Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>What should I try next?
Starscream 07:32 PM 07-26-2009
Padron Anniversary 64
any of the 64s are great.
[Reply]
Kreth 07:33 PM 07-26-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
From your current list of go-to's and favorites, it looks like you are enjoying maduro wrappers.
Yeah, the majority of the sticks in my humi are maduro, although strength is another consideration. I haven't really cared for anything too mild.
On the other end of the spectrum, I didn't really care for the CAO Italia, for example. I smoked a few a found them strong but not very flavorful. I think it's similar to the way I only enjoy spicy food up to the point that it becomes all about the heat. I can't enjoy food if my entire mouth is burning and I can't discern any layers of flavor.
Originally Posted by :
I would continue to explore these as they seem to suit your tastes at the moment. From there you can venture out into other wrappers from the brands you like the most.
Perfectly sensible. I added your suggestions to my list. My UPS guy is gonna expect a Christmas bonus by the time I get done. :-)
[Reply]
flat6nut 07:42 PM 07-26-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I bid on some Short Stories on cbid (I believe) a while back, but they ended up going a little higher than I wanted to spend. Do you have a favorite vitola?
I just had a Short Story after dinner...I have prolly smoked 20 SS's in the last month...but my fave vitola is the Perfect Story, they are a little bit larger than the SS.
[Reply]
Kreth 10:35 PM 07-28-2009
I think I just made out pretty well on cbid:
5er Man O War Special Edition Figurado
Top Shelf Taster Sampler
- 5 Vegas Cask-Strength II Epicure
- Padilla Series 68 Toro
- Rocky Patel Decade Toro
- Graycliff 1666 Presidente
- Gran Habano 3 Siglos Torpedo
Total cost, about $45 shipped :-)
[Reply]