Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Pin-stripe cigars...
ajacobs 02:22 PM 03-03-2011
I can't help but think "gimmick" each time I see them.
[Reply]
T.G 02:25 PM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Are you serious?
OMG!!!
I have a full box of these that I have been aging.:-):-):-)
Why bother? If they're in your humidor, they'll just end up being plugged. :-)
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 02:29 PM 03-03-2011
WOW, thank you all for the wealth of information.

My last question, are they worth spending the $$$???
[Reply]
markem 02:31 PM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Oh, and while we are on the subject of barber poles, there is no such thing as a Cuban barberpole cigar. If you ever see one of the infamous Cohiba 35th or 40th barber poles, run away, they are FAKE FAKE FAKE.
says you. I was so lucky to score the last 4 unopened boxes on that Miami beach.
[Reply]
T.G 02:42 PM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by ajacobs:
I can't help but think "gimmick" each time I see them.
It is a gimmick, but it's one with a valid purpose and actual added value in many cases.

The helical barber pole allows the use of multiple different wrappers for flavor - and it's snazzy looking sitting on the shelf of the walk in.

In the case of the JdN Cabinetta, the dark criollo was added to the head of the cigar to give a better mouthfeel to the cigar and spicy flavor and tingle on the lips because the (Ecuadorian) Connecticut has a slimy, soapy texture and soapy flax seed taste on your lips. Pick one up and before you cut it or light it, wet your lips and put it in your mouth backwards, hold it there for a moment, then flip it around so that the criollo is in your mouth, go back and forth a few times, and you should pick up on the icky conneticut capa mouthfeel that Cuenca wanted to avoid and used the criollio to give a better feel and enhance the cigar.

The Padilla, no comment.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 02:45 PM 03-03-2011
Oh, and while we are on the subject of barber poles, there is no such thing as a Cuban barberpole cigar. If you ever see one of the infamous Cohiba 35th or 40th barber poles, run away, they are FAKE FAKE FAKE.
Those aren't even rolled the same direction. Somewhere in the 3rd world there is a right handed and left handed pare of counterfeit torcedores.
[Reply]
T.G 02:51 PM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:
WOW, thank you all for the wealth of information.

My last question, are they worth spending the $$$???
Welcome.

That question could be asked of any cigar really. I think most cigars are worth at least a try at some point, you never know what you will find that you happen to like. Because you might not like one barber pole or dual wrapper cigar, doesn't mean you'll dislike all of them. It's like any other cigar, some manufacturers will make cigars you like, some will make those that you don't.
[Reply]
Remo 02:54 PM 03-03-2011
JaKaaH just bombed me a Taboo one and I can't wait to try it!! It smells awesome.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 02:56 PM 03-03-2011
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 03:01 PM 03-03-2011
In the case of the JdN Cabinetta, the dark criollo was added to the head of the cigar to give a better mouthfeel to the cigar and spicy flavor and tingle on the lips because the (Ecuadorian) Connecticut has a slimy, soapy texture and soapy flax seed taste on your lips. Pick one up and before you cut it or light it, wet your lips and put it in your mouth backwards, hold it there for a moment, then flip it around so that the criollo is in your mouth, go back and forth a few times, and you should pick up on the icky conneticut capa mouthfeel that Cuenca wanted to avoid and used the criollio to give a better feel and enhance the cigar.
Adam, are you free Friday evening?
[Reply]
T.G 03:07 PM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
Adam, are you free Friday evening?
Anything for you big boy.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 03:11 PM 03-03-2011
Welcome.

That question could be asked of any cigar really. I think most cigars are worth at least a try at some point, you never know what you will find that you happen to like. Because you might not like one barber pole or dual wrapper cigar, doesn't mean you'll dislike all of them. It's like any other cigar, some manufacturers will make cigars you like, some will make those that you don't.
Very true, THANK YOU very much... :-)
[Reply]
bigswol2 03:13 PM 03-03-2011
I like the Fuente Between the Lines. Nice mild/med smoke but a tad pricey!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 03:20 PM 03-03-2011
Anything for you big boy.
:-):-)
Originally Posted by bigswol2:
I like the Fuente Between the Lines. Nice mild/med smoke but a tad pricey!
:-) Tampa Sweetheart's price on the little 6 pack sampler is reasonable.

I like the Taboo Twists, but they are almost always too darned tight. If you can still find the RP Double Fusion give one or two a shot. Didn't care for the CAO Am. that I smoked.
[Reply]
SDmate 03:20 PM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
:-):-):-)
:-)
so you like the taste so floor sweepings & pubic hair......
[Reply]
neoflex 03:35 PM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by SDmate:
:-)
so you like the taste so floor sweepings & pubic hair......
You don't?:-)
[Reply]
bajaraider 04:06 PM 03-03-2011
I have been sitting on a couple of CAO Americas. I did not know so many of these were out there. I have also had the La Gloria two wrapper. It was delicious! :-)
[Reply]
md4958 04:06 PM 03-03-2011
As usual, great information Adam.
[Reply]
T.G 04:10 PM 03-03-2011
Thanks Moe.
[Reply]
Bill86 04:29 PM 03-03-2011
The question is are the "Cohiba" Barberpoles as good as the Cohibos or the Glass top "Cohibas"? Which ones the real dogrocket :-). I would buy them as a gag gift to mess with people.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up