Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>El Cobre by Oliva
taltos 02:46 AM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Thanks for the review!!!

But I'm afraid!!!
:-)
Grow a sack young Jedi. What does not quite kill us only makes us stronger.:-)
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 03:32 AM 03-19-2009
They are not that strong once they get some rest in the humi, but they are tasty!
[Reply]
taltos 03:40 AM 03-19-2009
They still have some kick to them but are not as strong as some others that I have had.
[Reply]
Totemic 09:55 AM 03-19-2009
Are these even available anymore? I've been looking for them but so far every source for Oliva that I know is out of stock (and there doesn't seem to be any plans on restocking them either).
[Reply]
taltos 10:00 AM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by Totemic:
Are these even available anymore? I've been looking for them but so far every source for Oliva that I know is out of stock (and there doesn't seem to be any plans on restocking them either).
Check page 1 of this thread. I put a link to a source on there.
[Reply]
TripleF 09:07 PM 04-05-2009
Just smoked one gifted to me by the slippery Shilala and absolutely loved it!!

I highly recommend it if you are looking for a magnificent mound of maduro taste!! :-)
[Reply]
The Saint 09:22 PM 04-05-2009
Pick up a bundle of robustos, they aren't as strong as I thought they would be. I must have fried my taste buds :-), but all and all a very tasty cigar! I would pick these up again, with out a doubt. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:52 PM 04-05-2009
I snagged one of these in a pass. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:17 PM 04-08-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
I highly recommend it if you are looking for a magnificent mound of maduro taste!! :-)
Then I'm sure Paul would love these. Oh, thats right. He's still digging himself out from underneath the "Birthday" rubble:-):-)
[Reply]
Misha 04:51 AM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
They still have some kick to them but are not as strong as some others that I have had.
Hmmm so I am not the only one that noticed it.
I would not even call them full bodied anymore...
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 02:11 PM 04-09-2009
Yeah, I purchased some of these over a year ago and didn't think they weren't nearly as strong as I had read. I thought the LFD DL Chisel kicked me harder than the El Cobre.

They STILL stink (but such a good stink) just as much as they did back when I first bought them though!
[Reply]
shilala 10:12 AM 04-10-2009
I just smoked another one of these yesterday and it was excellent. Once again, not nearly as powerful as they've been hyped to be, but absolutely delicious, full, and a true pleasure to smoke.
I walked around for ten minutes with the nub in my mouth once it was done. I don't think I've ever done that with any cigar.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 04:24 PM 04-10-2009
just drybox them Scott, the dryer they get, the more power.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:29 PM 04-27-2009
Smoking one right now...

Love this little butt-kicker! Scott described it well. I was gifted this one... planning on getting some more. :-)

The guy who gave it to me included it in a bunch of strong smokes... I think he was trying to kill me - but I really liked this robusto. :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 11:01 PM 04-27-2009
Whew... half-way through...

Legs are feeling a little wobbly. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:38 PM 04-27-2009
:-)
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 12:03 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Smoking one right now...

Love this little butt-kicker! Scott described it well. I was gifted this one... planning on getting some more. :-)

The guy who gave it to me included it in a bunch of strong smokes... I think he was trying to kill me - but I really liked this robusto. :-)
you should try the torpedo, it starts off less strong and builds slowly towards how the robusto is :-)
[Reply]
colimo 12:05 AM 04-28-2009
i will have to try one or more of these....i generallly like the oliva line, particularly the V series
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 12:52 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by colimo:
i will have to try one or more of these....i generallly like the oliva line, particularly the V series
Eat something first... and don't smoke it while operating heavy equipment. :-)
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 05:44 AM 04-28-2009
I have always wanted to try one of these, but cant get my hands on one.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up