Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Pleasure Denial - Choosing a lesser cigar
WildBlueSooner 03:18 PM 03-07-2009
To rid of this habit I smoked my first CC today...shhhh
[Reply]
Mr B 03:23 PM 03-07-2009
I do it too, for a couple of reasons. If I dont have the time to finish a real nice smoke, I'm not going to light it up. I will take a lesser instead. Especially if the "good" smoke is one I have not tried yet.
I also do it when my "better" smokes need more time in the humi. Also to make some more room, I am in the need of another Tupperdore as we speak.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 03:26 PM 03-07-2009
I do. I save special cigars for special occasions.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 08:10 PM 03-07-2009
I keep away from alot of my "good" cigars for two reasons.

1) I tend to want to age the stuff I know is going to be great.
2) I have some singles of stuff I might not find again.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 08:11 PM 03-07-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
To rid of this habit I smoked my first CC today...shhhh
Excellent!!! Opps...shhh. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 07:51 AM 03-08-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I used to, but not anymore. Why wait for a special occassion? Smoking a great cigar is a special occassion.
i try my best to do this, and it usually works for nice available sticks, but some of my uber rare/ vintage cc's i want to wait until im around a lot of people, big herfs and what not, so that more people can try it that wouldnt normally be able to. either way, just smoke what you enjoy so long as you enjoy smoking

stearns
[Reply]
Addiction 08:37 AM 03-08-2009
I only buy smokes I really enjoy, so I don't really have this problem. I don't really have any yardgars because other than for purposes of trying a smoke either I love them and stock them or I only like them and don't stock them.
[Reply]
nozero 08:42 AM 03-08-2009
I do, but I would not necessarily say it's for no reason. More often than not, it is because I'm trying to reduce the numbers of the "lesser cigars" I have, because I made the mistake of purchasing a box or more of any specific cigar without having tried them first.

I'm still learning not to jump on a deal just because the ad review says they're great. Now I tend to listen more often to the fine members here with whom I share similar tastes.

e.g. I purchased two boxes of Diablo Caliente cigars from Famous. I find these smokes to be borderline most of the time and have been trying to get rid of them, so I often grab one instead of a better cigar. Most of the time, I don't expect much from them and get what I expect. What l find less frequently, is that they surprise me and I end up receiving more enjoyment than I expected.
[Reply]
Tredegar 08:43 AM 03-08-2009
I keep several yardgars around, but I usually only smoke them at work. Let the poor slobs there smell them instead of my family. :-)

I do, however, try to find decent tasting smokes even if they are cheapies. And, yes, I have had better tasting yardgars than some of my more expensive smokes.
[Reply]
tsolomon 08:59 AM 03-08-2009
How do you define a lesser cigar? To me, these would be cigars that I liked and purchased, but now I have bought other cigars that I like better. These cigars have become a victim of my changing taste, but I still enjoy smoking most of them. When picking out a cigar, my first consideration is do I have the time to enjoy a really good cigar? When the weather is bad or I'm working on a project, my tendency is to choose a lesser cigar. The need to rest them also comes up, but even that is dependent on having quality time to spend with the cigar.
[Reply]
MikeyC 09:43 AM 03-08-2009
This is basically the classic "special occassion cigar" thread. I used to do that but now my cigars are no longer divided between "every day" and "special occassion." Now, I divide them among "smoking now" and "cigars to age." :-)

Seriously, every day you wake up is a special day. So, make the most of it. :-)
[Reply]
Whee 09:49 AM 03-08-2009
Originally Posted by Mr B:
I do it too, for a couple of reasons. If I dont have the time to finish a real nice smoke, I'm not going to light it up. I will take a lesser instead. Especially if the "good" smoke is one I have not tried yet.
I also do it when my "better" smokes need more time in the humi. Also to make some more room, I am in the need of another Coolidor as we speak.:-)
Fixed that for ya..:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up