< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>MSN.com article on the dangers of cigar smoking
e-man67 02:24 PM 06-18-2009
http://www.cigargroup.com/faq/health/

More interesting studies....
[Reply]
Bruzee 02:26 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Frankly, I will take the slightly heightened cancer risk associated with cigar smoking. The stress relief it gives me reduces my risk of my head exploding, so I feel I will live longer smoking cigars than I would if I did not. :-)
:-) For sure my friend. I believe that cigar smoking keeps me from becoming an alcoholic. Seriously. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:35 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
:-) For sure my friend. I believe that cigar smoking keeps me from becoming an alcoholic. Seriously. :-)
Me too, Dustin....not to mention a homicidal maniac. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:38 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by poker:
Tomorrow there will be a "The dangers of sitting down" in its place. lol
If I sit on leather seats in the sun my butt gets sweaty and that's not an editorial. :-)
[Reply]
Waynegro1 02:40 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
That is an editorial, passed off as "news". Typical of MSN. Blah blah blah..........:-)

The only fact cited:

A Journal of Exposure Analysis and Environmental Epidemiology study found higher levels of the toxin carbon monoxide at two cigar social events in San Francisco than on a busy California freeway.

Big deal.
:-)

Originally Posted by poker:
Tomorrow there will be a "The dangers of sitting down" in its place. lol
Beware of hightened clot risk of prolonged sitting. :-)

Frankly, I will take the slightly heightened cancer risk associated with cigar smoking. The stress relief it gives me reduces my risk of my head exploding, so I feel I will live longer smoking cigars than I would if I did not.
:-)
The way I see it, smoking cigars is adding at least 10 years to my life. Being Italian, I'm a bit high strung and cigars help calm me down a bit, not to mention, keeping me from hurting others around me. So as you see, it prolongs their life as well. :-)
Everything in life has some risk, besides, how am I going to get to heaven if I don't die??
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 02:54 PM 06-18-2009
Frankly, I will take the slightly heightened cancer risk associated with cigar smoking. The stress relief it gives me reduces my risk of my head exploding, so I feel I will live longer smoking cigars than I would if I did not. :-)
Exactly... well said, Tom. :-)

Pseudo-science makes my butt itch. :-)
[Reply]
TheTraveler 02:57 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Exactly... well said, Tom. :-)

Pseudo-science makes my butt itch. :-)

I haven't been around the boards in a while so correct me if I'm wrong but ... doesn't your butt always itch?! :-)

j/k :-)
[Reply]
papajohn67 03:01 PM 06-18-2009
Were going to hear more and more of this, cry's for the government to get involved in saving us from ourselves. However I do find it somewhat amusing that the same government that now is so concerned about my personnel health & welfare is also the same one that sent cigars out to us in Vietnam. Sundry boxes flown out on resupply days chock full of cigarettes + plugs of chewing tobacco and five packs of machine made cigars.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 03:08 PM 06-18-2009
I wrote better stories than that in high school, that's not even good enough writing to be Bush League

there's a reason it's on MSN and not on a reputable info source
[Reply]
yitlin 03:15 PM 06-18-2009
Regardless of how you feel about MSN, the fact that it originally ran in Parade magazine is the more damning fact in my mind.
[Reply]
floydpink 04:16 PM 06-18-2009
Well put and very inline with my own thoughts. One of the rare times I feel totally relaxed and in my "zone" is at night on the porch or in my jacuzzi smoking a cigar.

Works better than the prozac my doctor prescribed.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:29 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by yitlin:
Regardless of how you feel about MSN, the fact that it originally ran in Parade magazine is the more damning fact in my mind.
But it's MSN that picked it up and ran with it. :-) That is why I said it's typical. They do this all the time and they are not the only one. There are more editorials in the "news" today, than factual news. Edward R. Murrow is turning in his grave.

For you young uns, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_R._Murrow :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 06:15 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by TheTraveler:
I haven't been around the boards in a while so correct me if I'm wrong but ... doesn't your butt always itch?! :-)

j/k :-)
No offense taken, Jonathan....it is a fairly regular occurrence. :-)
[Reply]
wrench turner 85 06:23 PM 06-18-2009
do these so called "Experts" realize that we breath this in every day. Every went to Africa or country's like that or a old car show, then you breathed in lead, carbon monoxide, CO2, and a bunch of other crap thats more toxic than cigar smoke. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 07:23 PM 06-18-2009
Don't pay attention to anything PMS NBC says or does, never heard of Parade Magazine. I'm just not cool.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:50 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Don't pay attention to anything PMS NBC says or does, never heard of Parade Magazine. I'm just not cool.
I think Parade Magazine is the little rag that comes with the Sunday papers.
[Reply]
Smoking Cave Out 08:50 PM 06-18-2009
I think that we gave her alot more attention that she deserves. Probably she is thinking Mission accomplished .
[Reply]
drob 09:17 PM 06-18-2009

True, dat!
[Reply]
BlackIrish 10:32 PM 06-18-2009
What the author probably doesn't realize is that my cigar smoking likely allows her to live longer. If I didn't have a chance to kick back and relax with a cigar, I'd probably act on my pent-up rage and throttle paternalistic busybodies like her.
[Reply]
cbsmokin 08:58 AM 06-19-2009
For me the bottom line is smoking a cigar has it's health risks. I believe that in moderation the risks are tolerable. For now I'm in good health. If that changes and doc says quit, I will. Seems fairly simplistic to me.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up