Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Birthday cigar recommendations
FelonyRuckus 04:18 PM 03-30-2011
Originally Posted by Nathan King:
All in one day? Holy ****! I'd die of nicotine poisining, but I'd die a happy man.
for my 40th recently I smoked 2 Behike BHK 54s, 1 BHK 56, AVO LE '10 and a Padron 46. It was pretty magical...oh yes...also was sipping on Jack Daniels Silver Select (if you don't know what it is, you just don't know) So, yeah it was a great day of decadence. Got a shave and some great steaks and it was amazing!
[Reply]
Zeuceone 04:24 PM 03-30-2011
cant go wrong with a Padron.
[Reply]
TBone 05:16 PM 03-30-2011
If I had to say it would be Olivia O Blue Silks...though the reds silks are great too.
[Reply]
Volt 04:59 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by FelonyRuckus:
Padron Family Reserve 45th anniversary natural or maduro...the natural is lighter than the maduro of course. But, both are very amazing.
Padron Family Reserve 40th anniversary...stronger full bodied cigar
Padron Family Reserve 80th anniversary natural/maduro...IMHO the strongest of the Padron Family Reserve
Padron Family Reserve 46th anniversary and it comes in either natural or madruo ...is very nice, I like it because it's not as strong as the 45th...and the ring gauage lends itself well to the feel in your hand. It also makes for a cooler smoke.
Cohiba Behike BHK 54...creamiest of all and my personal favorite. If i could afford to smoke these all day and night, I would do it!!
Davidoff Double R...this is a good one to start with because it's lighter than all the others. I can literally smoke these all day as a matter of fact i smoke 4 yesterday.

In order of what i would smoke...
I would do the Davidoff first because of how light it smokes.
Then I would do the the Padron 46 natural
Next I would have to say Padron 45 natural
Behike 54 for the creamiest of all...
Finally finish with a maduro Padron 80th anniversary

This is my choices and again it's also going to depend on what you are drinking while smoking. What your lunch/dinner choices are going to be...how you pair things will be a key.

I honestly would just go for it...I know these are pretty expensive sticks and I'm not being a "snooty" smoker. I've smoked all of these and they are awesome...You only turn 50 once.

if you have any other question, Id be glad to help you.

THIS IS MY OPINION so, please don't judge me.
Originally Posted by Nathan King:
All in one day? Holy ****! I'd die of nicotine poisining, but I'd die a happy man.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I have a list by the computer and will be reviewing and trimming it down. Normally a birthday is just a birthday to me, just another excuse to smoke and drink (not that I really need one), but the 1/2 century mark may deserve a bit more attention.

Wouldn't dare to judge Felony, that's why I am asking for input. Never know what someone may suggest that sounds interesting. And I agree Nathan, that sounds like a ton of nic overall. Not man enough to smoke all that in one day. :-) The bourbon is taken care of by me and Tbone. I have the red silks Tbone, they are already on the short list. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:51 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by TBone:
If I had to say it would be Olivia O Blue Silks...though the reds silks are great too.
Hmmmm...think I may be able to help here. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Volt 08:12 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Hmmmm...think I may be able to help here. :-) :-)

Ok, hold up here, this is not a "bomb Volt" request. I just need suggestions. I can track down whatever makes the short list. I am still recovering and PIFing from the generosity I was hit with last year.

If any of you BOTLs are hit up by Tbone or Mac to send me sticks because those 2 just like to instigate $hit.. Send them to the troops. The troops will appreciate them and it might make their day good.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:18 PM 03-31-2011
Mike: I Would Go With The Palio Esencia Belicoso. Great Stick & I Think It Fits Your Flavor Profile!:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 08:21 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Mike: I Would Go With The Palio Esencia Belicoso. Great Stick & I Think It Fits Your Flavor Profile!:-)
Here's A Review I Found, Brother!:-)
http://www.cigarcommand.com/wp02/rev...ncia-belicoso/
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:25 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by Volt:
If any of you BOTLs are hit up by Tbone or Mac to send me sticks because those 2 just like to instigate $hit.
I know nothing!! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 08:31 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I know nothing!! :-)
:-)
[Reply]
FelonyRuckus 12:39 AM 04-01-2011
Okay, I've read that the Cohiba Gran Reserva is awesome and amazing. I know some guys don't go by brands and all but, i'm just saying you turn 50 just once. If you can get a hold of one, do it! It's been my Holy Grail cigar...and I was lucky to be able to pick one up today...now I have to wait for a big day for this one. It smells so good though...almost begging to be smoked!
[Reply]
emopunker2004 01:54 AM 04-01-2011
Just smoke every one you have :-):-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:43 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Smoke something really old to represent your age. :-):-)
:-) :-)

Knowing your preferences, I'd suggest something in the Davidoff line, possibly even the Davidoff maduro.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:46 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by longknocker:
You're kidding, right?! Mike said he wanted low on the nic scale--I can't walk after the last third of every Esencia I've ever smoked!
[Reply]
TBone 08:01 AM 04-01-2011
If any of you BOTLs are hit up by Tbone or Mac to send me sticks because those 2 just like to instigate $hit.. Send them to the troops. The troops will appreciate them and it might make their day good.[/quote]

Why am I tied to this? I don't instigate...well at least no lately anyway:-)
[Reply]
Chemyst 09:12 PM 04-01-2011
Smoke what you like.

My favs for special occasions are

AF Hemi maduro
La Riqueza by Tatuaje
Ashton San Cristobal (some spice)

The Padron '64 Anni maduros and Ashton ESGs
are excellent, but a bit pricey for me.

Those 5 cigars would make a great long weekend for me!

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
Chemyst 09:35 PM 04-01-2011
It just occurred to me that you could try to
find a couple LA Cien Anos.

They are outstanding smokes and worthy of
ANY special occasion. Again though, pricey.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
Volt 09:11 PM 04-03-2011
I think on the list so far are:

1. Oliva O silks
2. Padron 26's of some size (this will be a new stick)
3. Black Prince
4. Can't decide if teh Davidoffs are as good as advertised.... Might check them out.
5. The B&M has a stick called hte "Sir Winston"??? Suposed to be good as well.

I have heard of the Encencia... Tasty, but the nic shakes and nausea - not so much :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up