Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>No More Beard!
macpappy 06:34 AM 12-26-2008
Back in the dark ages (1970s) when the US Coast Guard still allowed beards and I was on an icebreaker they came through engineering with the same type of test. There were a few of us with full beards that actually got a better seal on the masks then some of the clean shaven guys. The Navy still made us all shave so we could go through fire-fighting school.

Hate to see you lose your beard though. You can always grown it back after retirement.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 11:38 AM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by Sailchaser:
Dave, with the beard partially gone it may be the start of a whole new stealth bombing campaign of an unknown member :-):-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Sailchaser 12:55 PM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by Old Sailor:
:-):-):-)

Dave I can see the smoke from here in the States , Might be Fun
[Reply]
Aladdin Sane 06:08 PM 12-26-2008
Sorry to hear about the soon to be loss of facial hair Dave.
Maybe some of us can grow a beard in solidarity for ya! :-)

I have not shaved my goatee since late October...No one seems impressed about it but me!
[Reply]
Conch Republican 09:35 PM 12-26-2008
Dave - go for the handelbar mustache - Al told me there are some .alt forums where they like that:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Conch Republican 09:36 PM 12-26-2008
Dave with a "soul patch" Oh how I wish I could photo chop!!!
[Reply]
Bear 09:58 PM 12-26-2008
Funny this should come up... I missed this post yesterday. I was in the Bear Cave with Alex (A2VR6) tonight and we watched a piece on the CBC with Peter Masbridge where he spent some time on a research vessel in the High Arctic. The Captain of the Amundsen has a full beard as did many of the good men who worked on it. I actually asked Alex if he remembered you mentioning that you might have to shave.
Different rules for up there I guess? :-)
Link to the sory (the piece starts in the 12th minute) http://www.cbc.ca/ondemand/news/thenational.asx (note the link will probably only be good until 10 pm on the 27th)
[Reply]
Old Sailor 10:10 PM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by Bear:
Funny this should come up... I missed this post yesterday. I was in the Bear Cave with Alex (A2VR6) tonight and we watched a piece on the CBC with Peter Masbridge where he spent some time on a research vessel in the High Arctic. The Captain of the Amundsen has a full beard as did many of the good men who worked on it. I actually asked Alex if he remembered you mentioning that you might have to shave.
Different rules for up there I guess? :-)
Link to the sory (the piece starts in the 12th minute) http://www.cbc.ca/ondemand/news/thenational.asx (note the link will probably only be good until 10 pm on the 27th)
once they get around to all the ships, even the Capt will be tested. Will have to ask if this is Canada wide though.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Old Sailor 10:12 PM 12-26-2008
Originally Posted by Conch Republican:
Dave with a "soul patch" Oh how I wish I could photo chop!!!

:-) I heard somewhere that you are SHORT ON CIGARS!!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:31 AM 12-27-2008
what? Mark is short on cigars?
[Reply]
GWN 07:15 AM 12-27-2008
The worst part about this is it means you have to spend more time shaving. My inherent laziness is the only reason I keep my goatee.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up