Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>ACID Nasty
andromalius 09:29 AM 03-03-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
So I was sitting, smoking an Ashton VSG, when the wife lights up a Nasty. She gets maybe 1/4" in, turns to me and delivers probably the most succinct review of a cigar I've ever heard.

Wife: "This cigar isn't very good, it kinda tastes like spicy dirt. Do you think it would be okay if I just threw it away?"
Me: "Please..."

:-):-)

Made me laugh anyways.
I've never had a Nasty, but I actually like Drew Estate, and I'd try one if I had one. My favorite DE is the Earthiness, which actually does taste like "spicy dirt". It sounds unappealing (dirt? really? is what I usually get asked), but I find it to be an enjoyable smoke.

And for all you haters out there, if you ever get an unwanted DE cigar and want to get rid of it, PM me and I'll help you dispose of it.

:-)
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 09:51 AM 03-03-2012
Originally Posted by andromalius:
I've never had a Nasty, but I actually like Drew Estate, and I'd try one if I had one. My favorite DE is the Earthiness, which actually does taste like "spicy dirt". It sounds unappealing (dirt? really? is what I usually get asked), but I find it to be an enjoyable smoke.

And for all you haters out there, if you ever get an unwanted DE cigar and want to get rid of it, PM me and I'll help you dispose of it.

[Reply]
the jiggler 10:17 AM 03-03-2012
Acids brought me in to the fold. T52s keep me here. I still enjoy a Kuba Kuba Maduro regularly. The Dirt Torpedo is fantastic smoke and a killer social lubricant. JD is a riot in person. What's not to be thankful for with Drew Estates?

The nasty. The nasty is nasty. With it's name and shape, I really, really wanted it to be good. It actually led to the formation of the cigar law of inverse proportions which explicitly states that name and shape esteem increase indirectly proportional to the odds of the cigar tasting like a slim jim wrapped in toilet paper.
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 10:35 AM 03-03-2012
I agree awful taste.
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 11:11 AM 03-03-2012
A very good friend of mine runs a very busy B&M on the east coast. On my last visit, I was ribbing him about his extensive Acid selection. He told me "....you wouldn't believe how many we sell...". I look at it this way - if Acid's get folks interested in the world of premium hand made cigars, so much the better. Hey, like what you smoke, smoke what you like....right? There's no question that the nice folks at Drew Estates know very well how to make a wonderful cigar. My cabinet has Pigs, Rats, Liga #9's, and Undercrown's in it...'nuff said.

No, Acid's aren't my thing either. If you don't like them, don't smoke them. But, let's not alienate the folks that do....just show them the better path...:-)

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up