Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Still experimenting...
Trent0341 11:00 AM 03-28-2011
A few others you may like based on some of your previous choices:

The Oliva Master Blend III (robusto is my personal favorite as far as vitola goes). I never hear much about this cigar but I think it's fantastic. Another is the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work of Art maduro. This cigar seems to depend on where you're located as far as availability goes. I've never had a problem getting them but for some they seem about as common as an eight eyed unicorn.

Either way it seems like you're on the right path. and I'm sure you've already heard it but: "Smoke what you like and you'll like what you smoke". Best of luck to you.
[Reply]
Slow-N-Steady 08:00 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
They type case is perfect. Maybe get a larger one. I regularly carry the 18 count. Without the trays, you can easily get 50 cigars in there.
That's exactly what I've decided to do, it seems to be working great for the few trips I've made so far.

Originally Posted by Skywalker:
As others have said, you are well on your way!

Excellent choices in beverage pairing!!!
:-)
Thanks, experimenting to try and pair the perfect cigar with the perfect drink has made everything even more interesting.

Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:
From this point on, there is no looking back. Full steam ahead... :-)
I know. :-) lol

Originally Posted by Trent0341:
A few others you may like based on some of your previous choices:

The Oliva Master Blend III (robusto is my personal favorite as far as vitola goes). I never hear much about this cigar but I think it's fantastic. Another is the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work of Art maduro. This cigar seems to depend on where you're located as far as availability goes. I've never had a problem getting them but for some they seem about as common as an eight eyed unicorn.

Either way it seems like you're on the right path. and I'm sure you've already heard it but: "Smoke what you like and you'll like what you smoke". Best of luck to you.
Thanks for the suggestions, and the last quote in your sentence hits the nail on the head. I've tried quite a few in so little time, but I keep coming back to the few that really impress me every time. I'm thinking about just buying a box of padrons anniversary and la aroma de cuba for now. That's a big investment for a beginner for me lol, but I like what I like!
[Reply]
Chemyst 08:49 PM 04-05-2011
You have some high end sticks there. Mostly Nic tabac, but some
Dominican.

Suggest: RyJ Reserve maduro with 1+yr age, CAO Brazilia, CAO Soprano,
Fuente WOAM (Work of Art maduro), Fuente Hemingway(natural and maduro),
Oliva Master Blends 3(tastes like Padron to me), most Pepins (Serie JJ maddie),
RP Olde World Reserve, Ashton San Cristobal (actually any Ashton).

These and the other suggestions should keep you busy for a while.
Enjoy the journey of discovery. Try a lot of different smokes. Remember
those that you like best.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
TBone 06:14 AM 04-06-2011
I would say try everything with the nic and spice profile and develope what you like that's half the fun the other is trying not to burn yourself while drinking scotch...just sayin
[Reply]
Christiel49 07:25 AM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
From a "true-blue maduro whore", allow me to recommend a few maduros for you...

Camacho Triple Maduro
CAO MX3 (can be had at W.C. Drapers)
601 Blue
Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote
Old Henry Maduro (can be had at Holts)
DPG JJ Series Maduro
El Cobre
Cubao Maduro
:-) From the Maduro Mistress!!
[Reply]
mfarre03 02:37 PM 04-20-2011
Great smokes you have there, I too just tried the Olivia Series V and all I can say is WOW. Some of my old stand byes are :
CAO Brazillia or Italia
Partagas Black
CAO America
Rocky Patel 1992 Reserve or Sun Grown

Ok, now I'm itchin for one...damn weather!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up