Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>CAO Reviews?
G G 07:04 PM 02-25-2010
Had the MX2 and Gold and Brazilia, I liked em pretty good.
[Reply]
smokin5 07:06 PM 02-25-2010
Only one I've had that has impressed me was the Italia.
The rest are 'meh'.
And yes, I've tried the Brazilia, MX2, LX2, Gold, Black & some others that escape me at the moment.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:11 PM 02-25-2010
I like the Brazilias if I am looking for something spicy.

I have had the CX2s, MX2s, Italias, Maduros, Sopranos, Criollos and didn't like any of them, even before I cut back on my NC smoking.
[Reply]
maninblack 07:53 PM 02-25-2010
I'm biased. I like every damn one of them but the Sopranos,Brazilia, MX2, CX2, and La Traviata are my faves.
[Reply]
issues 09:48 PM 02-25-2010
LX2, Brazilia, La Traviata, Gold Maduro, Criollo = Good in my book

Soprano = good but overpriced

America = OK

MX2 = Not very good IMO

That's all I've tried so far. :-)
[Reply]
Mpython24 10:10 PM 02-25-2010
seems like the Brazilia's are the ones that you guys like a lot. i will have to get one soon.
[Reply]
KidRock 10:15 PM 02-25-2010
CAO use to make great cigars. Since there 2nd buy out their cigars have NOT impressed me.

I still love the CAO Soprano even though they do not make it anymore. The LX2 is a great smoke.

Other than that they have gone down hill :-) :-)
[Reply]
Bax 05:03 AM 02-26-2010
Another CAO will never touch my lips again... but that's just me. :-)
[Reply]
sodomanaz 05:41 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by tobii3:
overall....

LX2, MX2, CX2, La Traviata, Brazilia, Criollo and America - All good in my book

Vision, Soprano - overpriced

Gold, Gold Maduro - good if you like the milder side

Italia - a step down from the Brazilia - solid Medium

Cameroon, Maduro and Extreme (L'anniversaire) - the original CAO old favorites

That's about as abbreviated as I can get!!!

:-)
:-) :-)

Though despite the price, the Vision and Soprano are pretty damn good. CI has been dishing out deals on the Sopranos line since the latest buyout of both companies (CI&CAO).

If you can get a box of Visions near $120, that's pretty much what I think they're worth (the humidor was selling at $60 on ebay for a while, though be aware the hygrometer isn't accurate, I still say the box alone is worth $30+). They are great cigars once aged for a year.
[Reply]
Mpython24 06:31 AM 02-26-2010
has CAO always put out quality cigars?
[Reply]
Kreth 07:47 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by Mpython24:
has CAO always put out quality cigars?
With the caveat that I've only been at this a little over a year, I think they're pretty decent. Excellent construction. Some of the flavors just don't suit my palate.
BTW, CI has a decent sampler with most of the regular production sticks. That's how I first tried them. IIRC, it was 4 each of the Black, VR, Brazilia, Italia, and Gold.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Volt 08:04 AM 02-26-2010
Well starting with the standard adage: Like what you smoke and smoke what you like.... I wouldn't let a CAO pass my lips. I have smoked about 7 - 8 differnt ones and all were crap to me. On the other hand, many others like them. I'd say pick out a few and see what grabs you.

edit: I just noticed Bax's post.... Glad I'm not the only one :-)

Originally Posted by Mpython24:
Anyone out there have an opinion on CAO cigars?

I searched on here and nothing came up...

[Reply]
Ferrari5180 08:26 AM 02-26-2010
I have only tried 3 blends from CAO, and I loved all of them. I tried the Italia Gondolas, Anniversary Cameroons and Brazilia Lambada's. I cannot recommend one over the other, as they are all different, but awesome. I am quite happy with CAO for the moment, despite hearing mixed comments. I would like to try the La Traviata, MX2 and LX2 in the near future.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 08:34 AM 02-26-2010
early on, i would smoke some CAOs - golds, italias, brazilias. now, they just bore me. my opinion, they're better at marketing than they are at blending/creating cigars.
[Reply]
Zanaspus 11:10 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
early on, i would smoke some CAOs - golds, italias, brazilias. now, they just bore me. my opinion, they're better at marketing than they are at blending/creating cigars.
:-) They make nothing that makes me say, "I gotta have a box!"
[Reply]
maninblack 11:19 AM 02-26-2010
C'mon..no love for CAO's? J/K, like Volt said, Like what you smoke, smoke what you like.
[Reply]
Aldebaran 12:29 PM 02-26-2010
Brazilia and MX2 are some good cigars and I've heard some good things about the Traviata. I figure though some might let the band get in the way of their smoking experience.
[Reply]
njstone 05:12 PM 02-26-2010
CAO is a solid brand. It's worth a sample of each stick to see what you think. I love a lot of expensive stuff, but I still smoke a ton of CAO/Rocky Patel/Perdomo/etc.

I love:
Black
Brazilia
Gold (aged 2002)

I really like:
Soprano
Itaila robusto
MX2
LX2
Criollo (aged 2004)

I like:
Cameroon
Maduro
Gold (fresh)
America

I have NOT YET HAD the La Traviata or the Vision, which are two of their most highly-rated cigars. I'm particularly interested in trying the La Traviata, since the price point is so nice.
[Reply]
South Shield 05:16 PM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Yeah, they suck. :-)
I'm starting to think you just don't like cigars :-)
[Reply]
macpappy 05:38 PM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by tobii3:
overall....

LX2, MX2, CX2, La Traviata, Brazilia, Criollo and America - All good in my book

:-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up