...without having smoked one.
[Reply]
pennjones 03:42 PM 04-18-2010
Smoked my first Firecracker yesterday, and yeah, I agree with everyone else here, go with them! It was a spicy delicious little smoke!
[Reply]
Goldie 10:45 PM 04-18-2010
The only sweet spot found with a nub, is the spot in your ashtray where you sit it down, and grab something else.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 08:44 AM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by tomc3084:
I've also had more issues with Nubs than most cigars...one would not stay lit, no matter how hard I tried, and my brother tried a box pressed Cameroon Nub and that thing swelled up like a balloon. I have a couple in my humi, but once those are gone I think I'm all done with Nubs. :-)

Originally Posted by klipsch:
I was thinking that Nubs are for those people that want to appear like they smoked a whole cigar...without having smoked one.
:-):-)
[Reply]
jitzy 09:56 AM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
so very true.

Why not grab a box of something else like a box of Tat Havana VI, the firecrackers were a little dumb (IMHO) and you'll probably be sorry you got the nubs, not that there bad but just very one dimentional and boring. There are so many other great smokes out there in the same price range.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up