Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Leaving your Son/Daughter - College Support Thread
cbsmokin 08:46 AM 08-27-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
I received a very nice PM from this guy this morning. He's far from an idiot, actually, based on that PM he's a stand up guy in my book.

I think I might have made one or two posts I wish I could of had back in my time here. :-)

I'm a jokester myself. Just didn't see the need / appropriateness in this thread.

Man up approved. :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 06:02 PM 07-07-2014
Found this old thread, I was thinking of starting one myself. My oldest daughter left for school yesterday. I thought I was going to be the solid parent, while my wife was a mess...guys don't cry. We took her to the airport and dropped her off...I was right mom was a mess. And I was good...till I got home. I'm a mess. Its much better today, but still it hurts. One of the things I keep going over, are the missed opportunities. My wife says don't beat yourself up..but I look back and I feel like I wasn't the Dad that I set out to be...at least the last few years. And it hurts. Too many times I was selfish or lazy and didn't take opportunities to do something with her.

I am debating sending her some letters, and maybe care packages. Not that it will make up for those missed opportunities, but I remember when I went to school and the Army .. I liked getting the letters...and emails are too blah.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:07 PM 07-07-2014
There will be lots more opportunities throughout your lives, Kirk, and I know you'll take full advantage. :-)
[Reply]
azar 08:25 PM 07-07-2014
Kirk I will be going through this on the 25th of this month our first one to leave and scares the hell out of me! Mom and Dad both will be a mess pretty sure of that and to add to the pot her "boy freind" is moving with her.
At this point all we can do is hope that we have done our best we could.
Good luck
Mack
[Reply]
pnoon 08:34 PM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by azar:
we have done our best we could.
Once they become young adults, our influence as parents is pretty much done.
We do our best to provide them with a start in life. What they do with it is up to them and beyond our control.

We still worry and hope they make wise choices but it's in their hands.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up