Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Entertainment>True Grit (2010)
Chainsaw13 08:23 AM 01-11-2011
Not having seen the original, maybe just bits and pieces, I had nothing to really compare it to when i saw the new release Friday. I really enjoyed it. Like Darrell, I'd give it a 8/10. The girl who played Maddie really blew me away. Her determinedness, with a splash of naiveity, was well done.
[Reply]
hscmit 08:40 AM 01-11-2011
Jess and I went last week and both really enjoyed it
dialog was great, the girl and bridges were both excellent
[Reply]
mpd340 08:45 AM 01-11-2011
I liked the subtle diffrences between the original. Overall I would give it a solid 8/10.
[Reply]
JaKaacH 11:23 AM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Can anyone compare this to the original, my dad loves the original and he's skeptical about watching this. As I am but it is a Cohen brothers movie and the big lebowski is damn near god to me. Coincidentally I am drinking a white russian right now, mines quite jacked up I'll admit.
I bet he will enjoy it. I would take him, I was skeptical too, but Coen bros are the best movie makers currently in the business. Should be in the top ten all time.
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Just seen it, Bridges did a nice job, but save your money it will be out on DVD soon enough.
I give it a C+.
Most Coen period movies are a lot better on the big screen, IMHO. Go early get the matinée price.
[Reply]
chand 12:14 PM 01-22-2011
After reading the thread, I'll have to bump the movie up in the viewing order. The trailer didn't do anything for me when it was first shown, but I must admit it has grown on me.
[Reply]
Powers 12:26 PM 01-22-2011
The best movie I've seen in theaters since the Dark Knight! :-)
[Reply]
BFallehy 12:37 PM 01-22-2011
I have to agree with most everyone on this thread, this movie is very good and well worth price of admission in the theatres. :-)

I plan on picking it up when it hits dvd, but I would say see it on the big screen before it leaves.
[Reply]
Thammy 02:20 PM 01-22-2011
This was one of the best westerns to come out in the last 10 or 15 years. Of course it is the Coen brothers. I won't elaborate on scenes I found great just in case anyone reading this has not seen it. Why is everyone so conflicted about this and the John Wayne one though. It is not a remake, they are just different adaptations of the same book. Unless they deliberately tried to make it like the older one, like Gus Van Sant did with his shot for shot remake of Psycho.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up