Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Entertainment>Whale Wars
Volusianator 09:01 AM 06-12-2010
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
No, they're whaling under a law that allows them so many whales per year for "research"
I agree that they're probably just profiting with most whales and not doing research, but if that's the case then the law needs to be revisited to reduce the number of whales they can take.

Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
That's the kicker that makes the Whale Wars guys borderline (and sometimes) be the ones breaking the law, because while it's awful, the Japanese are technically not doing anything against the law.
And that's why I asked the question to begin with. My wife and I watch the show from time to time and I've always taken the stance that, "I think what the Japanese are doing is not illegal, and if I'm right, I'd fight back a little harder." Hell, the hippies toss those acid stink bombs onto the decks of the whale ships, why don't the whale ships shoot that **** out of their water cannons! I think that'd get their point across.
[Reply]
Volusianator 09:02 AM 06-12-2010
The captain of the hippies also has been shown several times saying that he asks his crew if they're "willing to lose their life to save a whale"? Hell no!
[Reply]
blugill 09:15 AM 06-12-2010
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
The captain of the hippies also has been shown several times saying that he asks his crew if they're "willing to lose their life to save a whale"? Hell no!
Exactly.
I'd give him a modicum of respect if Paul Watson actually did something to show he was serious.

The international laws need to be revised for stricter monitoring of whaling or an all out ban on any commercial whaling. I know some Arctic tribes whale but they use primitive methods and catch few per year.
[Reply]
T.G 09:22 AM 06-12-2010
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
And that's why I asked the question to begin with. My wife and I watch the show from time to time and I've always taken the stance that, "I think what the Japanese are doing is not illegal, and if I'm right, I'd fight back a little harder." Hell, the hippies toss those acid stink bombs onto the decks of the whale ships, why don't the whale ships shoot that **** out of their water cannons! I think that'd get their point across.
So would one well placed "accidentally discharged" explosive harpoon.

"Security. Security. Security. This is the whaling vessel Ahab calling the M/V Hippie Dumbass, you appear to be taking on water from a 3' breech in your starboard side, do you require assistance? Over."

If that doesn't get the message accross, shoot one in through the bridge wing door. "oops. So sorry about your navigational electronics. Want us to raidio Smith Brothers Deep Sea towing for you?"
[Reply]
mithrilG60 11:37 AM 06-12-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
To be honest, I think that turning this into a TV show for the world to be entertained it a little disgusting. I commend the men who try to keep immoral and unlawful whalers from taking more than they deserve, but to tout it around to get ratings is low. I wont be watching it.
… and this right here is the main problem with the enviro-terrorist groups like The SeaSheppard Society, Greenpeace, the ALF, etc. They are about raising money and their public profile (aka raise more money). They don't bother showing up for real environmental issues and/or issues, but if looks cute or shocking on a poster they're all over it? Where were they when the Northern Cod was being fished into virtual extinction, yet they're on the ice flows every year protesting the seal hunt (an animal that is so over populated now that they're outstripping their food sources). I have so little time for these environmental hippy idealists. :-)
[Reply]
357 01:08 PM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
… and this right here is the main problem with the enviro-terrorist groups like The SeaSheppard Society, Greenpeace, the ALF, etc. They are about raising money and their public profile (aka raise more money). They don't bother showing up for real environmental issues and/or issues, but if looks cute or shocking on a poster they're all over it? Where were they when the Northern Cod was being fished into virtual extinction, yet they're on the ice flows every year protesting the seal hunt (an animal that is so over populated now that they're outstripping their food sources). I have so little time for these environmental hippy idealists. :-)
Paul Watson is no hippy idealist. He's a terrorist.

The website http://activistcash.com brings to light some tax exempt organizations that encourage or take part in terrorists activities

Under the “About Us” page on http://activistcash.com/aboutUs.cfm
At ActivistCash.com, we follow the money -- for you.
This site, created by the Center for Consumer Freedom, is committed to providing detailed and up-to-date information about the funding source of radical anti-consumer organizations and activists. We have analyzed over 410,000 pages of IRS documents to create this database, and new information will be added every month.

Here’s their page on Sea Shepherd. This stuff is truly shocking.
http://activistcash.com/organization...vation-society

Some quotes for Paul Watson, leader of SSCS:
http://activistcash.com/biography_qu...70-paul-watson

Paul Watson Quotes

“We should never feel like we’re going too far in breaking the law, because whatever laws you break to liberate animals or to protect the environment are very insignificant compared to the laws that are broken by that parliament of whores in Washington. They are the biggest lawbreakers, the biggest destroyers, the biggest mass-murderers on this planet right now.”
— Paul Watson, at the Animal Rights 2002 convention

“Animal Liberation Front tactics are going to continue. There’s not a damned thing you can do about it, you’re not going to stop it. So you might as well incorporate it into the movement.”
— “Animal Rights 2002” convention, Jun 2002

“The fact is that we live in an extremely violent culture, and we all justify violence if it’s for what we believe in.”

“There’s nothing wrong with being a terrorist, as long as you win. Then you write the history.”

“If you don’t know an answer, a fact, a statistic, then ... make it up on the spot.”
— Paul Watson, in Earthforce: An Earth Warrior’s Guide to Strategy

“We should never feel like we’re going too far in breaking the law, because whatever laws you break to liberate animals or to protect the environment are very insignificant.”

“There are 30-million plus species on this planet. They’re all earthlings. They’re all equal. Some are more “equal” than others, I admit: earthworms are far more valuable than people.”

“There’s nothing wrong with being a terrorist, as long as you win. Then you write the history.”
— Sierra Club board member Paul Watson, at the Animal Rights 2002 convention
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up