Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Cigar forums - one-woman man or player?
camiller 06:54 AM 06-14-2011
One Cigar forum, one Homebrewing forum, one Gun forum.

Don't post a lot, but have been around since CS.
[Reply]
Davis 07:59 AM 06-14-2011
Ive been a moderator on a photography forum, and a memeber of vwvortex/thecarlounge for 10+ years. This is the only cigar forum for me though. I like it here.
[Reply]
taltos 08:05 AM 06-14-2011
I used to belong to several boards (I guess that I still do) but since I found the gorillas and then was referred to this board as a worthy successor, this is the primary board for me although I do not spend as much time on boards as I used to. My attention span is not what it was prior to having several strokes last fall so I am much less active than in the past. That being said, I have always been made to feel welcome and valued on boards run by the Team of Eleven and have tried to treat all members, new and old the same way.:-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:11 AM 06-14-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-) We are glad you all consider this "home". :-)
We sure are :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:13 AM 06-14-2011
I participate on three forums: here (cigarasylum.com), a Reds forum (cincinnati.com), and the Panthers forum (carolinahuddle.com). Cigars, baseball, and football. I enjoy all three places, but this one (or CS) was my first experience with an internet forum and the place where I participate the most. I consider this one to be home.
[Reply]
shilala 08:16 AM 06-14-2011
I'm a member at a bunch of other forums, but I seldom if ever visit. I usually just check them out when I need to learn something. I just hang out here. It's good people, and that's hard to come by.
[Reply]
Wanger 08:26 AM 06-14-2011
I'm someone with multiples. My first cigar forum was acutally Cigar Family (the Fuente/Newman board, which I found while searching for Opus distrubutors and my true addiction started). I was there exclusively, until I found out a friend thought he was being targeted over at CS, and I had to join to help the Gorillas hit him. :-) Been here since the site opened and haven't been on the fishy board in over a year, I believe. Don't even remember my login over there. I know a few people are crossovers at CF and here at CA. The sites both have a rather different mentality, but I'm not leaving either of them. :-)

I guess I'm a 2-timer, but I don't think you can have too many smoking buddies, now, can you? :-)

And I'll echo the previous sentiments...thank you to the TOe for all you've done to make CA the insanity filled home that it is. :-):-)
[Reply]
Blindjimme 09:19 AM 06-14-2011
Home :-)
[Reply]
J.W. 10:23 AM 06-14-2011
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
I'm old-school. I'm a one-woman man. This is my cigar home. I don't venture. I don't care to know what else is out there. I see new faces come and go, but I get a sense of security seeing the same old guys I've been following cigars and life events for going on 4 years now. BTW, this is also the only forum of any type I participate in. I'm an avid Internet user, but I get my buddy fix here.

Again, thanks goes out to the TOE for a sweet meeting place. Home is where the heart is. (and an ad-free home at that!)

Time for an LCG #3. :-)
WELL said.
I lurk alot and post little. This place is more friendly than any of the car & knife boards I frequent. You all seem to truly like oneanother. I think it's because of the physical enjoyment cigars bring and the sharing of knowledge acrued over your time as a BOTL.

Regards to you all;
J.W.
[Reply]
poker 10:42 AM 06-14-2011
Originally Posted by J.W.:
... You all seem to truly like one another....
Dont tell anyone but its all the meds we hand out :-)
[Reply]
markem 10:45 AM 06-14-2011
Originally Posted by poker:
Dont tell anyone but its all the meds we hand out :-)
But the reality is that the TOE just does it better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqJxyuTMMog&NR=1
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:04 AM 06-14-2011
This is the only cigar forum, and before this there was only CS. Haven't been to the puffplace in awhile, in fact if I'm doing a web search on cigars I usually check the url before hitting anything linked there. Just too much crap to wade through, although Mr. Lovebiscuit :-) does raise a good point.

I also belong to a homebrewing forum, but I rarely participate there, just lurk.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up