Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>looking for a good online store
pektel 11:28 AM 06-13-2012
I just did a quick google search, and didn't find anything about having to be 21. I DID see that alaska, utah, a couple other states, as well as 3 counties in New York the minimum age is 19.
[Reply]
smitty81 11:29 AM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
I just did a quick google search, and didn't find anything about having to be 21. I DID see that alaska, utah, a couple other states, as well as 3 counties in New York the minimum age is 19.
+1
[Reply]
pektel 11:39 AM 06-13-2012
Now that I think about it, it may have something to do with shipping regulations/restrictions. Not necessarily the legal age to purchase.
[Reply]
area51 01:42 PM 06-13-2012
Atlantic Cigar all the way. Famous as well.
[Reply]
FriendlyMan 05:35 PM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
What states must you be 21?
In NYS they even have the right to ask for I.D.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 05:49 PM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by FriendlyMan:
what are you talking about?
[Reply]
forgop 08:00 PM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by FriendlyMan:
LMK when they require buyers to scan/attach their drivers license to buy cigars.

I think purchasing alcohol is different in that the carrier will check ID when making a delivery, but the age verification for tobacco purchases is basically done by the honor system.
[Reply]
FriendlyMan 08:11 PM 06-13-2012
Sorry, I wasn't talking about mail. I'm talking about in any store to buy tabbaco. Here in Nyc for sure, if they have anyvreason to believe yourvnot 21. They even ask teenagers to go in to stores to inspect, if they'll sell.

Originally Posted by forgop:
LMK when they require buyers to scan/attach their drivers license to buy cigars.

I think purchasing alcohol is different in that the carrier will check ID when making a delivery, but the age verification for tobacco purchases is basically done by the honor system.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up