Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Residential video surveillance system
Devanmc 05:02 PM 08-09-2012
D-1 Is a video system format:
D-1 resolution is 720 × 486 for NTSC systems

What system are you looking at that doesnt support NTSC?

Basically, yes.
[Reply]
G G 05:06 PM 08-09-2012
none, i went back and saw the one you posted has it too.
[Reply]
G G 05:13 PM 08-09-2012
Also what spec tells you that the human eye can't see the IR part?
[Reply]
Devanmc 05:25 PM 08-09-2012
Infrared color is out of our eyes ability to detect.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared#Night_vision
[Reply]
G G 06:19 PM 08-09-2012
Gotcha, so most of them have the same feature then.
[Reply]
Devanmc 06:38 PM 08-09-2012
yes
[Reply]
G G 04:05 PM 08-15-2012
Okay and update: I talked to friend that sells these and installs them (I couldn't afford him LOL) and he gave me a few pointers. I decided and ordered the one that best buy has, it's the Swann - 8-Channel, 8-Camera Indoor/Outdoor Professional Security System
Model:SWDVK-840008 it has 8 channel D1 recording and some of the cheaper ones only allow D1 on one channel, probably overkill but what the heck. The cameras are also 600 TVL which should be pretty clear from all the reading I did. thanks for the input. It is supposed to be delivered today so after about a month maybe I will have figured out how to install it and get it running.

Oh yeah, it was $749.00 at BestBuy but on backorder there and everywhere else, found it at BrandSmart.com and they had it for $649.00 on the web with free shipping, I called them to make sure it wasn't on backorder and they had it in stock, the lady told me that it was $629.00, so I asked her if that was free shipping too and she said no, but she would add it. Not too bad i didn't think.
[Reply]
Blueface 05:26 PM 08-15-2012
Greg,
Long ago I faced the challenge of cameras for my home.
It was the old bullet lousy resolution with video tape days.
I now have a great 500GB unit, with 9 cameras (8 outside and one inside that looks like a motion sensor for alarm).
The cameras outside are over 20 IR which gives me great night vision. Front of house has over 30IR.
Rather than do myself, I chose to have professionally installed.
While this is a project one can do depending on home and camera locations, I am glad I had a professional install it. With my limited attic space and all lines to run, glad they did it.
Mine also has remote viewing on my iPhone/iPad but the DVR alone,mwhich has flash drive and records DVD's ran me around a thousand, buying online.
I got a cheap 15" Best Buy brand LCD TV for $125.

I recommend you get the best available as that technology changes fast.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:19 PM 08-15-2012
Greg...PM Virginia_Ghost (Bo)...he is selling home systems nowadays.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up