Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Anyone have recommendations for shipping alcohol?
forgop 12:43 PM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Voss water :-)

Lava lamps?
Lava lamps...good thinking. I wonder if there are any other good ones.
[Reply]
forgop 12:47 PM 11-26-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Then don't ship USPS! However, I'm sure that millions of bottles of perfume will be shipped by USPS this Christmas, technically also illegal.
Too big of a box to use USPS...I was gonna use Fed Ex ground. I do like the lava lamp suggestion. I don't think perfume is on their restricted list either, but this box is just much too big.
[Reply]
hotreds 12:58 PM 11-26-2010
Some examples of commonly-used items restricted or considered hazardous under USPS regulations include:

Perfumes
Nail polish
Flea collars or flea sprays
Aerosols
Bleach
Pool chemicals
Paints
Matches
Batteries
Fuels or gasoline
Airbags
Dry ice
Mercury thermometers
Cleaning supplies
Items previously containing fuel
Glues
Fireworks

Lotsa lawbreakers out there, methinks!

[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:18 AM 12-01-2010
Is FedEx ground usually expensive, or does it change when I'm the one ordering from a e-tailer? Was going to buy some drinks and ship directly to my Secret Santa "kid", but then saw the cost to ship was $24.99...

I'm guessing if I pick it up locally and ship to him via FedEx ground it will be substantially cheaper?
[Reply]
SNKBYT 09:25 AM 12-01-2010
PM sent
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:47 AM 12-01-2010
You can always declare the contents as "chocolates."

I've been shipping beer in medium flat rate boxes for a long time. My wife gets cases of wine by FedEx Ground, I just cut down the packing cardboard to fit in the USPS box. I then wrap the bottles individually in gallon-size ziploc bags--just in case they break there's a lesser chance of getting spillage everywhere--and pack it all in tightly with bubble wrap. Works great, and can usually get 2-3 22 oz bottles, or 5-6 12s in.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:12 AM 12-01-2010
It's usually cheaper for me to have liquor shipped from NY/NJ to MA than it is paying sales tax in either state! Not many will ship here even if legal; too many are snakebit about shipping to MA.
[Reply]
SNKBYT 10:19 AM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
It's usually cheaper for me to have liquor shipped from NY/NJ to MA than it is paying sales tax in either state! Not many will ship here even if legal; too many are snakebit about shipping to MA.
BS I ship to MA :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:54 AM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by snkbyt:
BS I ship to MA :-)
Are you an alcohol retailer?
[Reply]
forgop 12:32 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
You can always declare the contents as "chocolates."

I've been shipping beer in medium flat rate boxes for a long time. My wife gets cases of wine by FedEx Ground, I just cut down the packing cardboard to fit in the USPS box. I then wrap the bottles individually in gallon-size ziploc bags--just in case they break there's a lesser chance of getting spillage everywhere--and pack it all in tightly with bubble wrap. Works great, and can usually get 2-3 22 oz bottles, or 5-6 12s in.
My issue so much isn't how to to package them as I'm confident I can pack the bottles well enough. My concern was more along the lines of how do you try to disguise something that would be easily detected as a liquid from the sound/feeling liquids make when a package is moved from the movement of liquid in a bottle. It would send up red flags if you don't allow virtually any liquid to be shipped. Therefore, my thinking is could I try to get a step ahead of the game and literally wrote FRAGILE: LAVA LAMPS on the outside for someone to not have any reason to suspect anything more and minimize my risk of it being opened.
[Reply]
SNKBYT 12:36 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Are you an alcohol retailer?
nope just a BBQ sauce crack dealer :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:43 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by snkbyt:
nope just a BBQ sauce crack dealer :-)
It's the alcohol retailers who scared after UPS and FedEX seizures over the years.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:15 PM 12-01-2010
Lots of bubble wrap and ship it as a collectible. Actually had a person in front of me who said it was a bourbon bottle and they said they couldn't ship it, but then when they said it was a collectible Kentucky Derby bottle they allowed it. Obviously I wouldn't mention it, but it has happened before even when they knew the contents. I have personally shipped a dozen or so liquor bottles and a 12 pack of beer, well sealed and labeled as "Fragile" and "Heavy" with no problems. There is also some theory that says if things are wrapped in tin foil there isn't much they can tell, thats how I shipped the old Club Stogie matches with no problems. All with no mention of liquid or alcohol with no issues. :-)
[Reply]
captain53 02:34 PM 12-01-2010
I just got a case of scotch a few weeks ago UPS.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up