Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>It has been a while
Weelok 12:00 AM 06-23-2016
I was thinking of you Rev. Glad you posted and Peace of the Lord to you and your family.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:52 PM 06-23-2016
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Good To Hear From You, Todd, & Enjoy That "Retirement", Brother!:-):-)
Oh no, not retiring for QUITE a while. I am a poor pastor.

I live in a parsonage, a home owned by the congregations I serve. So, in hopes of building some equity, we purchased a home that we will be able to retire to when the time comes. In the meantime, it is a cabin up north.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:56 PM 06-23-2016
Poor Pastor?

Wow! This thread is dripping with an EXTRA edition of the CA Newsletter hot off the press:-):-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:06 AM 06-24-2016
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Poor Pastor?

Wow! This thread is dripping with an EXTRA edition of the CA Newsletter hot off the press:-):-)
:-)
[Reply]
357 10:45 AM 06-24-2016
Glad to see your posts Todd. Lately I too have drifted from CA but I always find my way back. I hope the new place is everything you hoped for. I really hope to take you up on your generous offer to host guests one day.
[Reply]
poker 11:39 PM 06-24-2016
Open herf at todd's!!!

:-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:37 AM 06-25-2016
Congratulations on the new place, Todd. Glad all is well.

Peace of the Lord be also with you!
[Reply]
mahtofire14 10:07 AM 06-25-2016
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Well, I see it has been at least 7 months since my last visit to CA.

Someone did ask privately how I am doing, they were concerned because they had not seen me here in quite a while.

Well, there are no worries. I am doing well. Life has been crazy though, and sometimes certain things just need to be moved back on the priority list.

I will say that there are many here that I missed, and that was a byproduct of my decision to avoid the Asylum because I have a disease called CDD (Cigar Discussion Disorder), a cousin of CAD, PAD, & TAD. I can sit here and read thread after thread after thread, and all of a sudden 3-4 hours are just gone. Maybe it is a problem of self-control.

So, I simply stayed away.

I thought I'd drop in, say hello, and let you know I will be around - but less frequently.

One tidbit is that we sold the old "cabin" (really just a dilapidated mobile home) which was about 2.5 hours away, and bought a home to which we will retire. It is about 50 minutes away, and Pauline even enjoys going up there. It is, like the previous one, a "no internet zone," but that can be a blessing. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, split level ranch with an open concept dining/living room, spacious kitchen, rec room with a bar, 3-season room, 2-car attached garage, and a basement. So, if someone wants to come visit, y'all are welcome.

Selling and buying was a big part of why I have been absent.

Anyway, I have rambled on enough.

Looking forward to "talking" with old friends and maybe making some new ones.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Hey Rev! Great to hear from you again. If your travels bring you to the Twin Cities still let us know. It'd be great to get together again! Glad to hear things are going well.
[Reply]
Dave128 07:27 AM 06-28-2016
Welcome back, Todd!
[Reply]
Conch Republican 08:47 AM 06-28-2016
Good to hear from you man!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 12:51 PM 06-30-2016
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Poor Pastor?

How about you just grab a couple fishing poles and come for a visit.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up