Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Beverage accompaniements with your tobacco product
Bax 07:41 AM 10-13-2009
I love a good Cream Soda or Sweet tea.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 08:39 AM 10-13-2009
Daily, I drink ice water along with my smokes. The palate refresh suits me pretty well.

"On Occasion" (read: with friends) it's definitely high end cognacs (now that Sarkozy's doing some good over there I'll allow myself a bit of French finery.)

Primarily I'm a Scotch drinker, preferring the peaty Islays. Unfortunately I haven't found a cigar that can stand up to my preferred Scotch, Ardbeg.

I've tried a couple things, but when I take a drink of Scotch, any cigar I've tried to pair it with just tastes like warm air.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:40 AM 10-13-2009
In the morning I often have strong black coffee with my cigars. In the afternoon it might be ice water or a beer.

In the evening it is usually ice water accompanied by good tequila (Don Julio) or Single Malt Scotch (Glenmorangie).

If I am out with a lot of people I usually end up drinking what they are drinking -- usually gin and tonic or bloody mary's.

I don't chug the alcohol, I drink it slowly and enjoy the taste with my cigar.
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 08:42 AM 10-13-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Booze. :-) :-)
yesh.... +1
[Reply]
icehog3 09:44 AM 10-13-2009
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski:
yesh.... +1
Did I mention booze, Larry? :-)
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 10:08 AM 10-13-2009
When I first started frequenting this (and the old) forum, I saw that a lot of brothers and sisters drank Coke. I had never been a coke drinker, in fact hated it. But the lovely Mrs. Brew likes it, so I figured what the heck. I was shocked to discover how much I enjoyed the pairing. I still enjoy a beer or occasional glass of wine with my cigar, but by far my most frequent selection is coke.
[Reply]
DoctorBJ 10:09 AM 10-13-2009
coke here. Coke with whiskey or bourbon in it if the situation allows.
[Reply]
tuxpuff 10:54 AM 10-13-2009
I only smoke a couple of stogies a week at most...so it's always rum, bourbon, or beer...and on occasion all three :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 01:12 PM 10-13-2009
Always have a glass of water (but I usually have water nearby even when I'm not smoking :-))

If I decide to pair my smoke with something extra, I'll add: Morning smokes (usually Conny's) go great with coffee; if it's the afternoon, then rootbeer is my choice; and evening smokes will be paired with beer or port.
[Reply]
captain53 01:27 PM 10-13-2009
Single Malt Scotch - Preferably Lagavulin - in an appropriate glass (see note below) with 3 cubes of ice max. (Ice Cubes should be made with distilled water) - Perfect! Everyday Lower Cost Substitute Scotch could include: Laphroaig, Talisker, Caol Ila or in a jam The Glenlivet will work.:-)

Glass: Wife gave me a pair of these for Christmas many years ago:RIEDEL Engraved Whiskey/Scotch Glass Sets

http://www.crystalizeonline.com/rienscglse2.html

Exceptions: Very hot weather = Dark Shiner Bock
Before Lunch = CDM Coffee

I do like to sip some ice water along the way with a long lasting cigar.
[Reply]
wrench turner 85 01:44 PM 10-13-2009
Sundrop
[Reply]
Darrell 01:56 PM 10-13-2009
Coke.

or Strawberry Nesquick. (Kidding)
[Reply]
tsolomon 02:03 PM 10-13-2009
Bourbon or rum straight up with a cube or 10 Yr Tawny Port are my favorites. :-)
[Reply]
beamish 02:06 PM 10-13-2009
vodka and ginger lemon twist...or coffee
[Reply]
Catfish 02:11 PM 10-13-2009
morning: Coffee or Bloody Mary
Afternoon: Water or beer
Night: Honey beer or a Chunky Screw ( 1/2 Svedka, 1/2 Most pulp Florida Natural Flavor OJ, very liberal splash of Nellie and Joe's Famous double strength Lime Juice
[Reply]
troutbreath 03:12 PM 10-13-2009
Water or coffee. Sometimes a diet coke.
[Reply]
Xcytez 03:21 PM 10-13-2009
Creme Soda all the way!!
[Reply]
The Poet 03:21 PM 10-13-2009
Originally Posted by wrench turner 85:
Sundrop
:-) Dang it, you really think most these boys even ever heard of that? Might as well say Cheerwine, brother!

I'm gonna try to bump my "creme soda" thread for you, friend.
[Reply]
Blindjimme 03:23 PM 10-13-2009
I like coffe in the AM, water at midday, and beer after hours. Which includes
afternoons on days off :-)
[Reply]
captain53 03:40 PM 10-13-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
:-) Dang it, you really think most these boys even ever heard of that? Might as well say Cheerwine, brother!

I'm gonna try to bump my "creme soda" thread for you, friend.
Us seasoned boys from the south know about it, could say it was the predecessor to Mountain Dew! Wonder how many ever drank a Teem Soda?:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up