Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Battling fleas!
yakman 03:34 PM 02-18-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Seriously? this works?
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
How much garlic? My lab's breath is already bad enough, I can't imagine what it would be like with garlic.
I just give them a few small pieces. Do you really think it could make any worse.:-)
[Reply]
Zeuceone 04:00 PM 02-18-2011
you cn also give them a bit of brewers yeast to hel p combat fleas.
[Reply]
BradNC 04:05 PM 02-18-2011
I've heard great things about the pet products here:

http://www.cedarcidestore.com/ANIMALHEALTH.html
[Reply]
EricF 04:12 PM 02-18-2011
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
Try diatomaceous earth or borax which kills fleas.

We had a flea infestation in our other house and 20 Mule Team borax(Publix, WInn Dixie) works great to kill them in the house. Sprinkle some in the carpet and under the cushions in your couches and chairs and where your dog sleeps. Works like a champ. It has the borax in it that helps kill the fleas!
[Reply]
Coach Deg 05:14 PM 02-18-2011
Originally Posted by ninjavanish:
Napalm works pretty well.

Of course there's the collateral damage to deal with afterwards...
:-)

:-):-).

On a serious note I have had golden retrievers in Florida for the last 18yrs. Everyone has given a lot of good advice. Treat the yard any flea killer and repeat( directions will say in 7 days). I say in 5 days and in 5 again. Must treat rugs if you have any. There is a pill for the dogs I believe it's Capcon? Ask the vet. Knock wood the only time I've had a problem is when my dogs are off my property. Give them a capcon treat the yard and all is good. My first golden was highly allergic to fleas so I used to treat the neighbors yard also.

Good luck!
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 09:52 AM 02-19-2011
I have used a pill called Capstar that kills fleas on your dog in 30min. You still need to treat your carpet and yard.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up