Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
General Discussion>wanna freak the hell out of some people, do this
darb85 10:20 PM 04-19-2009
Originally Posted by TXRebel:
:-) Are there that many bank robberies by helmet wearing thieves in your town? Seems like they’re a little paranoid.
small conservitive town. and yes, very very paranoid at this branch. not sure why, but hey, I guess its a good thing
[Reply]
darb85 10:22 PM 04-19-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
That's one benefit of not wearing a helmet. :-) :-)
wear a helmet Tom...WEAR YOUR GEAR! :-)

and with that, im gonna run away from you and hide yous a scary dude.
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 10:31 PM 04-19-2009
We actually had a bank robbed by a couple guys on motorcycles recently. They came in wearing helmets and full riding gear, brandished a gun and took off with the cash. They were not caught either. Maybe not so paranoid. Not bashing you though, as that sounds like something I'd do.
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 10:32 PM 04-19-2009
That's one benefit of not wearing a helmet. :-) :-)
tsk tsk.....always wear a helmet! Tom may be big and scary, but this is the interwebs, I'm tough.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:34 PM 04-19-2009
Originally Posted by darb85:
wear a helmet Tom...WEAR YOUR GEAR! :-)

and with that, im gonna run away from you and hide yous a scary dude.
Is this my Dad posting under an alias??? :-) :-)
[Reply]
darb85 10:50 PM 04-19-2009
Is this my Dad posting under an alias??? :-) :-)
yup, hey girls dig my leather suit! its the assless chaps I had to stop wearing...
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:03 PM 04-19-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
A good lesson learned. Always remove helmet before entering bank. Good thing you did not get tasered.
Tom wasn't there to tase him :-)
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
I've gone into liquor stares and gas station stores without taking off my helmet before, but I never thought it was threatening.
Something to thing about.
how much drinking before you go into stares? :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:10 PM 04-19-2009
yup, hey girls dig my leather suit! its the assless chaps I had to stop wearing...
Maybe you can ditch the helmet for a brimmed beanie. :-)

Originally Posted by Big Vito:

This time. :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 12:20 AM 04-20-2009
Cant see your face, cant tell who you are, and when you are in full leathers, Gloves, Boots, they cant even tell what color you are, hell i could have been purple. all security! They thought i was going to rob it, they had to check out my house after they brought me in, and my car, and bike, and bags. Ya take your freaking helmet off. wasted my whole day.
Unless you had a gun on you, I don't see the point of the rest of what you're talking about. They HAD to check out your house?

I'm sorry, but I'd be on the phone with a lawyer after that. I'd be thrown in prison if they searched my house. Not because I had done anything wrong, but hell, they walk into my house, see a few gun safes and loads of ammo and you know damn well what they'd think. Legal as it may be.

Yea it's great for a bank to be proactive against a threat, but assaulting you prematurely, then after establishing you weren't a threat, keeping you in cuffs, then violating your privacy on a number of levels thereafter. What country is this again?
[Reply]
adampc22 12:32 AM 04-20-2009
last year that made it ilegal to have a helmet on in a bank here
[Reply]
darb85 09:19 AM 04-20-2009
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Unless you had a gun on you, I don't see the point of the rest of what you're talking about. They HAD to check out your house?

I'm sorry, but I'd be on the phone with a lawyer after that. I'd be thrown in prison if they searched my house. Not because I had done anything wrong, but hell, they walk into my house, see a few gun safes and loads of ammo and you know damn well what they'd think. Legal as it may be.

Yea it's great for a bank to be proactive against a threat, but assaulting you prematurely, then after establishing you weren't a threat, keeping you in cuffs, then violating your privacy on a number of levels thereafter. What country is this again?
it wasnt a big deal. I mean I would have done the same probably. bonehead move on my part.
[Reply]
AD720 09:22 AM 04-20-2009

This time. :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 09:43 AM 04-20-2009
Find the box for the helmet and give it away/sell it before it does you harm again. (assuming of course it is new and unused for a period of time)
[Reply]
darb85 09:47 AM 04-20-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Find the box for the helmet and give it away/sell it before it does you harm again. (assuming of course it is new and unused for a period of time)
Cant, helmet laws...

Hey! I was only following the law!

wonder if that would have worked?:-)
[Reply]
SeanGAR 09:54 AM 04-20-2009

I tend to agree. Once cuffed, they check you out, no gun, no ransom note, no other weapons, a good excuse (sorry man, I plumb forgot and was taking it off when you came), they should have patted you on the back and let you go about your business. Anything else is overkill. If they wanted to look at your house from the outside, no problem, anything inside they need a warrant, unless you have weed plants visible from the street or some other cause. Yeah, you should have taken the helmet off, but what threat were you? Have a gun? Have a knife? Seriously .... makes me wonder.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:19 AM 04-20-2009
:-)
[Reply]
karmaz00 05:53 PM 04-20-2009
note to self....no helmit in bank :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:55 PM 04-20-2009

I think the rest is what makes it a good story...bet he wont forget to take his helmet off now :-)
[Reply]
TXRebel 06:02 PM 04-20-2009
they had to check out my house after they brought me in, and my car,
Sounds like a violation of the 4Th Amendment.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 06:05 PM 04-20-2009

how much drinking before you go into stares? :-)
Now THAT made me laugh. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up