Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Strongest cigar you've ever smoked?
jjirons69 08:31 AM 12-12-2013
I agree with the LFD statements, but the old blend of El Rico Habano were some of the meanest smokes I've ever tried. Papajohn gifted me several back in the day. Seems every one of them nearly put me down, green with the cold sweats. Needless to say I haven't had one in many years, not even the newer blends. I don't see it in my near future either. Not a fan of getting punched in the gut.
[Reply]
DirtRider500R 09:04 AM 12-12-2013
Strongest one to date was a Man O' War Little Devil. The only one I've ever lost my stomach from was a Montecristo Tubo Special. I didn't light up a stick for more than a week after that.
[Reply]
Ogre 09:11 AM 12-12-2013
Just one word, PVNISHER!!!!!!
[Reply]
Heavy_d 09:13 AM 12-12-2013
JdN Antaņo Dark Corojo. Was a great stick, but when I stood up after finishing it off, my head was swimming.
[Reply]
Lockspur 09:51 AM 12-12-2013
Diesel Unlimited on an empty stomach. Had to go lie down.
[Reply]
dvickery 10:02 AM 12-12-2013
two cigars come to mind ... both strong as death ... a surprise because they are/were both Cuban cigars .

'89 Belinda belvederes

'97 ryj tres petit coronas

derrek
[Reply]
shilala 10:03 AM 12-12-2013
I was smoking an Anejo Shark one time on the way to see my tax guy, and I got a stellar buzz. It was awesome, because I searched high and low for super strong cigars that'd kick my ass. The only other one was the turd that Hal sent me. It was a Toscano Cheroot.
I did a review on it back at our old place, before the Evil Empire arrived.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:39 PM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by shilala:
I was smoking an Anejo Shark one time on the way to see my tax guy, and I got a stellar buzz. It was awesome, because I searched high and low for super strong cigars that'd kick my ass. The only other one was the turd that Hal sent me. It was a Toscano Cheroot.
I did a review on it back at our old place, before the Evil Empire arrived.
Flew to Louisville one morning for a herf after getting no sleep the night before. Don Jefe met me at the airport with a Shark, which I smoked in an hour waiting for Da Klugs' flight to get in.

Let's just say I needed some food, fast. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 01:10 PM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by Heavy_d:
JdN Antaņo Dark Corojo. Was a great stick, but when I stood up after finishing it off, my head was swimming.
Smoked one on the river one day, just mouth held it the entire time and sucked in more smoke than I should have, was damn near "swimming with the fishes" that day!!
[Reply]
Ender 01:11 PM 12-12-2013
The Tatuaje Fausto lit me up a bit. I like Tatuaje a lot but was a little disappointed with the lack of flavor:strength ratio of the Fausto.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 01:44 PM 12-12-2013
I've never had a cigar that impacted me physically. Until this year.

I'm still not completely sure if it was the gar, or if I was a bit under the weather, or if dinner didn't agree with me, or what the 'ell happened. But I suspect it was the smoke. A few months back I lit up a LFD Mysterio. It's a good sized manly smoke, and I'd never tried one before. It took me probably a couple hours to finish it, and when I was done I was sweating and feeling a bit nauseous. Only time I've ever felt that after smoking. I don't know if the Mysterio was really that strong, or if I'm just turning into a lightweight in my dotage. It really took me off guard. Hurt my feelings. Even made me feel a little wimpy. :-)

I've got another Mysterio sitting in the death row humi ready to go. That sucker and I are going to dance before long.
[Reply]
Remo 01:53 PM 12-12-2013
Now that I have quit chewing I can really feel the NickyTeen in fuller smokes!!
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 02:08 PM 12-12-2013
Original release of El Rico Habano. It totally knocked me on my butt. They came up with a new blend sometime in the late 90's I believe that was not near as strong. Ernie Carrillo gave me his personal blend ERH at Cigarfest in 2008 that matched the original strength but had better flavor. I wish he would have given me a box.

MCS
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:35 PM 12-12-2013
Essencia...the first three of these I smoked brought tears to my eyes, made me feel "woozy", light headed and head spinning. I stayed away from them for almost three years. This stick was my "kryptonite" up until I re-visited it a few months ago. Really enjoyed the flavors on it without the tears.

Now I can eat LFDs for breakfast. :-)
[Reply]
riverdawg 04:32 PM 12-12-2013
Only one to ever hit me hard with a nic kick was the first Tat M-80 I smoked. Hasn't happened since with them.
[Reply]
Garbandz 04:55 PM 12-12-2013
Litto Gomez Diez 2006.this cigar made Litto hurl.......TWICE ...the same day......
I smoked one in 2012.........started seeing spots and getting woozy.in 40 years of smoking cigars,the winner in the strength contest...........
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 05:01 PM 12-12-2013
I smoked a bunch of cigs when I was in college and so far I haven't had one drop me yet. The strongest cigar I've had is probably a fresh PSD4 or an OR FFP
[Reply]
Zanaspus 05:18 PM 12-12-2013
One of the many of thousands of Viaje's. I'm old, have no memory, and don't like power anymore.
[Reply]
Smoqman 05:31 PM 12-12-2013
Without question, Joya de Nicaraqua Robusto (oscuro) circa' 1998 (summer)

I bought a box of these and took them on a fishing trip. The instant my lips touched that cigar, they were numb, and the nic....... oh my god the nic.....ON - MY - ASS, and I've always loved full-strength cigars.

Man, I remember that as if it was 5 minutes ago (getting dizzy thinking about it)
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 05:42 PM 12-12-2013
Had a jj Maduro make me sweat and spin a bit. Had to pull off the road and walk around for a while after that one. Only ones I can recall making me hurl was a benchmade cazador while working in 100 degree heat: and a Monte 4 with morning coffee :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 34 > Last »
Up