Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar you smoked a lot of but now ignore?
TomHagen 09:22 AM 07-16-2009
Truth be told...

Padron 6000

I don't know why I don't smoke them, I guess DPG and Illusione have my wallet at that price point.

I used to smoke all Padron x000 like they were going out of style, and infact didn't smoke much of anything else. When I had my first Tatuaje, a Regio, I just thought it to be a one-dimensional spicey Padron 3000 nat, ohhh I've come a long way baby. Now I can't smoke enough Tat's & DPG.

Also, Fuente, especially Short Stories. Used suck one down every evening. now... I actually revisited them a month ago and have to say I really liked it, though I really stopped liking Cameroon, due to the sour taste, but the Hemingway series always has that sweetness.

ps nice thread
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:28 AM 07-16-2009
I used to smoke a ton of partagas black labels and CAO brazilias. I burned through those sticks like I was a dragon. I still have a couple each on hand but I just haven't had any disire to smoke them.
[Reply]
TomHagen 09:33 AM 07-16-2009
Maybe also write what we are smoking now?

What have you replaced the ol' standby or ol' great smoke with?

(a lot will probably say CC's, but besides that...)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:37 AM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by TomHagen:
Maybe also write what we are smoking now?

What have you replaced the ol' standby or ol' great smoke with?

(a lot will probably say CC's, but besides that...)
I have replaced the blacks and cao's with some Tats, DPG, Padrons, and CC's. I still smoke a variety of cigars, it just seems that those cigars take the place for the black label and cao's.
[Reply]
JJG 09:52 AM 07-16-2009
I used to buy a lot of Padrons, mostly the 3k and 4k. I still enjoy them occasionally but not with any regularity. They taste great, but I finally just got bored with that one flavor.
[Reply]
tsolomon 11:09 AM 07-16-2009
For the past couple of weekends, I have been pulling out old sticks that I haven't smoked in quite awhile to give them a smoke. There has only been 2 out of the whole bunch that I still enjoy. DPG Blues and Oliva G Cameroon, the rest are going out to Fred for the troops. DPG Blacks, Montecristo Media Noche, 5 Vegas Gold and Classics, Casa Royale. It's not that I dont like them, but I do find them to a boring smoke. :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 11:09 AM 07-16-2009
Macanudo Golds. Now they are like suckin air. I just perfer more spice and flavor now.
[Reply]
htown 11:12 AM 07-16-2009
I smoked a lot of Padron and Padron Aniversarios and now I can take them or leave them.
[Reply]
alley00p 11:29 AM 07-16-2009
LOL, I started with Macanudos - especially Hampton Courts and Fuente Curly Heads... :-)

Haven't either in ages :-)

:-)
[Reply]
e-man67 11:41 AM 07-16-2009
Started in the early 90's with Macanudos and Monte Cristos...then went to all things Fuente and Romeo Juliet gold labels...smoked a TON of Partegas Black and Punch rare corojo's along with HDM excalibers in the early 2000's...have them all in my Humi and haven't looked at them in years (with the exception of 1 Partagas Black about a month ago)...now mostly I smoke Tats and DPG stuff...although I do have my CC moments.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:46 AM 07-16-2009
I used to love Fuente Cuban Coronas. I haven't had one in a long time. Don't like them with natural wrappers anymore, but the maduros are still ok.
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:47 AM 07-16-2009
RP 1990s and AF Hemingway's were the ones I smoked the most but now they don't even cross my mind
[Reply]
The Poet 03:01 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
I used to smoke a whole bunch of Maria Mancini Magic Mountains both natural and maduro. Still have half a box of maduros and smoked the first one in about a year last week. They still taste good but I have moved on to cigars that I prefer such as Olivas and DPG Blues.

Funny thing there - I smoked a stubby MM, a DeGaulle I think they call it, for the first time in a loooong time just the other night. And I used to smoke these and those skinny little jobbies, whatever they call 'em, quite often - plus, I'm almost certain I have a sampler of MMMMs in the bottom of one of my coolerdors. As the man said, they taste good - different, but good - yet I've just let them slide.
[Reply]
darkninja67 03:06 PM 07-16-2009
During the boom one of my mainstays were El Rey del Mundos (NC). I still want them but haven't scored any of late.
[Reply]
eber 03:11 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by BigCat:
Cusano 18 double connecticut. I went through a couple boxes my first year smoking. Now when I find one in the humi I save it for when I need to give a non-smoker something mild. I just moved onto fuller smokes, as is usually the case.
:-)
I never bought a box of these but when I started smoking these were all I smoked at the B&M, I have just graduated to a more full flavor flavor profile
[Reply]
Bax 04:20 PM 07-16-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
I used to smoke a whole bunch of Maria Mancini Magic Mountains both natural and maduro. Still have half a box of maduros and smoked the first one in about a year last week. They still taste good but I have moved on to cigars that I prefer such as Olivas and DPG Blues.
I've got a few of these collecting dust myself.
[Reply]
wrench turner 85 04:54 PM 07-16-2009
Its not that I ignore it, I just cant find it any more and thats Di Meola's. :-)
[Reply]
jerseystepup 05:00 PM 07-16-2009
What I used to smoke religously? 5 vegas gold or perdomo lot 23's.....

What they've been replaced with? Besides psd 4's. Either 5 vegas miamis's or tat white labels.
[Reply]
flat6nut 06:04 PM 07-16-2009
Used to smoke a ton of La Fontana. Way to mild for me anymore.
[Reply]
Jimbo14 06:53 PM 07-16-2009
Great thread.

I used smoke alot of Montecristo #4. I still smoke them and enjoy them, but my palate has changed.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up